2019 Stage Predictions

dentalplan

21 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Also all the more reason to not do it again 

I’d say it’s the most suitable place for him. His solo stuff isn’t well known at all and if he isn’t doing Pulp stuff (which I don’t think he does) then he can’t really command a slot on any of the bigger stages. 

JP or Park would be about right.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I’d say it’s the most suitable place for him. His solo stuff isn’t well known at all and if he isn’t doing Pulp stuff (which I don’t think he does) then he can’t really command a slot on any of the bigger stages. 

JP or Park would be about right.

Feels like more of a Park act to me

2 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Never done it and have more than enough bangers for it. I reckon it'd go down well.

Bit of a generalisation 'cause I know a lot of shite ends up on the Pyramid but I don't think they're a spectacular enough of a booking to warrant a slot on that stage. Not exactly setting the world on fire at the moment or anything.

Plus, are they not terrible live? Or at least they were on the Other in 2010. Have they sorted their shit out or do they just not translate well to an outdoor stage? Reckon they'd just end up on Other again if anywhere.

20 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Bit of a generalisation 'cause I know a lot of shite ends up on the Pyramid but I don't think they're a spectacular enough of a booking to warrant a slot on that stage. Not exactly setting the world on fire at the moment or anything.

Plus, are they not terrible live? Or at least they were on the Other in 2010. Have they sorted their shit out or do they just not translate well to an outdoor stage? Reckon they'd just end up on Other again if anywhere.

Saw em at Mad Cool the other week and they were alright; nothing special though. I did see them straight after Justice, mind, so it was always gonna be a bit dull in comparison. Reckon it'd have been shit in the daylight.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I really hope Tame Impala are there. I reckon they could headline other stage. The new album probably won’t have been out for that long at the time of the festival.

Don't see it myself. They subbed last time and will only be getting bigger come the next album. A Other headline slot would be a bit of a step down and I imagine they'll be looking to headline a few festivals themselves.

8 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Perhaps, but that would be two London festivals in less than a year. I reckon Parklife might get them.

I hope you're right but even if they play Parklife it's unlikely to rule them out of other festivals. Past couple of years all of the headliners have headlined elsewhere in the UK, with LG, The xx and Frank Ocean all doing London fests.

I think Tame Impala could do APE on the back of a successful new album. I'd be surprised if they're deemed as less of a draw than LCD or Bjork.

They'd be a better booking for APE in 2020 with some kind of exclusivity attached. Give them a year off the London fests and let them do their own dates instead.

Be surprised if we saw them at Glasto anyway, it doesn't really feel like there's anywhere for them to go and even if the album does launch them to proper headliner level it wouldn't happen in time for Glasto to book them any time soon.

Edited by Mash011

Friday:

Pyramid - Madonna, The 1975, Slash, Lily Allen, Clean Bandit, Jungle, Ezra Furman 

Other - Tame Impala, Elbow, Catfish & the Bottlemen, Interpol, Everything Everything, Michael Kiwanuka, White Denim, James, Bloc Party (secret opening set)

WH - Skepta, M83, Robyn, Leon Bridges, The Internet

John Peel - Young Fathers, Editors, The Wombats, John Grant, Metric, Deaf Havana, Tom Grennan, Hudson Taylor

The Park - My Bloody Valentine, SBTRKT, Mac Demarco, Brockhampton, Mitski, Lewis Capaldi, Camemphat 

Saturday

Pyramid - Arctic Monkeys, Snow Patrol, Lenny Kravtiz, Tenacious D, Years & Years, St Paul & the Broken Bones, Vintage Trouble

Other - Childish Gambino, Vampire Weekend, Jess Glynne, Suede, Franz Ferdinand, Jack Garrett, The Lemon Twigs, Idles

WH - Jamie XX, Chaka Khan, Snakehips, Noname, Confidence Man

John Peel - You Me at Six, Death Cab for Cutie, Kodaline, MO, Jorja Smith, Mystery Jets, Bear's Den, Amy Shark

The Park - Public Service Broadcasting, The Decemberists, Marina & the Diamonds, Kacey Musgraves, Declan McKenna, Natalie Prass, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever

Sunday:

Pyramid - Paul McCartney, Liam Gallagher, Bastille, Celine Dion, Camila Cabello, Tom Odell, Highly Suspect

Other - The Prodigy, Chvrches, Of Monsters & Men, Christine & the Queens, Deftones, Frank Truner, The Joy Formidable, Marmozets, Amber Arcades

WH - Janelle Monae, Khalid, Silk City, Blood Orange, Chromatics

John Peel - Blossoms, James Bay, Modest Mouse, Courtney Barnett, Anne-Marie, Car Seat Headrest, The Twilight Sad

The Park - Beach House, Father John Misty, Seasick Steve, Aurora, Oh Sees, Allvays, Big Thief

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 01seb said:

Friday:

Pyramid - Madonna, The 1975, Slash, Lily Allen, Clean Bandit, Jungle, Ezra Furman 

Other - Tame Impala, Elbow, Catfish & the Bottlemen, Interpol, Everything Everything, Michael Kiwanuka, White Denim, James, Bloc Party (secret opening set)

John Peel - Young Fathers, Editors, The Wombats, John Grant, Metric, Deaf Havana, Tom Grennan, Hudson Taylor

The Park - My Bloody Valentine, SBTRKT, Mac Demarco, Brockhampton, Mitski, Lewis Capaldi, Camemphat 

Saturday

Pyramid - Arctic Monkeys, Snow Patrol, Lenny Kravtiz, Tenacious D, Years & Years, St Paul & the Broken Bones, Vintage Trouble

Other - Childish Gambino, Vampire Weekend, Jess Glynne, Suede, Franz Ferdinand, Jack Garrett, The Lemon Twigs, Idles

John Peel - You Me at Six, Death Cab for Cutie, Kodaline, MO, Jorja Smith, Mystery Jets, Bear's Den, Amy Shark

The Park - Public Service Broadcasting, The Decemberists, Marina & the Diamonds, Kacey Musgraves, Declan McKenna, Natalie Prass, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever

Sunday:

Pyramid - Paul McCartney, Liam Gallagher, Bastille, Celine Dion, Camila Cabello, Tom Odell, Highly Suspect

Other - The Prodigy, Chvrches, Of Monsters & Men, Christine & the Queens, Deftones, Frank Truner, The Joy Formidable, Marmozets, Amber Arcades

John Peel - Blossoms, James Bay, Modest Mouse, Courtney Barnett, Anne-Marie, Car Seat Headrest, The Twilight Sad

The Park - Beach House, Father John Misty, Seasick Steve, Aurora, Oh Sees, Allvays, Big Thief

Brutal headline clashes there, especially on Friday, but that'd be a great lineup.

Something like this would be an ideal weekend.

Bloc Party > Ezra Furman > Mitski > Interpol > M83 > My Bloody Valentine

The Lemon Twigs > Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever > Franz Ferdinand > Confidence Man > Vampire Weekend > Childish Gambino

The Twilight Sad > Car Seat Headrest > Deftones > Blood Orange > Paul McCartney (or FJM > Janelle Monae)

6 hours ago, 01seb said:

Friday:

Saturday

Sunday:

Sunday clashes Jesus! Macca, The Prodigy and Janelle, in my head The Prodigy win that but at that moment Macca on the Pyramid stage probably will. I can see Janelle doing that slot but I'd rather her further down on the Pyramid for clashes reasons.