2019 festival

Just now, jamieaslee said:

Assuming Bastille are subbing Foo Fighters, who could possibly sub on the other days?

Tame Impala? Catfish&TheBottlemen? Ian Brown? 

I’m still predicting two door to be one of the subs and maybe someone like Asap Rocky or chance the rapper to be another 

2 minutes ago, Stuielooie said:

According to Rob Kellas' reaction video, Twenty one Pilots were an additional headliner. To begin with it was just the other three. I wonder if it'll just be a glorified FOB under Biffy

Not sure that's right.

I had 21P along with the other two mains, but not Post Malone. 

What i did have tho was the suggestion they were going after a rap act as a further headliner, with Drake having been said at me from another direction.

Just now, The All Round Ball :| said:

I really fucking hope that Bastille are NOT subbing Foos. Please for the love of god let them be on some other stage. 

I’m in the same boat, I’m fucking praying they are headlining radio 1 and we get a decent sub like the streets or something 

2 minutes ago, dum surfer said:

I’m still predicting two door to be one of the subs and maybe someone like Asap Rocky or chance the rapper to be another 

I hope not, TDCC have been there 2 or 3 times recently though I believe? Which probably means they'll be booked again.

A$AP Rocky would be underwhelming after his latest album, so wouldn't surprise me. Maybe Skepta as he backed out last year.

Any idea for 1Xtra headliners? After seeing Post Malone last year I wouldn't mind going elsewhere on the Sunday

1 minute ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

Yeah 100%. Kind of hoping for Good Charlotte to be somewhere on the Foos day. Maybe third down Main Stage? 

2 minutes ago, dum surfer said:

I’m in the same boat, I’m fucking praying they are headlining radio 1 and we get a decent sub like the streets or something 

How nice would it be to see the main stage full of rock music on the Foos day. I'm pretty sure there was a lot of metal/ pop punk on Metallica day a few years ago?

I'm only basing Bastille subbing on what others have said, I wouldn't know if they shared Foos fans though.

The Streets would be great

Just now, The All Round Ball :| said:

Yeah 100%. Kind of hoping for Good Charlotte to be somewhere on the Foos day. Maybe third down Main Stage? 

I reckon theres a chance Good Charlotte will be there, but i had them pegged for about 4th down main so it seems entirely possible

1 minute ago, jamieaslee said:

I hope not, TDCC have been there 2 or 3 times recently though I believe? Which probably means they'll be booked again.

A$AP Rocky would be underwhelming after his latest album, so wouldn't surprise me. Maybe Skepta as he backed out last year.

Any idea for 1Xtra headliners? After seeing Post Malone last year I wouldn't mind going elsewhere on the Sunday

Yeah i know what you mean but they are a safe booking for them to make and will help sell tickets to whatever day the are booked for.

Yeah agree it was underwhelming, I can’t think of any other big rap acts that could do it really, skepta would be a good sub so in reality I’m hoping for him

A$AP into The 1975 would be quite a good addition imo, I remember they collaborated on drive ages ago and that was a very nice tune. Would be a shame if he wasn't on the main stage as they'd clash him with Foos or 1975 if he was there.

Edit- I misremembered it was Travis Scott.

Edited by MIchael_scarn

5 minutes ago, dum surfer said:

I reckon theres a chance Good Charlotte will be there, but i had them pegged for about 4th down main so it seems entirely possible

Yeah i know what you mean but they are a safe booking for them to make and will help sell tickets to whatever day the are booked for.

Yeah agree it was underwhelming, I can’t think of any other big rap acts that could do it really, skepta would be a good sub so in reality I’m hoping for him

I'd be happy with Skepta actually, I was looking forward to seeing him last year.

Can only think of Chance The Rapper or Childish Gambino that are sub size.

Not sure where Anderson .Paak would fit?

Doubt they'd go for someone older like Wu-Tang

Edit: When does Tyler The Creator's ban end? He would be a perfect fit.

Edited by jamieaslee
Tyler

Overall I’d say this is way better than this years first announcement. In fact i think it makes it pretty clear FR were having trouble with headliners this year too.

i am shocked about post headlining so soon as i assumed he would of been back in 2020, but after his crowd last year I’m not surprised FR jumped on him. 

Is brockhampton still a possibility for main stage? I’m hoping that FR did the same with them and snapped them up after how massive a crowd they got in the tent 

3 minutes ago, jamieaslee said:

I'd be happy with Skepta actually, I was looking forward to seeing him last year.

Can only think of Chance The Rapper or Childish Gambino that are sub size.

Not sure where Anderson .Paak would fit?

Doubt they'd go for someone older like Wu-Tang

Edit: When does Tyler The Creator's ban end? He would be a perfect fit.

I’d love childish gambino to be a sub but personally I don’t see it happening, heres to hoping him or skepta would be perfect 

I think tylers ban is over in 2020 so that’d make him a pretty safe bet to appear at that years festival 

conversation is moving pretty quickly so i’m not sure if this has already been mentioned but on an NME article it says ‘the full bill across numerous stages will be unveiled by Annie Mac on her Radio 1 show this evening at 7pm’ does that mean we’re getting a lot more names tonight as well then?

4 minutes ago, dum surfer said:

I’d love childish gambino to be a sub but personally I don’t see it happening, heres to hoping him or skepta would be perfect 

I think tylers ban is over in 2020 so that’d make him a pretty safe bet to appear at that years festival 

ah not sure how far in adv they book, but wouldn't surprise me if they snap him up the second he's available.

Acts I would love to see there are Anderson .Paak, Tame Impala, JID, Joey Bada$$, Pusha T, JPEGMAFIA

Are any of these a possibility (bar Paak as I know he did 2016) or just wishful thinking?

2 minutes ago, michelinj said:

I can see them announcing a big rap name at 7 for sure. 

Skepta, childish gambino are decent shouts but could they bring back playboi carti as he pulled out last year? Or even I think migos could sub headline. Remember Travis subbed last year and he’s a huuuuuge name 

I thought they were going through the smaller acts already on the poster? As they only mentioned the headliners this morning.

Would welcome more announcements this afternoon though

1 minute ago, jamieaslee said:

ah not sure how far in adv they book, but wouldn't surprise me if they snap him up the second he's available.

Acts I would love to see there are Anderson .Paak, Tame Impala, JID, Joey Bada$$, Pusha T, JPEGMAFIA

Are any of these a possibility (bar Paak as I know he did 2016) or just wishful thinking?

I can see Pusha T headling the 1xtra stage, i think that’d be a good booking! Tame Impala are great live, would love to see them there, but I’m not sure they will be. 

11 minutes ago, dum surfer said:

I can see Pusha T headling the 1xtra stage, i think that’d be a good booking! Tame Impala are great live, would love to see them there, but I’m not sure they will be. 

Being selfish I'd love Pusha to clash with Posty, no way I'm missing Foos or 1975. Can't see them clashing those two IF he's booked though.

That's a shame, do they have more material on the way?

5 minutes ago, jamieaslee said:

Being selfish I'd love Pusha to clash with Posty, no way I'm missing Foos or 1975. Can't see them clashing those two IF he's booked though.

That's a shame, do they have more material on the way?

I’m not sure, I believe they might be, i think i saw something about kevin parker being in the studio. They haven’t released a new album in ages so i think its pretty safe to assume something is on they way