ManchesterGlasto

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Source article here:

http://www.nme.com/news/music/emily-eavis-grime-feels-like-new-punk-other-stage-headliner-2033748

Not that there are any direct quotes backing up that they're headlining Other.  I wouldn't put it past whoever wrote the article to make up/misunderstand that BBK have been confirmed as headliners.

Looks like NME interviewed Emily a few days ago and is dripping out info at an excruciating rate.  I wish they'd just post the transcript and be done with it.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Any reason why folk are ruling out the Sunday night?

There was previous information that Saturday Other was "hip-hoppy". I think for the purposes of discussion it's easier to include grime under hip-hop so not to confuse people who aren't fans of it

3 minutes ago, evannn said:

There was previous information that Saturday Other was "hip-hoppy". I think for the purposes of discussion it's easier to include grime under hip-hop so not to confuse people who aren't fans of it

I thought Alt J could only play the Saturday night and top of the Other is pretty much where they're likely to wind up.

Well that would explain their placing on the poster next to Major Lazer and Alt-J. If Boy Better Know are headlining on the Sunday then I guess that puts our 'who's subbing who' deal in to even greater turmoil, although I suppose The National being third down one day seems the most likely scenario.

Opens up Justice headlining WH on the Sunday though hopefully so I'll take it!

15 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Source article here:

http://www.nme.com/news/music/emily-eavis-grime-feels-like-new-punk-other-stage-headliner-2033748

Not that there are any direct quotes backing up that they're headlining Other.  I wouldn't put it past whoever wrote the article to make up/misunderstand that BBK have been confirmed as headliners.

Looks like NME interviewed Emily a few days ago and is dripping out info at an excruciating rate.  I wish they'd just post the transcript and be done with it.

Has anyone noticed that the NME have managed to mis-report the prize Wiley won at the NME awards in this article? Ludicrous.

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

And if West Holts doesnt appeal it's time to start foraging around in the Acoustic and Avalon for something to do.

But it can't get as bad as the Sunday in 2014.

My favourite headliner of the weekend was on the Sunday that year, Anti-flag, but being on Leftfield it was over by 10:00. 

Yet another Sunday in the Caberet Tent. 

13 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Bugger. Was hoping for a decent Other Stage headliner up against Ed.

Yeh me too. Was hoping for The XX or Manics being added to play that slot. Although if it is BBK, and there's nothing decent on elsewhere, I'll go on a big exploration and stumble upon stuff! Love those nights at Glasto!

Edited by Stokesy10

11 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

And if West Holts doesnt appeal it's time to start foraging around in the Acoustic and Avalon for something to do.

But it can't get as bad as the Sunday in 2014.

Doesn't Metronomy twizzle your wizzle? I'm hoping (w/ the updated stage splits on eFests) for a brick in the shape of Rod y Gab or the Hacienda mob to clear a route for good times with Joe Mount.

Edited by dentalplan