2019 festival

4 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I'm really hoping it is the latter. Get The Streets subbing Foos, please. 

Foo FIghters / The Streets / The Distillers / IDLES / Sundara Karma 

Honestly I wouldn’t mind a rap sub for foos, like an ASAP/gambino/chance linda thing - they normally like a bit of variety

7 minutes ago, C14S said:

Honestly I wouldn’t mind a rap sub for foos, like an ASAP/gambino/chance linda thing - they normally like a bit of variety

I think someone like that or Skepta or The Streets would actually go down really well; need someone that will hype the crowd up before Foos imo.

Foos love Royal Blood, but I'm guessing they're too big to sub, if they didn't go down a rap route?

The Distillers/ IDLES(?)/ Sundara Karma following that actually shapes up as quite a good day tbh.

1 minute ago, jamieaslee said:

I think someone like that or Skepta or The Streets would actually go down really well; need someone that will hype the crowd up before Foos imo.

Foos love Royal Blood, but I'm guessing they're too big to sub, if they didn't go down a rap route?

The Distillers/ IDLES(?)/ Sundara Karma following that actually shapes up as quite a good day tbh.

They've had arena sized bands sub before, so they're probably not too big.

I'm so excited for Foo's.

1 minute ago, Chad888 said:

How long is a HL act usually?

I've been pretty wasted by the time they come on usually and time then tends to fly.

Post has probably 15 songs that he will play as a HL and TOP have like 10 as a sub co-HL 

25 songs is about 2 hours?

Foos played for 2.5 hours when I saw them in Manchester this year.

The 1975 will play for around 2 hours I'd guess.

Post Malone & ToP would be an hour each probably.

Just now, dentalplan said:

Imagine trying to convince yourself that Foos need a rap sub.

I never said they need it - just said i think itd be good. Trust me when i tell you im never gonna be someone to underhype the foos - dave is my screensaver and theyve literally been my most listened to artist for 5 years straight

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

Their tour is of academies so I can't see them subbing. 

Bastille? It’s a pre-album tour. If they were big enough to sub last year, they’re not gonna invite them back before the next album is out and say “you’re not big enough anymore”. Unbelievably wishful thinking, plus they suit Foos perfectly.

2 minutes ago, jamieaslee said:

Don't think they need a sub at all, one of the best bands I've seen live easily, but I do think a rap sub would go down well if they go for diversity like last year

Most people aff to see Foo Fighters don’t want diversity. Whereas the R1 stage could do with something diverse from mainstream rock music to counter Foos.

• Upvote 1

Just now, jamieaslee said:

RB played 3rd down 2015 too I believe, so would be a step up?

At the MK Bowl it was Royal Blood - Iggy Pop - Foos, and they were third down at reading as well. Would be insane to see them into foos without someone inbetween but i feel like they may be too big at this point - then again brockhampton were 7th down on r1 last year so anything is possible

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

plus they suit Foos perfectly.

How? Theyre a posh indie bunch from london, Foos are proper rock stars from Seattle. Literally dont see any similarities besides the dad rock thing - and how many dad rockers are there at reading 

• Like 1

I'm really hoping Bastille don't sub, so I can watch someone decent in that slot and get a decent place for Foos, but it does makes sense with the dad rock thing and them subbing previously.

Other people mentioned for that place were The Streets, Royal Blood, Catfish, Skepta; how realistic are these and where else would they fit in?

5 minutes ago, C14S said:

How? Theyre a posh indie bunch from london, Foos are proper rock stars from Seattle. Literally dont see any similarities besides the dad rock thing - and how many dad rockers are there at reading 

Bastille aren’t ‘dad rock’ lmao imagine your dad liking Bastille.

I like Foos and dislike Bastille but they’re both bog standard radio rock bands and the same people having a moment to Pompeii will be having a moment to Times Like These.