Football 17/18

TheGayTent

41 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Sad that they included empty seats in the official attendance.

they've been doing that since the Emirates opened. They count the tickets sold, not the number of people in the ground.

It's hardly a surprise that many didn't make it last night, given the weather, sod all public transport running for anyone that had to come a distance, and advice to not drive.

Edited by eFestivals

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

cos everyone was dead keen to go out last night...?

It says 'the weather', and naff all about anything else.

This would be true if there was nobody in the City end. I didn`t see it so maybe there wasn`t ?

Perhaps Wenger is dead man walking. If the players, fans, directors and opposition know/think this then he should be gone already. Great legacy being tainted now as has been said.

11 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

Perhaps Wenger is dead man walking.

I don't think there's any doubt about that, is there?

I still don't think it's got too much to do with low crowds last night. Some of it, no doubt ... but most people don't spend £50+ to not attend a game - a big game! - as a protest.

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Who next for Arsenal?

If I were an Arsenal fan I’d be calling for Simeone. They need someone who can toughen them up.

I think movement from Arsenal style to Athletico style is too big a change. It's hard to know the best person as world cup performances will impact on who is available.

There wasn't a huge amount of availability of good choices last summer, there will be loads this summer.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

I don't think there's any doubt about that, is there?

I still don't think it's got too much to do with low crowds last night. Some of it, no doubt ... but most people don't spend £50+ to not attend a game - a big game! - as a protest.

Most Arsenal fans not in attendance will have been STHs

Simeone would sort out the defence but going forward you're looking at Mourinho 2.0. Do they not fancy Carlo at all? Also yeah the weather played a part but I imagine many Gooners enjoyed the welcome excuse to not have to watch more dross.

Just seen this too - After 17 games Burnley were 6th. 11 games later without a single win they are 7th... Best league in the world!

Edited by jyoung

1 minute ago, jyoung said:

Simeone would sort out the defense but going forward you're looking at Mourinho 2.0. Do they not fancy Carlo at all? Also yeah the weather played a part but I imagine many Gooners enjoyed the welcome excuse to not have to watch more cross.

Just seen this too - After 17 games Burnley were 6th. 11 games later without a single win they are 7th... Best league in the world!

He’d have a front three of Aubameyang, Ozil and Mkhitaryan. If he could sort the defence and bring some strength in midfield he could create a great counter attacking side.

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

We went 20 matches without a win earlier on the season and were somehow only 3 points off safety.

Pardew in the Champ or start from scratch?

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

there's been 5 names (at least) in the papers in the last few days, with Carlo supposedly keen for the job.

Cos they don't seem to be snapping his arm off, I'm guessing they'd prefer someone younger if there's someone suitable out there.

I know at the end of his days in Munich people seemed a bit off with him but he did well in the Prem with Chelsea and has won trophies everywhere he's been. Perhaps you are right though!