Glastonbury Mental Health

liamium

With it being ticket week, I thought I'd give this thread a boost just in case anyone needs it or will need it come the end of the week.

Also, while speaking about mental health, I've just listened to the latest episode of Fearne Cotton's podcast Happy Place (the one with Roman Kemp) and it's a difficult yet brilliant listen.

1 hour ago, Livvy13 said:

With it being ticket week, I thought I'd give this thread a boost just in case anyone needs it or will need it come the end of the week.

Also, while speaking about mental health, I've just listened to the latest episode of Fearne Cotton's podcast Happy Place (the one with Roman Kemp) and it's a difficult yet brilliant listen.

On ticket week - anyone genuinely struggled when not getting a ticket? I've always been very lucky in this department, but that lucky will inevitably run out at some point. I do think it would hit me pretty hard not been able to go, sure plenty of others have been in that department though

1 hour ago, mufcok said:

On ticket week - anyone genuinely struggled when not getting a ticket? I've always been very lucky in this department, but that lucky will inevitably run out at some point. I do think it would hit me pretty hard not been able to go, sure plenty of others have been in that department though

Been there done it, don't let it get to you, there is the resale, so keep hope.

I've got resales before and also failed in resale but by then the despair has faded if unsuccessful again. 

13 hours ago, moogster said:

Not sure if it's super appropriate to post that here as it's not the biggest of struggles but my 18 year old 9 months cat went to Cat Heaven a couple of hours ago. So yes not doing that great. It was expected but doesn't make it easier...

Sorry to hear that, @moogster . However expected, I’m sure that’s extremely difficult. Thinking of you. A successful Sunday would at least give you something to look forward to. 

Edited by kalifire
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I moved from London to Leeds in June 2021 to settle down with my fiancé and start a family. A few weeks before the move I had the first Covid jab and had an awful reaction. It's a really long story but the shock of the vaccine sent my immune system into overdrive and triggered an awful chronic illness that I've been battling since. I was compelely off work for 6 months and have only managed to return part-time from home. I've been pretty much housebound for the entire time, told to do whatever I can not to catch covid and, needless to say, had to give up this year's festival ticket. 

As you can probably imagine, having a debilitating chronic illness that completely turns your life upside down is extremely difficult to live with, causing depression and anxiety to worsen. I suffer from a whole host of physical, neurological and congnitive symptoms, I can't exercise and have a very strict diet due to a whole host of intolerances. Worse still, the NHS wanted nothing to do with me, they wouldn't consider the vaccine has caused this nor did I get past a GP. I spent - and am still spending - literally thousands on private doctors, who have diagnosed with a few different things and have all been inundated with vaccine injuries. 

Then my very close friend died in October. He was on holiday with his family and had a heart attack in a jacuzzi in front of his 5 year-old daughter. He was 36. A post-mortem showed that the heart attack was caused by myocarditis, which the NHS believed was caused by the vaccine (look it up). I'm not anti-vax, not by any stretch, but I strongly believe there'll be a lot of things that come out about this in years to come. There's a huge community of vaccine injured people, it's a real thing despite what you're led to believe. Though, for most, the vaccines have been safe - my friend and I were two of the unlucky few.

Anyway, after a friend dying, 3 different doctors and thousands of pounds spent, I finally started to get somewhere with a diagnosis in the summer. Certain tests were coming back positive and I had a name for what's going on with me. Couple that with the my partner and I buying our first house together after renting, things were starting to look up. 

Literally 2 months after moving into our dream home, out of the blue my partner decided to end our 6-year relationship. This chronic illness has consumed me so much that I wasn't aware my relationship was on the rocks. I just wasn't getting any help from NHS doctors so I became obsessed with trying to figure this all out myself, leaving my fiancée without a partner.  Not only have I lost the person I thought I was going to spend the rest of my life with, I stand to lose thousands of my life savings as we have to sell the house. I'm 37 years old, have a chronic illness, unable to work full-time or live a normal life and now living back living with my parents.

So a really shit 18 months and counting. I'm not sure it could have been any worse. I'm seeing a therapist to try and make sense of it all but it's been - and still is a - massive struggle. Dealing with a breakup is hard enough, it's ten times worse when you're battling with a chronic illness too.

