finn_with_1_n

All Points East Festival 2018

Had an ace day yesterday, the sound was incredible as has been said. Chromeo and LCD were the highlight - how much of a moment was Someone Great, oh my god - but nobody disappointed. The crowd were shite, why you’d pay £70 to yabber through the headliner with your back to the stage I’ll never understand - but I guess you expect that in London, and there were a pleasing number of people there considering there was nobody particularly mainstream on the bill. I know it wasn’t full to capacity but it felt like the right number of attendees for the size of the site, definitely.

Saw Hookworms, Yonaka, Glass Animals, Phoenix and LCD Soundsystem. Absolutely cracking day out. The IPA was a corker, although I'm paying for it now. 

Yes kinda blown away by how good the actual festival was; considering that a lot of the organisation regarding times and tickets going into seemed a bit poor, they had their logistics sorted in there. Was saying afterwards how much it felt like Glastonbury in terms of clientele, atmosphere (a lot less lit of course) and the stages were visibly reminiscent too. Looking forward to seeing what they can offer next year.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Mash011 said:

Fantastic day and a really great launch for this festival. Standards seemed to be very high across the board and none of the bands disappointed. Drinks prices are decent too if you go to the right bars, main stage ones had pints of strongbow for 5.20 as I think did North stage. 

One point of confusion - when are bands playing tomorrow? The board inside the arena has a different set of times to those on the app. 

Screenshot_20180526-030933.thumb.png.28ea3b9a43fd171a5ef48152239c0f7b.png

The board is wrong, her just did their set which matched app times/LCD screen outside tent, very confusing 

Anyone got room for one more? My original plan was to go with my ex but we kinda fell out big time so now I'm here on my own 

Edited by Gilgamesh69

Can't decide between Lykke Li and Soulwax. Who do you think will have the most "fun" set?

Edited by Gilgamesh69

At the festival and I can’t fault it.

Organisers have played a blinder. Some of the best aspects of Field Day yet better overall.

Just now, Gilgamesh69 said:

Can't decide between Lykke Li and Soulwax. Who do you think will have the most "fun" set?

Soulwax for “fun” (though I like LL).

Also not the day to be indoors.

Really great day yesterday, fantastic sound even way back on the main stage and atmosphere was great too. The dogs must be pretty shite...

Queues were fairly normal (although 40 mins for a burger was verging on a piss take, one poor lassie grilling as fast as she could, whilst the owner looking fella played tambourine...hipster slow food I guess...but they JUST about got away with it as the burger was pretty damn good and at least I could dance to the YYYs whilst I waited)

I am a bit confused on what exactly the VIP got you though? As far as I could see everyone went in the same entrance and I never saw a VIP area at all :/ Glad I resisted...

Felt fairly full in the end, was worried it was going to be half empty (although there was a very large amount of "guests"). It did seem like a big well organised festival, but without as many acts as it should have done. The line up yesterday was incredible though, YF, GA, YYYs + LCD was a dream. 

I am absolutely destroyed today though.

There was a separate entrance queue to the right of the one most people went through, we assumed it was for O2/Barclaycard customers or something but guess it must have been for the VIPs. Did love the crowd booing the VIP section during LCD.

I'm going next Saturday with my wife for the National/WOD/Future Islands but haven't booked tickets yet. Saw a pair going for £70 on Gumtree but reckon I can get them cheaper than that. Only problem is we're away from Monday to Friday so don't think I'll be able to sort anything out online now.

Just wondering if anyone who's been there this weekend saw people selling tickets outside? We've got travel sorted so plan is to head to London and hang out in the park beforehand (have a few beers, food etc) and see if I can pick up a couple of tickets? Really pleased to hear the general set up and sound are getting positive reviews as those factors can easily ruin festivals like this.

1 hour ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

There was a separate entrance queue to the right of the one most people went through, we assumed it was for O2/Barclaycard customers or something but guess it must have been for the VIPs. Did love the crowd booing the VIP section during LCD.

You'd think so, but It wasn't.. :/ It's the queue I went through (didn't realise it was a lot shorter until I was already queuing), but it was just a normal GA (or if it was VIP it was not being enforced at all). I couldn't see any other entrances, it probably was meant to be VIP but somewhere along the way the message didn't get passed on to the staff... unless it was being enforced then they opened it to alleviate the other queue. 

Didn't see anyone selling tickets outside either.

• Upvote 1

Ready for friday, did anybody see people under 18 alone being turned away? I was considering going Friday too but didn't want to stick it out alone as it may of been hard to get in (i'm 16) but we're planning on Friday to find some adults to go in with and split off of course (or stay if they are cool!) I think a lot of people in Friday will be without people over 18 so any tips would be excellent.

Soulwax and Justice were so much fucking fun. That is worth what I paid for my ticket. Caught the end of Lorde doing green light after too

Is the ground ok there?

I am assuming it's absolutely lashing it down at the park at the moment as it is where I am and I'm relatively close, but I'm hoping it started as people had either left or had already left so the ground may dry out before tomorrow.

The met office currently has tomorrow as completely fine with no rain...the BBC says otherwise but I've found them to be quite unreliable in the past.

3 minutes ago, Sean1234321 said:

Is the ground ok there?

I am assuming it's absolutely lashing it down at the park at the moment as it is where I am and I'm relatively close, but I'm hoping it started as people had either left or had already left so the ground may dry out before tomorrow.

The met office currently has tomorrow as completely fine with no rain...the BBC says otherwise but I've found them to be quite unreliable in the past.

I looked on the met office half an hour ago and they said lots of rain.

are you sure?

Had a blast today,  Soulwax and Lorde were both great fun in the sunshine.  Went to my favourite Indian restaurant too :)

On to a potentially very damp Slam Dunk south tomorrow!

14 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

I know there’s a separate disabled lane, was it that one you’re talking about? I’ve got a friend going in a wheelchair who said he got told they have that. 

Last day blues, what a top fest! It’s the lineup Latittude should have had.

patty n bun and the bao places are unreal food! And £5 for potana (sp?) fries is good value 

Just now, Field Commander Jefferson said:

Reading on twitter that there are £3 ticket links being emailed out for today, does anybody have details of this?

I got sent a pair on showfimfirst yesterday for £3 each. All gone I fear.