Missed the deadline. Am I screwed?

Patsythecat

13 minutes ago, Joshuwarr said:

I know you've got the campervan ticket but you have to ask yourself this...what would upset you more: doubling your chances and getting a coach ticket in the resale, whilst being stuck with a campervan ticket you can't use OR not bothering for the thursday sale and missing out on the Sunday resale because thats the only one you tried without even a sniff at success...

If Glastonbury is a big part of your year you'd be silly not to sacrifice the campervan for it! But good luck to you whatever you try :)

Yeah, especially if you've been assured that a refund would come if you failed to obtain a normal ticket.  I would definitely try in both sales.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I find it a bit frustrating on behalf of anybody that has failed in the main sale (which if you try every year will be all of us at some point or another) and had to endure 6 months of torture until the resale, that there are people who are lucky enough to get a ticket but then forget to pay for it. That ticket could've gone to somebody who wouldn't have forgotten to pay for it in a million years and saved them all the grief. I know these things happen but I thinks a bit irksome for those who haven't been lucky enough in the first place. I know it means more in the pot for the resale but there atill isn't any guarantee they will get one.

People need to calm the fuck down, not everyone spends every waking moment obsessing about the festival, people have lives, commitments and other shit happening. I only noticed the reminder email in my spam folder by chance to suggest that people don't deserve to go because of forgetting a date is ridiculous. 

45 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

With a multipack of Twix.

Er...sorry to be that guy, S2H but if you're onsite pre-fence erection, then Twixes are entirely superfluous to requirements.

Even having them for general sustenance would seem wrong, given the essential part they play in Farm Folklore...

:)

Ben

Ben, I'm not sure what you say is entirely right.  I think they're more for good luck than anything.  

A bit like medieval pilgrims, who might have carried the relics of a saint with them on their journeys, but they'd never have used them to make a tasty, nourishing stock.

27 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Er...sorry to be that guy, S2H but if you're onsite pre-fence erection, then Twixes are entirely superfluous to requirements.

Even having them for general sustenance would seem wrong, given the essential part they play in Farm Folklore...

:)

Ben

Entirely untrue.  You're still ninjaing like a muthafucka to stay out of sight.

53 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I find it a bit frustrating on behalf of anybody that has failed in the main sale (which if you try every year will be all of us at some point or another) and had to endure 6 months of torture until the resale, that there are people who are lucky enough to get a ticket but then forget to pay for it. That ticket could've gone to somebody who wouldn't have forgotten to pay for it in a million years and saved them all the grief. I know these things happen but I thinks a bit irksome for those who haven't been lucky enough in the first place. I know it means more in the pot for the resale but there atill isn't any guarantee they will get one.

Try not to be irked by it.  Not sure if you've ever got a resale or secret resale ticket.  I've had both and was delighted to get to the festival, however it happened. 

Also, of course they already feel annoyed and bad, so it's nice to be sympathetic, indeed their lackadaisical approach means that those dedicated folks  you refer to have a chance at extra tickets ;)

2 hours ago, Patsythecat said:

Thanks FunkyFairy but Seetickets said they would refund the campervan ticket if I don't get resales.

Really want to shut this down now to avoid the gleeful and judgy folks! I'm not a newbie. I forgot my password on my account but had forgotten that asking question could leave me open to ridicule. 

Off out to drown my sorrows in any case so will deal with this later. 

If you get coach tix could you not get a friend insured to drive your van down?

1 hour ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

If that annoys you then I guess you would want to kill a mate of mine who a few years ago decided 2 days before the festival that he wasn't going to go despite having tickets, transport booked, bag packed, he just decided he didn't fancy it.

i told him he was mad but he had just gone off the idea of sitting in a field of mud for 5 days, 

My first year of getting a ticket ( when it wasn't too tough ) I didn't pay off my balance, I was wobbling and really didn't know whether to go or not, left it to the last day then got stuck on a plane, no wifi 4g etc and didn't get home until after midnight so lost my ticket ... Realised the error of my ways and got a ticket again in the resale 

rookie error, and never have I made the same mistake/ decision again 

good luck to everyone , just everyone in the resale whether you're a newbie, not obsessed, disorganised, life's got in the way, totally obesessed and missd out or any other permutation ... Good luck one and all 

2 hours ago, fur_q said:

People need to calm the fuck down, not everyone spends every waking moment obsessing about the festival, people have lives, commitments and other shit happening. I only noticed the reminder email in my spam folder by chance to suggest that people don't deserve to go because of forgetting a date is ridiculous. 

Yep, if I didn't have a job that allowed me to come on this forum all the time then I can quite easily see me missing the deadline. 

The gloating seems really rather unpleasant.

A festival full of highly organised administrators sounds pretty dull to me.

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I liked it in 2008 when flakey people got to go to the festival instead of squares like us.  This isn't about people you want to run a project with, it's a festival, for letting your hair down. I quite like the idea of disorganised people coming along.  They can be fun.

I'm disorganised about everything but Glastonbury. Today I decided to pick up a call from that annoying number I don't recognise that's been mithering me for ages, see who it was. Turns out it was the watch menders, reminding me I brought my watch in to them one morning and said I'd be back for it in the afternoon. That was three weeks ago. Forgot I even had a watch.

4 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I'm disorganised about everything but Glastonbury. Today I decided to pick up a call from that annoying number I don't recognise that's been mithering me for ages, see who it was. Turns out it was the watch menders, reminding me I brought my watch in to them one morning and said I'd be back for it in the afternoon. That was three weeks ago. Forgot I even had a watch.

Ha, this is exactly like me. My friends are absolutely bewildered as to what comes over me at glasto time. "I've never seen you this organised...what gives?" gets brandied around a lot

7 hours ago, fur_q said:

People need to calm the fuck down, not everyone spends every waking moment obsessing about the festival, people have lives, commitments and other shit happening. 

People have lives outside of Glastonbury? I don't understand 

15 hours ago, Spindles said:

Got to confess, tales like this are received with much amusement round these parts.  Sorry.

I don't agree.

Yes, if you missed your ticket window and you're acting indignantly like it's somebody else's fault, you'll get short shrift. But sometimes shit happens and you screw up. If that's the case, I think the general sentiment here is one of 'oh, that sucks. Let me help you in the resale.'