Edited by StLewi

I really don't have the words to do anything to help, but having read your post didn't want to scroll on without saying that it was brave of you to post that and your story has been heard. Thank you for sharing. Keep on with the therapy, it will help although it may not feel like it at the moment. Sending best wishes that things pick up x

• Like 1

7 hours ago, StLewi said:

I moved from London to Leeds in June 2021 to settle down with my fiancé and start a family. A few weeks before the move I had the first Covid jab and had an awful reaction. It's a really long story but the shock of the vaccine sent my immune system into overdrive and triggered an awful chronic illness that I've been battling since. I was compelely off work for 6 months and have only managed to return part-time from home. I've been pretty much housebound for the entire time, told to do whatever I can not to catch covid and, needless to say, had to give up this year's festival ticket. 

As you can probably imagine, having a debilitating chronic illness that completely turns your life upside down is extremely difficult to live with, causing depression and anxiety to worsen. I suffer from a whole host of physical, neurological and congnitive symptoms, I can't exercise and have a very strict diet due to a whole host of intolerances. Worse still, the NHS wanted nothing to do with me, they wouldn't consider the vaccine has caused this nor did I get past a GP. I spent - and am still spending - literally thousands on private doctors, who have diagnosed with a few different things and have all been inundated with vaccine injuries. 

Then my very close friend died in October. He was on holiday with his family and had a heart attack in a jacuzzi in front of his 5 year-old daughter. He was 36. A post-mortem showed that the heart attack was caused by myocarditis, which the NHS believed was caused by the vaccine (look it up). I'm not anti-vax, not by any stretch, but I strongly believe there'll be a lot of things that come out about this in years to come. There's a huge community of vaccine injured people, it's a real thing despite what you're led to believe. Though, for most, the vaccines have been safe - my friend and I were two of the unlucky few.

Anyway, after a friend dying, 3 different doctors and thousands of pounds spent, I finally started to get somewhere with a diagnosis in the summer. Certain tests were coming back positive and I had a name for what's going on with me. Couple that with the my partner and I buying our first house together after renting, things were starting to look up. 

Literally 2 months after moving into our dream home, out of the blue my partner decided to end our 6-year relationship. This chronic illness has consumed me so much that I wasn't aware my relationship was on the rocks. I just wasn't getting any help from NHS doctors so I became obsessed with trying to figure this all out myself, leaving my fiancée without a partner.  Not only have I lost the person I thought I was going to spend the rest of my life with, I stand to lose thousands of my life savings as we have to sell the house. I'm 37 years old, have a chronic illness, unable to work full-time or live a normal life and now living back living with my parents.

So a really shit 18 months and counting. I'm not sure it could have been any worse. I'm seeing a therapist to try and make sense of it all but it's been - and still is a - massive struggle. Dealing with a breakup is hard enough, it's ten times worse when you're battling with a chronic illness too.

Sorry you've had such a torrid time, that's an awful lot to deal with. 

That sounds like it's a good time to be back with your folks so that you can concentrate on getting back on your feet whilst surrounded by those who care for you. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, StLewi said:

I moved from London to Leeds in June 2021 to settle down with my fiancé and start a family. A few weeks before the move I had the first Covid jab and had an awful reaction. It's a really long story but the shock of the vaccine sent my immune system into overdrive and triggered an awful chronic illness that I've been battling since. Worse still, the NHS wanted nothing to do with me, they wouldn't consider the vaccine has caused this nor did I get past a GP. I spent - and am still spending - literally thousands on private doctors, who have diagnosed with a few different things and have all been inundated with vaccine injuries. 

Sorry to hear all this and wishes with you.. i also believe there will be a lot to come in the future about the covid jabs in regards info and deaths etc.  I work in health and social care, i havent been vaccinated despite the pressure on us over the last few years and being threatened with our jobs, not getting paid for being a contact etc.  i know 2 people in glasgow who suffered serious side effects, both under 40. one has been bed bound for over 7 months now and the same happened, the nhs wouldnt acknowledge it. Its almost as if you cant speak or question anything to do with the vaccines causing any injury. its really sad and if you do you are slated an anti vaxxer etc, ive even seen the term on these forums which i thought would be more accepting of people's personal decisions.  

