Jne___

What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Yesterday I drew a plan of my festival outfit and discussed how to go about creating it with my girlfriend who has kindly agreed to take up the task as I am not good at sewing! Trip to the arts and crafts shop planned for next Sunday to source material :)

After spending a weekend in London we picked a car at Gatwick yesterday and drove  down to a camping show as Camping world in Horsham .... loads of tents to look around. The service there was incredible and I was so impressed. Anyway tnet purchased and know what bed/inflatable mattress I want, and just have to save up some more pennies for them :-)

Excited for the tent now to arrive this week :-)

1 hour ago, The Clearest Blue said:

Have you tired this? Is it any good?

Not yet and at £4.33 a bottle i'm not expecting too much, but i'm sure it will be very quaffable

On 3/8/2019 at 4:30 PM, crazyfool1 said:

what's your plans for it ? 

sparkle and maybe some fairy lights

4 hours ago, The Clearest Blue said:

Yesterday I drew a plan of my festival outfit and discussed how to go about creating it with my girlfriend who has kindly agreed to take up the task as I am not good at sewing! Trip to the arts and crafts shop planned for next Sunday to source material :)

40 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

sparkle and maybe some fairy lights

dont forget to post phots of the finished articles :) 

Don’t know if I am alone in doing this but every month or so I check the see ticket tracker to ensure my order is still OK!  Obsessive, insecure, paranoid or just totally in love with the glastonbury experience? 

6 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Obsessive, insecure, paranoid or just totally in love with the glastonbury experience? 

These things are in no way mutually exclusive.

• Upvote 2

Feel a bit panicky reading this thread. Haven’t really done any actual planning yet, just obsessively read this forum. 

Do I need to start wearing my wellies round the house soon? 

12 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Won £130 on Cheltenham races... time to purchase the tent I've had my eye on 😁

yay yay - what tent are you looking at. New tents are v exciting

Our new tent should arrive in the next few days, very excited to try her out :-)

13 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

yay yay - what tent are you looking at. New tents are v exciting

Our new tent should arrive in the next few days, very excited to try her out 🙂

It is very exciting! It's the only thing I really need to buy this year really, boots in excellent condition and sleeping bag/bed etc. Looking at this for me and my brother. Crucial ground sheet which folds up at the entrance!

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/arpenaz-family-42-id_8378238.html?_cclid=v3_01fe9e9a-32c1-52ba-bb83-ef31b2e12822&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIl6bouZv33QIVic13Ch1DWAIZEAQYASABEgIWcvD_BwE

19 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

It is very exciting! It's the only thing I really need to buy this year really, boots in excellent condition and sleeping bag/bed etc. Looking at this for me and my brother. Crucial ground sheet which folds up at the entrance!

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/arpenaz-family-42-id_8378238.html?_cclid=v3_01fe9e9a-32c1-52ba-bb83-ef31b2e12822&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIl6bouZv33QIVic13Ch1DWAIZEAQYASABEgIWcvD_BwE

wow brilliant price as well :-)

We need tent and beds - have sleeping bag and a trolley but havemt; camped for 10 years (always taken a van) and we need to spend longer than a week in it this year (working for the two weeks pre festival) so tent and beds are impirtant to be comforable this year (3.5 weeks living on site :-)

A few more additions to the pyramid stage hat and ribbon tower ... just awaiting a few things to come through the post now and hoping for completion soon .... 

New wellies reduced from Haskins  ( so guaranteed sunshine). 

Also bought a new sleeping bag - so after 16 Glastonbury’s ( 1997 to 2017) and 3 Latitudes my old one is retiring! I never did like the mummy shape so have gone for a square end this time😀

my festival list consists of stuff being piled in my living room about a month before .... Im not one for lists but the one above is certainly thorough I would say :) .... ive been waiting for 2 items to complete my fancy dress for the year and they haven't turned up ... fortunately I started preparing shortly after the last festival so still have plenty of time ... the companys are going to resend them :) 

Got my exercise bike working. Well I say working I have got my fat arse on it. I had a stroke a number of years back and really struggle walking distances (and I weigh 20 odd stone) so really trying to feel the burn in time for June.

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

my festival list consists of stuff being piled in my living room about a month before .... Im not one for lists but the one above is certainly thorough I would say :) .... ive been waiting for 2 items to complete my fancy dress for the year and they haven't turned up ... fortunately I started preparing shortly after the last festival so still have plenty of time ... the companys are going to resend them :) 

My wife likes writing lists, we both like the pub. Perfect afternoon!

Hope your stuff comes soon

1 minute ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

Got my exercise bike working. Well I say working I have got my fat arse on it. I had a stroke a number of years back and really struggle walking distances (and I weigh 20 odd stone) so really trying to feel the burn in time for June.

Good on yer. Started cycling again this week and starting to feel the benefits already

Just now, The Red Telephone said:

My wife likes writing lists, we both like the pub. Perfect afternoon!

Hope your stuff comes soon

I'm expecting it will all arrive now and i will have double of both .... enjoy the pub :) 

15 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

My wife and I have been to the pub and drawn up our official planning guide for the festival:

1EF10320-372D-4FE2-9964-FFD613530B69.jpeg

E76C6C2F-67BB-4209-85DF-F33CABBDA23E.jpeg

43CDBA16-8B62-44B3-B5A0-DC0BC3DD509B.jpeg

8F15CFA8-6E61-48BD-B86E-891B3F1052E2.jpeg

F8E76420-4F72-483D-997E-90EFB7B72A50.jpeg

E7E4C5BE-5FA2-417E-A9F1-62F14BC7EF5D.jpeg

You've forgotten pyjamas or something to wear in bed to keep warm at night - why did I just read all your lists :-) , and who is crocodile the dentist ?

8 minutes ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

Go for it, every pound will make a difference to how yoou feel at the festival - good luck

41 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

My wife and I have been to the pub and drawn up our official planning guide for the festival:

E76C6C2F-67BB-4209-85DF-F33CABBDA23E.jpeg

43CDBA16-8B62-44B3-B5A0-DC0BC3DD509B.jpeg

8F15CFA8-6E61-48BD-B86E-891B3F1052E2.jpeg

F8E76420-4F72-483D-997E-90EFB7B72A50.jpeg

Bungee cords can be a mare. Ratchet straps or industrial cling film work well.