Football 17/18

TheGayTent

3 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

Was very fortunate to get up with us at the 2nd time of asking via the play offs 

He’s had 13 games and we’re no better than under Pulis (that Liverpool cup win looks more and more like an aberration) and judging from the players antics in Barcelona he has no respect or control of the squad. There’s been absolutely nothing to suggest he’s the man to lead us through a gruelling Championship campaign.

I can only assume that he’s still employed because it’ll be cheaper to sack him after relegation is confirmed.

10 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

He’s had 13 games and we’re no better than under Pulis (that Liverpool cup win looks more and more like an aberration) and judging from the players antics in Barcelona he has no respect or control of the squad. There’s been absolutely nothing to suggest he’s the man to lead us through a gruelling Championship campaign.

I can only assume that he’s still employed because it’ll be cheaper to sack him after relegation is confirmed.

Who's being shipped on upon relegation?

Evans no doubt - can't imagine you'll get what was being touted last summer. 

Anyone on unsustainable wages?

11 hours ago, mjsell said:

Our biggest earners will go - Evans as you say will go, as will Chadli (not that he’s contributed this year anyway). Krychowiak and Sturridge are on loan so will sod off and Barry won’t be given a new contract.

Everyone has wage flex down clauses in their contracts so financially we’re not too bad, but if there’s interest in the likes of Rondon, Rodriguez, Gibbs, etc they’re all welcome to sod off.

Yeah only positive from that is that he won't play the next 3 games. We've never really been out of the relegation scap and I haven't a clue how we are in the top half, we'd of already been down in previous seasons. Looking at our remaining home games there seems to be enough there to get to 40 points but with that defence who knows?

Sam will be along now with his usual "the players don't understand what I tell them" speech to exonerate himself.

Edited by lost

15 hours ago, mjsell said:

Evans has a £3m release clause if (when) they get relegated, so they're defo not getting what was touted last Summer.

As sad as it is, I'd probably take Evans at Arsenal currently. Thats where we are at now.

I can't stand Mustafi and Koscielny is on a rapid decline - and with Chambers and Holding not making the future look very bright, we are in need of someone and I'm not sure we can be too picky currently 

51 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Have heard a few people say that Arsenal need a manager who guarantees top 4. Surely that person doesn't exist.

Who is saying that?

Ian Wright probably. Someone with as much knowledge of football as Dave down the pub. 

All that Arsenal fans want at this point is a manager that feels progressive not regressive. 

6 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Who is saying that?

Ian Wright probably. Someone with as much knowledge of football as Dave down the pub. 

All that Arsenal fans want at this point is a manager that feels progressive not regressive. 

The United guys will tell you it’s not simple. 

Will be a massive change for Arsenal when Wenger does go, in a similar way when fergie went (longevity, leave arsenal rudderless). United still rudderless with no vision, big questions for Arsenal as it could take 5 years to even think about challenging.

Arsenal (and the English Prem) hugely deminished without Wenger. A titan of the modern game. That he’s been struggling to leave his lifetimes work / manage the transition is no surprise. This chat about “ruining a club” is utter nonsense. 

Edited by Wooderson

3 minutes ago, thetime said:

Will be a massive change for Arsenal when Wenger does go, in a similar way when fergie went (longevity, leave arsenal rudderless). United still rudderless with no vision, big questions for Arsenal as it could take 5 years to even think about challenging.

Correct. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, thetime said:

When I first started watching football (late 80s) Liverpool were king. Then they had a few difficult years after Kenny left. For all the analysis maybe this is just cyclical and Arsenal will have a few Mediocre years before they rise again.

30 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Brighton obviously smelled at opportunity here. Came out all guns blazing, 1-0 up after ten mins and a serious threat from every set piece.

2-0 now.

Its not so much the results as much as the terrible performance and complete lack of effort from the players.

I dont see Arsenal progressing under Arsene. Better he leaves in the summer and they get the rebuild over and done with.