FloorFiller

Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

16 hours ago, James96 said:

Regarding the beach house gigs, what's Troxy like in London? I'll be in Bristol then, just wondering how much of a ball ache it is to get there.

When I went went to Troxy, I thought it was fantastic. The balcony is quite low, so if you're far back in the stalls the view can be a bit impaired. But it's an ace venue if the artists have projection/visuals. The first three or four rows on the balcony are all set up with greasy spoon style tables which really works if you want a good view and your with a group.

its a good size at 2700 (iirc) capacity and one of londons finest fully independent venues. 

I like Troxy a lot, but the very front pit is quite small so can get a bit crushed, and if you are at the back of the standing area the view is very impaired due to the balcony. I like to get there early and stand on the barrier just behind the pit. Location is great for me as it's on my C2C line, but probably a bit awkward for anyone that doesn't live East.

2 hours ago, James96 said:

London show came to 33 quid with fees and stuff.

Think the Manchester show is slightly cheaper.

22 quid in Manchester on DICE 

5 hours ago, Mash011 said:

Really fancying some Arcade Fire next month but dunno if I can fork over for a new ticket and those T&C's have me nervous. Thoughts on how serious Wembley are going to be with ID restrictions?

Same here. I didn't realise they'd made a big deal about the ID until I saw your post. Was hoping for some less than face value close to the date or maybe tout outside.

I don't think my tickets have my name on - I'll check when I'm home (they got sent months ago which is annoying because i've lost them at least three times already) 

Fuck's sake I can't make it but that'd be a great gig. Cheers Doc. 

43 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Free Andy Paak gig on Tuesday.

Oh fuck I could actually get to this but I don't even think I can afford travel to London rn ffs.

Edit: Okay I can get a return coach for a tenner am defo trying for this.

Edited by Gucci Piggy

Ah no my AF tickets have 'Matt Davies' and 'booker must show ID' plastered across them in huge writing. Soz. 

5 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Ah no my AF tickets have 'Matt Davies' and 'booker must show ID' plastered across them in huge writing. Soz. 

Wondering when ticket buyers are going to start making a fuss about anti-consumer shit like this. Prices skyrocketing and now you're also losing your right to pass them on. Not good is it. 

2 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Wondering when ticket buyers are going to start making a fuss about anti-consumer shit like this. Prices skyrocketing and now you're also losing your right to pass them on. Not good is it. 

Not perfect but better than touts having a free for all 

6 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Not perfect but better than touts having a free for all 

Were these gigs ever ones that were going to be instant sell outs? I get it on intimate or high demand gigs but in cases like this the only people benefiting are the ticket companies. 

1 hour ago, Mash011 said:

Yeah I agree, it's a bit of a pain in the arse and not very consumer friendly. My mate bought my tickets for The Streets as I'm in work and they've got his name on, not sure if Brixton Academy does ID checks. Anyone know?

On this Andy Paak thing, what do yous reckon would happen if I got someone to try for me and we both ended up getting a pair of tix in my name?

Presumably there'll be a booking fee so maybe the 2nd attempt with the same card would be blocked/cancelled?

Dont wanna end up getting 2 pairs and then both getting cancelled or something.

18 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

On this Andy Paak thing, what do yous reckon would happen if I got someone to try for me and we both ended up getting a pair of tix in my name?

Presumably there'll be a booking fee so maybe the 2nd attempt with the same card would be blocked/cancelled?

Dont wanna end up getting 2 pairs and then both getting cancelled or something.

A booking fee on a free gig seems unlikely to me so hopefully you won't have to use a card... I think you'd probably be ok even if you did end up double booking in your name if you got in touch and explained what happened and asked them to cancel one. But yeah you don't wanna go to London unless you know for sure you're getting in.

Is it not possible for one of you and your friend to try in your name, and the other of you try to get a pair in the name of whoever you're going with?

Or phone up your mate as you're both trying to get tickets so you can hear how the other is getting on and not end up booking twice? Probably no good if one of you is in work though.

21 minutes ago, Odessa said:

A booking fee on a free gig seems unlikely to me so hopefully you won't have to use a card... I think you'd probably be ok even if you did end up double booking in your name if you got in touch and explained what happened and asked them to cancel one. But yeah you don't wanna go to London unless you know for sure you're getting in.

Is it not possible for one of you and your friend to try in your name, and the other of you try to get a pair in the name of whoever you're going with?

Or phone up your mate as you're both trying to get tickets so you can hear how the other is getting on and not end up booking twice? Probably no good if one of you is in work though.

Only thought that about the booking fee because I had to pay them for Big Weekend which is obvs free.

Ah I dunno who I'm even going with yet if I get tix, asked a friend who can't go but was happy to try for me in the morning anyway. Good shout on the phone thing though, I'll probs do that, not sure how I didn't think of it haha.

Edit: Think Big Weekend was paper tix actually so cost was probs to cover that.

Edited by Gucci Piggy

6 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Only thought that about the booking fee because I had to pay them for Big Weekend which is obvs free.

Ah I dunno who I'm even going with yet if I get tix, asked a friend who can't go but was happy to try for me in the morning anyway. Good shout on the phone thing though, I'll probs do that, not sure how I didn't think of it haha.

Nice, good luck. I'd be looking at megabuses myself but ATDI are here that night. I think you'll get tickets easily enough tbh; it's not like he's that big a deal and it's a very short time between the gig being announced and tickets becoming available so a lot of people probably won't have heard about it.

1 minute ago, Odessa said:

Nice, good luck. I'd be looking at megabuses myself but ATDI are here that night. I think you'll get tickets easily enough tbh; it's not like he's that big a deal and it's a very short time between the gig being announced and tickets becoming available so a lot of people probably won't have heard about it.

Yeah that's true actually, it's not like Anderson .Paak in Brixton is someone playing a weirdly small gig for their size and most people who have jobs and don't live in London won't be able to go at such short notice. Hopefully be fine, it's just the fact it's free really.

George Ezra announces Wembley Arena for November. Not checked to see how his current run of dates are looking but know that aside from an academy tour, he's got a few Forestry gigs and one-offs over the summer. Be interested to see how close he gets to selling this one out if a big hit doesn't show from the new record.

Got .Paak tix well easy. Seconds before they went on sale I had to leg it to the bathroom to throw up and I got them on my phone with my head in the toilet. Can't wait.

Edited by Gucci Piggy

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Got .Paak tix well early. Seconds before they went on sale I had to leg it to the bathroom to throw up and I got them on my phone with my head in the toilet. Can't wait.

Dedication to the craft sir, I salute you. And get well soon too.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Dedication to the craft sir, I salute you. And get well soon too.

Thank you my boy.

• Upvote 1

Got my Paak tickets too. 

Saw in the T&C that the Yondr thing is in place. Where you must surrender your phone on entry. How does that work?

sounds like a logistical nightmare. Like a cloakroom where everyone's jacket looks the same.