2019 festival

Just now, jamieaslee said:

Makes sense. Who might we see sub The 1975 and Post Malone/ ToP then?

Can defo still see TDCC doing it on one day as they felt the most obvious sub to me all along. Other than that I'm not sure; there's a pretty big selection of acts it could be - Catfish, Chance, Skepta, The Streets, could even just be Blossoms below the co-headliners but I think they'll headline R1.

would people class the streets as a sub or a third down? i always had them down for a sub but i have seen others say differently 

if they could be a third down i could see maybe:

Foo Fighters // Bastille // The Streets // The Distillers 

Edited by dum surfer

Just now, Chaarlie said:

Feel like Royal blood are too big to sub, are Architects too small for a sub slot? Especially if it's under the coheadline?

I wish they'd sub R&L because it would be incredible, but not sure they will - wrong audience these days. If they play, maybe Tent headliner or 4th down. 

So I sent an email to R&L customer service about Day tickets and whether they are going on sale on Friday. I got this back:

"Thank you for your email.

Please be advised that this has not yet been confirmed yet.  Please keep an eye on the website for further updates.

Kind Regards

Customer Service"

WELL THATS FUCKING HELPFUL! So not a clue about day tickets. Really hope they do go on sale Friday so I can secure mine.

4 minutes ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

So I sent an email to R&L customer service about Day tickets and whether they are going on sale on Friday. I got this back:

Please be advised that this has not yet been confirmed yet.  Please keep an eye on the website for further updates.

Kind Regards

Customer Service"

WELL THATS FUCKING HELPFUL! So not a clue about day tickets. Really hope they do go on sale Friday so I can secure mine.

I got this as a part of their email sent out earlier this morning:

Weekend Tickets will return to general sale THIS FRIDAY at 9am, plus for the first time Day Tickets will also be available.

4 minutes ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

Kind Regards

Customer Service"

With a Barclaycard you can already buy day tickets so I would say most likely yes for Friday.

1 hour ago, C14S said:

How? Theyre a posh indie bunch from london, Foos are proper rock stars from Seattle. Literally dont see any similarities besides the dad rock thing - and how many dad rockers are there at reading 

I think who the bands are is irellevant. If you don't like Royal Blood because they're a 'posh indie bunch' then you're inveitabliy going to be wrong

The Streets aren't huge but they are the kind of band whos 'appearance' would draw out like everybody because everybody has heard of them.

A bit like Liam Gallagher 2 years ago. He got sub to Muse on merit by being super well known despite not having much of his own to go on.

The Streets subbing 1975 is a for sure to me.

If they are there.

Assumption:

Friday: The 1975 // The Streets // Catfish & the Bottle Men // Rat Boy

Saturday: Post Malone & Twenty One Pilots // Blossoms // Dave // Two Door Cinema Club

Sunday: Foo Fighters // Tame Impala // Bastille // You Me At Six

And that would make it a pretty amazing 4hrs a day line up on the mainstage 

Edited by Chad888
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

Assumption:

Friday: The 1975 // The Streets // Catfish & the Bottle Men

Saturday: Post Malone & Twenty One Pilots // Blossoms // Dave

Sunday: Foo Fighters // Bastille // Tame Impala

And that would make it a pretty amazing 4hrs a day line up on the mainstage 

No way you'd get Tame Impala 3rd down and the same with Catfish too probably

Edited by MIchael_scarn

Remember that Black Keys were huge back in 2012.

Also the Foos have been subbed by bands who have gone onto bigger things - Muse and KOL.

Even so, Bastille returning to sub so soon after last time is one of the most underwhelming bookings the festival has made. I would much rather they headlined the NME, and had a more exciting act to sub the Foos.

Trying to think where acts on the undercard announcement would be, correct me if I’ve got anything a bit off:

Juice Wrld: 3rd R1

Pale Waves: 6th R1

Camelphat: Dance headliner

Hayley Kiyoko: 7th/8th R1

Bowling For Soup: Pit headline 

Blossoms: 3rd main

Billie Eillish: 3rd R1

Stefflon Don: 1Xtra headline

PVRIS: Pit headline 

Crucast: Dance sub? (Cannot believe we’re getting Darkzy at Reading)

G-Flip: not a fucking clue who is this?? Mid Fr? Early R1??

Bastille: Main sub

The Distillers: Pit headline

Not3s: 1Xtra headline

Sundara Karma: FR headline

Denis Sulta: Dance 3rd/sub

The Amazons: 6th Main

yungblud: 7th R1

34 minutes ago, Radi0Head said:

I think who the bands are is irellevant. If you don't like Royal Blood because they're a 'posh indie bunch' then you're inveitabliy going to be wrong

When did I ever call royal blood a posh indie bunch 

10 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Trying to think where acts on the undercard announcement would be, correct me if I’ve got anything a bit off:

Juice Wrld: 3rd R1

Pale Waves: 6th R1

Camelphat: Dance headliner

Hayley Kiyoko: 7th/8th R1

Bowling For Soup: Pit headline 

Blossoms: 3rd main

Billie Eillish: 3rd R1

Stefflon Don: 1Xtra headline

PVRIS: Pit headline 

Crucast: Dance sub? (Cannot believe we’re getting Darkzy at Reading)

G-Flip: not a fucking clue who is this?? Mid Fr? Early R1??

Bastille: Main sub

The Distillers: Pit headline

Not3s: 1Xtra headline

Sundara Karma: FR headline

Denis Sulta: Dance 3rd/sub

The Amazons: 6th Main

yungblud: 7th R1

Juice WRLD could be 1 higher. Don't think he'll headline R1 though as others have suggested. Pale Waves, Hayley Kiyoko & Yungblud could all be 1 or 2 higher as well I reckon.

I think Blossoms will headline R1, but 3rd main could work. Not sure I see PVRIS headlining the Pit, probably 4th/5th R1. Don't think they'll have The Distillers headlining The Pit against Foos, unless they finish early. I think they're more likely to be 4th/5th main. Sundara Karma probably around 5th main or 2nd/3rd R1, but I guess FR headline isn't impossible.

The rest sound about right. Obviously I know just as much as you, it's a bit of a guessing game just now.