Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

12 hours ago, charlierc said:

Are people in London out-earning the rest of the country that much to justify that? Or is it just that the O2 is a lot more expensive to hire?

Not sure about £20, its usually only a fiver more

Keane fans probably buying above average amounts of alcohol etc too there (old and therefore wealthier)

51 minutes ago, gfa said:

Not sure about £20, its usually only a fiver more

Keane fans probably buying above average amounts of alcohol etc too there (old and therefore wealthier)

That's a very generic point of view to make?, i bet there are more people in London than anymore that live pay packet to pay packet and cannot afford the luxury of this. Older people isn't a standard for richer.

I managed to get the £47 tickets for Keane at Co-op. That album has sentimental for our family as we had it on repeat every Summer we went to Cornwall, so we're all going which is a rarity. Plus Keane have some great singles. Plus I get to go to the new arena. Plus I get to see The Lathums. Tickets For Christine and the Queens at Manchester Academy were more expensive, so I really don't see the issue.

Keane might not be for some people, but to claim a price is wrong just because you personally don't like the band is obtuse. £47 a seat in a new arena for an anniversary tour of a very popular British band (look how many number 1 albums they've had), and an up-and-coming future festival headliner is great value for money in this day and age.

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Gejonimo said:

I managed to get the £47 tickets for Keane at Co-op. That album has sentimental for our family as we had it on repeat every Summer we went to Cornwall, so we're all going which is a rarity. Plus Keane have some great singles. Plus I get to go to the new arena. Plus I get to see The Lathums. Tickets For Christine and the Queens at Manchester Academy were more expensive, so I really don't see the issue.

Keane might not be for some people, but to claim a price is wrong just because you personally don't like the band is obtuse. £47 a seat in a new arena for an anniversary tour of a very popular British band (look how many number 1 albums they've had), and an up-and-coming future festival headliner is great value for money in this day and age.

This is lovely and something we all ignore when having a go at bookings and bands - the stories and sentimental value of certain songs/albums. Hope you all have a good time.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gejonimo said:

Not sure about this last bit lol, the band is almost 30 years old!

28 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

this is indeed a Tour Announcement and Upcoming Gig

IMG_8476.jpeg

Its tour announcements not terf announcements mate 👍

14 minutes ago, Gejonimo said:

I was talking about The Lathums! That being said, have Keane ever headlined a festival, regardless of size? Can fully see them headlining Kendal Calling or Beautiful Days or something like that next year.

Very possible, very Beautiful Days, extremely boring

1 hour ago, Gejonimo said:

I was talking about The Lathums! That being said, have Keane ever headlined a festival, regardless of size? Can fully see them headlining Kendal Calling or Beautiful Days or something like that next year.

Only a couple in the UK - Cornbury (twice), Wireless 2005 - and they were due to do a few Euro fests in 2020 (and would have been co-headlining Latitude 2020 before the Chems closing show after dark).

2 hours ago, Gejonimo said:

ahh i see 🙂

1 hour ago, Drinky said:

Only a couple in the UK - Cornbury (twice), Wireless 2005 - and they were due to do a few Euro fests in 2020 (and would have been co-headlining Latitude 2020 before the Chems closing show after dark).

weird they were even booked as a cohead for chems, they are miles bigger than them

24 minutes ago, gfa said:

ahh i see 🙂

weird they were even booked as a cohead for chems, they are miles bigger than them

I think saying "coheadliner" is just a way of expressing what Latitude has tried to do a couple times recently - ie getting a Dance act to close out the stage after the main headliner plays.

1 hour ago, gfa said:

ahh i see 🙂

I don't think they were co-headliners, they were only subbing their main stage - saying that as the festival was cancelled that year for obvious reasons I'll be stunned if they don't pipe up at a few other festivals next year too