I hope you get things sorted and are listened to, there was enough of an outcry when there was excess deaths with covid. now there are excess deaths from all age groups across the world higher than what there should be and no one is wanting to look at the reasons why. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, garc1a said:

Sorry to hear all this and wishes with you.. i also believe there will be a lot to come in the future about the covid jabs in regards info and deaths etc.  I work in health and social care, i havent been vaccinated despite the pressure on us over the last few years and being threatened with our jobs, not getting paid for being a contact etc.  i know 2 people in glasgow who suffered serious side effects, both under 40. one has been bed bound for over 7 months now and the same happened, the nhs wouldnt acknowledge it. Its almost as if you cant speak or question anything to do with the vaccines causing any injury. its really sad and if you do you are slated an anti vaxxer etc, ive even seen the term on these forums which i thought would be more accepting of people's personal decisions.  

I hope you get things sorted and are listened to, there was enough of an outcry when there was excess deaths with covid. now there are excess deaths from all age groups across the world higher than what there should be and no one is wanting to look at the reasons why. 

Thank you for your kind words. Being chronically unwell is difficult enough as it is without being dismissed by the professionals who are supposed to be there for you and branded an anti-vax conspiracy theorist by society. It's no conspiracy that the vaccine has turned my life upside down and ended my childhood friend's life, leaving a daughter with no dad and wife without her husband. It's real and it's tragic. This needs to stop being politicised. People's lives are being ruined. 

Edited by StLewi

Whether the vaccine caused it or not is pretty much irrelevant. Not like you can go back in time and not get the vaccine - you're ill and the NHS should be treating you regardless. Trying to understand the cause is a secondary concern and it really doesn't help you one way or the other.

Even if you're right, the conspiracy theory sink hole is real and for ever one person that might have a point, there's ten nutters that'll tell you you'd have been fine until the 5G signal was turned on which actually triggered the nanobots in the vaccine... and trudging through that, when you're ill and struggling, is not great for your mental health at all.

All you can focus on is getting well, and dealing with the crap hand you've been dealt. Maybe stuff will come out in the future about the vaccines, maybe it won't, but honestly, let other people figure that out. Don't make it your problem. You have enough problems!

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, StLewi said:

Worse still, the NHS wanted nothing to do with me, they wouldn't consider the vaccine has caused this nor did I get past a GP. 

A post-mortem showed that the heart attack was caused by myocarditis, which the NHS believed was caused by the vaccine (look it up). 

Certain tests were coming back positive and I had a name for what's going on with me. 

Bizarre that they won't comment on what's happening with you being caused by the vaccine but will blame the death on the vaccine.

Out of curiosity what have they said was going on with you? (The name you mention)

42 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Bizarre that they won't comment on what's happening with you being caused by the vaccine but will blame the death on the vaccine.

Out of curiosity what have they said was going on with you? (The name you mention)

I've was diagnosed privately with mast cell activation syndrome, which is basically when the immune and nervous systems become dysregulated and see everything as a threat. I was having reactions to most food and nearly had a heart attack when I used hand sanitiser or moisturiser. The first 6 months was a very dark and scary time - everything I touched or put in my body caused a reaction.  The initial treatment was to avoid all triggers (food, exercise, cosmetics, chemicals), take some drugs and I should get better. I never did. I then found out I'm riddled with parasites and have a mould infection. These could have been laying dormant before the jab or I could have picked them up whilst my immune system was down. The NHS don't test or treat mould illnesses, nor do they know much about parasites. They just did the standard blood and stool tests and, according to them, there was nothing wrong with me and it was likely just anxiety.

It seems like the vaccine has targetted some people's weak spots. I thought I was fit and healthy but I obviously had something underlying that I wasn't aware of. 

Edited by StLewi

1 hour ago, DeanoL said:

Whether the vaccine caused it or not is pretty much irrelevant. Not like you can go back in time and not get the vaccine - you're ill and the NHS should be treating you regardless. Trying to understand the cause is a secondary concern and it really doesn't help you one way or the other.

