Lineup 2020

randlfan

25 minutes ago, gfa said:

One missing act from the Teenage Cancer Trust announcement - interested who it might be as I can't think of anyone witholding dates currently, Strokes maybe (from NOS?) but highly doubt they would do Teenage Cancer Trust.

I think it might be Muse, Matt Bellamy said in an interview yesterday there was a possible gig at the RAH

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

I think it might be Muse, Matt Bellamy said in an interview yesterday there was a possible gig at the RAH

Oh that would be awesome - how much are these kind of gigs normally?

3 minutes ago, Boba73 said:

So, is MCR still ruled out now that their MK show two months before and nowhere near Reading or Leeds has been announced?

Most info that is slowly being confirmed (Coachella aside) suggests that they are in Europe June to July and then back to the states for a US tour. I would say that MCR will not play in 2020.

However it’s not all doom and gloom. It seems that they've made new music. They might be back in 2021 with a new album this time!

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

It's probably their one shot at a show like this tbh, so can't blame them for milking it for all it's worth.

Yeah they won’t sell shows this bit when the reunion hype wears off. I do think though they have a stronger case to headline festivals again after they’ve released a new record.

I wonder if that is why they backed out of Coachella. Maybe they felt like they were underselling themselves by taking below headline slots?

I think their fan base has grown since they broke up. Still extremely popular with late teens to early 20s who wouldn't have been going when they were last touring and us that were going when they were last active still listen to them now (and would give anything to see them again)

1 minute ago, a6l6e6x said:

I think their fan base has grown since they broke up. Still extremely popular with late teens to early 20s who wouldn't have been going when they were last touring and us that were going when they were last active still listen to them now (and would give anything to see them again)

I wouldn't really say 'extremely popular' isn't emo on the downturn anyway - nobody i know really listens to them

Just now, gfa said:

I wouldn't really say 'extremely popular' isn't emo on the downturn anyway - nobody i know really listens to them

Hmm not sure. I find quite a bit of crossover in fans with the likes of 1975 and Yungblud with MCR. Definitely seems to be a spike in emo culture on the likes of twitter

Also seeing a lot of rock/emo based club nights popping up recently where MCR always make a very welcome appearance from the DJ

Just now, TheWaters said:

2 unique sets in 2 nights by one of my fave bands of all time ?? Yes please. Shame it’s slap bang in the middle of my exams ffs.

Monday and Tuesday as well isn't it? May try and make one as luckily the train isn't too far.

Would still much prefer a Friday and Saturday though (of course).

3 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

Monday and Tuesday as well isn't it? May try and make one as luckily the train isn't too far.

Would still much prefer a Friday and Saturday though (of course).

Yep, and I have an exam on the Monday and Thursday that week ffs. I’m in the Midlands too so it’s a bit of a trek. Gutted. Hopefully they pop up at Glasto, need to see them.

We need to stop using twitter as a benchmark for wider culture :P MCR have a strong following but it is still very much a cult following. Them being able to sell out a large venue at £90 tickets is not a long term thing. After a new album they will have a strong case to headline reading again but I wouldn’t go as far to say that they’ve now become bigger than they were at their peak because they’ve been away for a few years.

Their fanbase are very loud on social media but I don’t think there are as many of them as it may seem. In 2011 their headline set had quite a small crowd. I was there.

Edited by Matt42