Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

1 hour ago, JayDiesel said:

Cries in Wales 😞

Agree. I feel like the new Swansea Arena would be the perfect size for a tour like this?

And would be far enough from Wolves/London.

Edited by beau1

3 hours ago, chickenfire said:

Tour announced now:

IMG_6153.thumb.jpeg.e54fb08e0f6a4bf88fa6c601be7c0223.jpeg

interesting they are doing both the eventim apollo and o2 brixton (both on sh*t days!)

1 minute ago, gfa said:

interesting they are doing both the eventim apollo and o2 brixton (both on sh*t days!)

Manchester and Glasgow being on Sunday nights is also odd. Strange tour all round with some big geographic gaps, venue sizes and the dates. 
Another perfect advert for a gig venue in central Scotland in-between Academy and Hydro size. 

• Like 1

Seen a couple of early to mid-noughties favourites add shows at a local grassroots venue but tickets are over £30. I understand (and support the fact) that bands need paying but is this now the going rate for small local venues?

11 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

Seen a couple of early to mid-noughties favourites add shows at a local grassroots venue but tickets are over £30. I understand (and support the fact) that bands need paying but is this now the going rate for small local venues?

I'd suspect the increase is at least partially driven by venue costs, wages and energy? 

Inflation has taken a toll on everything

15 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

If the band is playing a venue below its normal level, they probably will have cut their fee some to make the gig viable for them and for the promoter to be able to make it happen.  

20 hours ago, chickenfire said:

Manchester and Glasgow being on Sunday nights is also odd. Strange tour all round with some big geographic gaps, venue sizes and the dates. 
Another perfect advert for a gig venue in central Scotland in-between Academy and Hydro size. 

Presale is on Wednesday 3rd April for OVO customers.  Good for the hydro lounge and no queuing to get  in the venue. Always get our tickets that way. 

On 3/28/2024 at 3:55 PM, beau1 said:

Agree. I feel like the new Swansea Arena would be the perfect size for a tour like this?

And would be far enough from Wolves/London.

As someone that lives in Swansea (until very very very recently at least), I'd be amazed just to see the Arena book something relevant to anyone that isn't a Mum under the age of 55. Absolute waste of space

50 minutes ago, JayDiesel said:

As someone that lives in Swansea (until very very very recently at least), I'd be amazed just to see the Arena book something relevant to anyone that isn't a Mum under the age of 55. Absolute waste of space

Haha, yeah. For concerts it feels like a total waste of potential. So many small arena/large theatre/apollo size bands could play it, but promotors seem to avoiding it. I've been to three shows there; one comedian, the snooker shootout and the other was Zimmer vs. Williams. All very good and versitile in terms of the space, but shows that music seems to be low on the agenda.

Most of the upcoming gigs for the the next year are simply embarrassing!

I still think it should have been built outside of the City Centre - possibly by Felindre and made to be around 10k so large artists could play it & The CIA. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, beau1 said:

Haha, yeah. For concerts it feels like a total waste of potential. So many small arena/large theatre/apollo size bands could play it, but promotors seem to avoiding it. I've been to three shows there; one comedian, the snooker shootout and the other was Zimmer vs. Williams. All very good and versitile in terms of the space, but shows that music seems to be low on the agenda.

I still think it should have been built outside of the City Centre - possibly by Felindre and made to be around 10k so large artists could play it & The CIA. 

Hopefully it'll only be a few more years before the new Cardiff arena opens and provides a venue sizable enough for tours like VW.

10 hours ago, beau1 said:

Agree on it all. I wish people from outside of the Swans area were as invested in the venue's madness as I am, it's mind-boggling. Swansea has had so little development for decades, so we finally get this new shiny arena which is useless. Not big enough to attract anyone of note, and not small enough to offer an 'intimate' experience for artists.

I wish they just reduced the seating too, if it was halved, you'd offer another 2,000 or so standing spaces, which is then big enough for CIA level acts. Ahghh!

If it helps, I know someone fairly high up in the Arena, and he has shared similar grievances on the current booking set-up. Told me that Idles were originally scheduled to play, but opted for Cardiff Castle when a space became free instead. That would have been fun

19 minutes ago, JRhys29 said:

Hopefully it'll only be a few more years before the new Cardiff arena opens and provides a venue sizable enough for tours like VW.

Tbf, the existing Cardiff Arena is fine for that already. It's the smallest 'Main Arena' in the UK, think it's only 6,000 or so, but it does still attract most major bands - Paramore, 1975, Florence - but would still like that Bay venue to open

On 3/28/2024 at 4:30 PM, chickenfire said:

Nothing at all in the South West has really wound me up - going to have to go to Wolverhampton which isn't a sentence I like to write

Considered flying to Amsterdam but could quite justify

1 minute ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

No luck yet, O2 priority queue has been paused for ten minutes now and my wife’s app is crashing. 

im in but now debating the £51 price tag ...do i like them enough! 

Just now, Kaboom Boxer said:

No luck yet, O2 priority queue has been paused for ten minutes now and my wife’s app is crashing. 

Which venue are you trying for? I have access to the Eventim Apollo presale if needed? Gets straight in as its via Eventim. Tix secured for VW and Twenty One Pilots this morning. I've had cheaper Wednesdays

Just now, finn_with_1_n said:

Which venue are you trying for? I have access to the Eventim Apollo presale if needed? Gets straight in as its via Eventim. Tix secured for VW and Twenty One Pilots this morning. I've had cheaper Wednesdays

Manchester Apollo. Thank you for the offer though. 

• Like 1