Football 17/18

TheGayTent

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Would you?

I hope in the position I would make a stand and maybe join another club. I like Man City fans and their football but I do feel that they get a very easy ride in terms of the people who are bankrolling them. The likes of the Glazers and Stan Kroenke get vilified far more, despite having a fraction of the baggage from a human rights perspective.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

while he doesn't much care about them in the country he's from, just in one part of it. :P

I believe that's the only part where democratically elected politicians have been jailed.

2 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I hope in the position I would make a stand and maybe join another club. I like Man City fans and their football but I do feel that they get a very easy ride in terms of the people who are bankrolling them. The likes of the Glazers and Stan Kroenke get vilified far more, despite having a fraction of the baggage from a human rights perspective.

I think that's because most football fans only pay attention to how owners behave within football.

2 hours ago, kaosmark2 said:

I think that's because most football fans only pay attention to how owners behave within football.

I agree, but the media are just as bad as the fans. You may get the odd article in the guardian about the city owners, but it's pretty rare.

I just find it a bit mad that making a profit is seen as worse than torture and human rights abuse amongst the football community.

1 minute ago, pink_triangle said:

I agree, but the media are just as bad as the fans. You may get the odd article in the guardian about the city owners, but it's pretty rare.

I just find it a bit mad that making a profit is seen as worse than torture and human rights abuse amongst the football community.

Mike Ashley is the papers' favourite owner hate figure.

Human rights abuser, tax avoider, or gangsters - they're no problem. 

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Mike Ashley is the papers' favourite owner hate figure.

Human rights abuser, tax avoider, or gangsters - they're no problem. 

He is the first business owner to be brought before parliament for poor working conditions in decades.

But yeah, compared to the UAE regime he's done nothing.

10 hours ago, kaosmark2 said:

He is the first business owner to be brought before parliament for poor working conditions in decades.

he's the only one with a low-rent business (or a business at all in the UK) where that might happen. And he's the first in decades quite possibly because of his high profile due to football.

Not trying to excuse him, I'm pointing out the different treatment compared to other owners, and some of the why.

6 hours ago, zahidf said:

Wenger should go. If top 4 isnt guaranteed, whats the point? 

It won't be guaranteed for a successor either. It's no longer guaranteed for the likes of man utd and Chelsea. I think at the end of the season will be the right time. There will be more options than now, or at the end of last season.