Even if you're right, the conspiracy theory sink hole is real and for ever one person that might have a point, there's ten nutters that'll tell you you'd have been fine until the 5G signal was turned on which actually triggered the nanobots in the vaccine... and trudging through that, when you're ill and struggling, is not great for your mental health at all.

All you can focus on is getting well, and dealing with the crap hand you've been dealt. Maybe stuff will come out in the future about the vaccines, maybe it won't, but honestly, let other people figure that out. Don't make it your problem. You have enough problems!

Yep, you're right. That's what I'm doing, focussing on getting better, physically and mentally. 

7 minutes ago, StLewi said:

It seems like the vaccine has targetted some people's weak spots. I thought I was fit and healthy but I obviously had something underlying that I wasn't aware of. 

Kind of like covid then also myocarditis was also caused by covid … hope you manage to sort all the mental health issues and get yourself sorted 

6 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Kind of like covid then also myocarditis was also caused by covid … hope you manage to sort all the mental health issues and get yourself sorted 

Yep, I think you're six times more likely to develop myocarditis from covid infection than from the vaccine (age group depending)

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-021-01630-0.pdf

18 minutes ago, StLewi said:

I've was diagnosed privately with mast cell activation syndrome, which is basically when the immune and nervous systems become dysregulated and see everything as a threat. I was having reactions to most food and nearly had a heart attack when I used hand sanitiser or moisturiser. The first 6 months was a very dark and scary time - everything I touched or put in my body caused a reaction.  The initial treatment was to avoid all triggers (food, exercise, cosmetics, chemicals), take some drugs and I should get better. I never did. I then found out I'm riddled with parasites and have a mould infection. These could have been laying dormant before the jab or I could have picked them up whilst my immune system was down. The NHS don't test or treat mould illnesses, nor do they know much about parasites. They just did the standard blood and stool tests and, according to them, there was nothing wrong with me and it was likely just anxiety.

How were the parasites detected by the private medical company? I would have thought that kind of thing would show up on blood / stool tests

Obviously you don't have to go into any detail on this it just sounds horrendous and I'm surprised the NHS wouldn't help

17 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

How were the parasites detected by the private medical company? I would have thought that kind of thing would show up on blood / stool tests

Obviously you don't have to go into any detail on this it just sounds horrendous and I'm surprised the NHS wouldn't help

I'm seeing a functional medicine doctor who deals with people who have chronic illnesses that the NHS don't really understand. He said that most of his patients who have tested positive for mould have parasite infections too. He said they very rarely show up on tests so he just treats his patients as though they have them.... I've been shitting literally thousands of worms and liver flukes since August. It's crazy. 

There is a possible explanation for myocarditis with Covid vaccines, and it's not the vaccine itself, but the way it's administered.  Covid vaccines are supposed to be injected into muscle/fat from where they'll gradually diffuse into the rest of the body.  However, if it's accidentally injected into arterial blood vessels, then your heart can be damaged.  The correct way to prevent this is via 'aspiration' which basically means giving a small tug on the syringe plunger to check it doesn't pull blood into the syringe, so you know you're not injecting into a blood vessel.  This will apply to all sort of injections - not just the Covid vaccine.

I assume @StLewi has already heard of this, but if not here's a video of someone who was similarly affected.  The guy is a mountain biking legend, but the GP who's interviewing him is a click-bait tosser: he knows the science behind this stuff, but always uses video titles which will attract the anti-vax nutters, who worship him as a hero.  A cynical approach which has gained him millions of lunatic subscribers on YouTube.  (The relevant bit starts at 20.30.)

The positive from all of this is that this mountain biker guy has now recovered and is back in the saddle, and would no doubt whip my arse on a climb.  In terms of stats, all the Covid vaccines continue to be under close and open scrutiny, and the evidence for their safety continues to be stronger than for any other medicine you'll ever take.

On 12/1/2022 at 4:32 PM, StLewi said:

Keep sharing if need to, there’s some amazing people here. You are not alone. I’m so sorry this has happened to you. 

• Like 1