NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

I understand and completely support the idea of a local band taking the first main stage spot. What I don't understand is a Spanish band on the main stage too (what seems to be the case). 

The Who seems more and more likely. I love it. Wouln't mind having both Eddie and Kaiser Chiefs too. 

27 minutes ago, clasher said:

I understand and completely support the idea of a local band taking the first main stage spot. What I don't understand is a Spanish band on the main stage too (what seems to be the case). 

The Who seems more and more likely. I love it. Wouln't mind having both Eddie and Kaiser Chiefs too. 

Saving second day from being a disaster 

4 hours ago, Tremousse said:

Have you seen them before? I'd like to know more about them 

Fucking yes! 3 times in 4 days the last time. They're a pure rock band, mixing sub genres like post and hard rock, for example. The lyrics are beautiful too. André Henriques (their singer and songwriter) is very good. Obviously, he sings in Portuguese, unfortunately for you guys, but the instrumentals are also pretty good.

Try to listen to Olhos de Mongol, their first album.

Edited by joaommaia
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, clasher said:

Totally agree, having 5 spanish/portuguese bands at the mainstage is really bad, I support the idea that portuguese bands should open the main stage every day but not 2 bands in the same day, also 2 spanish bands at the main stage? Even spanish fans don´t really like that idea.

But I guess that this is one of the worst years in the past 10 years for european festivals, I mean there are only a few possible bookings for headliners and most of them already played here in Portugal, so blaming Nos Alive for not booking legendary bands is stupid, they have marketing teams so they know what they´re doing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joaommaia said:

Fucking yes! 3 times in 4 days the last time. They're a pure rock band, mixing sub genres like post and hard rock, for example. The lyrics are beautiful too. André Henriques (their singer and songwriter) is very good. Obviously, he sings in Portuguese, unfortunately for you guys, but the instrumentals are also pretty good.

Try to listen to Olhos de Mongol, their first album.

Thank you! That's exactly what I need!! 

2 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

I have tickets and they quit with daily announcement, great. 

Hopefully getting ready for a big one later this week? I think someone mentioned Thursday for the Mad Cool announcement, so could well be similar timescale for NOS. I expect some headline level news before the end of the week.

• Upvote 1