Football 17/18

TheGayTent

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

my angle has milage whatever. He would have got similar abuse just because he's ex-Utd, and a dick.

But I'm not pretending what it was. Singing Suarez's name rather gave it away. 

Fairly disgraceful alright but ho hum, no surprise there. 

I was surprised at Utd and Lukaku particularly yesterday. Excellent 2nd half even if Chelsea were fairly poor in the 2nd half. Was actually quite comfortable in the end.

11 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

yeah. He scored a goal against a decent team.

I was more surprised at Utd's best players recently clearly having been told to play shit, obviously because they've been showing up players that Jose had bought.

Ha. Nah Lukaku, Pogba, Matic were great yesterday. 

After briefly looking good during the week, Conte is in big trouble now. City on Sunday away, then Palace and then Barca away. Eeek. 

A wee mention for the first team to hit 100 goals this season :) (  it`s not Man City )

The last Ayr side who managed it in 1988 was probably my favourite football season. Ally had us playing some great football back then. Current lot are great going forward but well dodgy at the back. Been a cracking seasons entertainment so far.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/43191989

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

A wee mention for the first team to hit 100 goals this season :) (  it`s not Man City )

The last Ayr side who managed it in 1988 was probably my favourite football season. Ally had us playing some great football back then. Current lot are great going forward but well dodgy at the back. Been a cracking seasons entertainment so far.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/43191989

Well done to the honest men.

8 hours ago, Wooderson said:

There were a few boos and chants for Suarez. No “monkey chants” as has been reported. Makes the club look small time but some of the reportage has been nonsense.

Suarez to this day denies he abused Pat Evra, for the record.

Wouldn’t be the first time Liverpool fans have directed ‘monkey chants’ at evra since the Suarez incident , so wouldn’t surprise me. 

8 hours ago, Wooderson said:

There were a few boos and chants for Suarez. No “monkey chants” as has been reported. Makes the club look small time but some of the reportage has been nonsense.

Suarez to this day denies he abused Pat Evra, for the record.

wasnt his defence that he said it but that it wasnt racist in his culture?

We will never know of course, but the ruling was made on it. And it was years ago, so still having a go at Evra over it is pretty crappy.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

as I said, they'd still be having a go at him anyway, because he's Patrice Evra.

The Suarez thing is just a bit of flavour on the side, really. Another way (in the minds of morons) to give him the bird.

Giving him abuse because of the Utd/Liverpool link is fair game.

Lets be honest Liverpool fans will always think Suarez the innocent victim. 

1 hour ago, thetime said:

Giving him abuse because of the Utd/Liverpool link is fair game.

but it's now impossible to separate the two. If he gets abuse, some will always say it's because of Suarez - and while they'd be right to an extent, that's not all of it.

1 hour ago, thetime said:

Lets be honest Liverpool fans will always think Suarez the innocent victim. 

some certainly will, but for others Suarez is just a way of goading Evra.

I really wish they wouldn't do it because of everything it infers, but it's still a stretch to say they're doing it because they believe Suarez innocent or to indicate their racism towards Erva.

2 hours ago, thetime said:

Wouldn’t be the first time Liverpool fans have directed ‘monkey chants’ at evra since the Suarez incident , so wouldn’t surprise me. 

Isolated scum that got bans. Maybe two idiots?

Your fans have been castigated for racist chanting by half the ground a couple times in recent months.