Sawdusty surfer

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, thatcrazypenguin said:

im not turning this thread into a pro/anti mosh pit thing, mate if you think letting off a firework with the potential to seriously burn people or even worse in a packed crowd is acceptable and akin to a mosh pit then your a fool and not worth arguing with so why bother?

“He hit my jaw so hard that it moved the entire thing to one side breaking it in two places on each side. My right side of my jaw was no longer connected to my skull or muscle, it was still in my face because of my skin.

My jaw has been restructured and my brain has stopped bleeding, I’m feeling better but my face still hurts so much. I stayed in the trauma ICU for 6 days, my jaw is wired shut I can’t speak and I have lost 9 pounds in 7 days because I can’t have anything but liquids."

14 minutes ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

It's the Eavii's wish, so can't we leave it at that? 

It's not though. It's now a criminal offence with a prison sentence. It's the faceless lawmakers wish.

Do you people really want to see the police entering the crowd and arresting people over a flare at glastonbury, just because there is a microscopic chance of someone getting a blister?

Astonishing.

I think they look great at festivals, but I don't fancy being too close to them.

They have a recommended 3 year life and then you should replace them.

New ones shouldn't spit too much hot stuff that can land on the users hand/arm, or on others around them .... but older ones are likely to.

If handled ok, they shouldn't cause a problem.....and, have I mentioned...they look great

but, drunk, out of date, on someones shoulders....give them a wide berth.

I did see some bloody idiot last year failing to get a parachute flare to launch, so pointed it into the crowd whilst reading the label and pulling the release tag...knob. fortunately it broke without launching

6 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Except it's well known that Eavis has avoided booking particularly heavy bands because of worries over crowd injuries. Metallica was the first step away from that and it's changing a little, but moshing was essentially "banned" for years by just not booking bands you could mosh to...

I got massive bruising at the front of the NME stage during Bjork's set in the early 90s. 

4 minutes ago, russycarps said:

“He hit my jaw so hard that it moved the entire thing to one side breaking it in two places on each side. My right side of my jaw was no longer connected to my skull or muscle, it was still in my face because of my skin.

My jaw has been restructured and my brain has stopped bleeding, I’m feeling better but my face still hurts so much. I stayed in the trauma ICU for 6 days, my jaw is wired shut I can’t speak and I have lost 9 pounds in 7 days because I can’t have anything but liquids."

It's not though. It's now a criminal offence with a prison sentence. It's the faceless lawmakers wish.

Do you people really want to see the police entering the crowd and arresting people over a flare at glastonbury, just because there is a microscopic chance of someone getting a blister?

Astonishing.

yeah your right russy my bad, that totally happens in every mosh pit ever.  I must have fucking dreamt the last 20 years of my life...lol

how many people are injured by fireworks every year compared to moshpits? since your big on `examples` 

Edited by thatcrazypenguin

1 minute ago, russycarps said:

Astonishing.

Yes, I want the police rushing into every field; that's like, exactly what, like, I said, yeah...  

The Eavii have had that on the website for years, long before this new law, so in fact, the 'faceless man' or other imaginary villain you can think of are actually following the Eavii. 

10 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Astonishing.

I wouldn't call first and second degree burns just a "blister".

That's like me saying well that bloke had a glass jaw, man up.

Edited by slash's hat

Arguably if someone gets injured in a mosh pit it's assault which is equally illegal...

I dunno. The evidence seems to be flares aren't that dangerous - although one has to wonder how that might change if bringing them in was legal, and we saw a lot more - but drunk/high people with handheld pyrotechnics... I mean that's just a bad idea, surely? I'm not even a heavy drinker but wouldn't want to be handling fireworks/flares drunk for fear of my own safety yet alone those around me... that just seems obvious, y'know?

Even if at the same time the number of actual incidents is fairly low...

7 minutes ago, The Placid Casual said:

MRW I see someone sitting on a chair in the front circle

412150583.jpg

Oh yes please. Ill give them one of these.

chair.gif

And then maybe one of these together? 

con-chair-to-to-chris-jericho-o.gif

And then follow them out to their car for some of this

tumblr_m9z3rvT9Wj1qcga5ro1_500.gif

Edited by The Nal

1 hour ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

Yes, I want the police rushing into every field; that's like, exactly what, like, I said, yeah...  

The Eavii have had that on the website for years, long before this new law, so in fact, the 'faceless man' or other imaginary villain you can think of are actually following the Eavii. 

If you cant see the difference between criminalising flares (with a prison sentence) and eavis asking people not to bring them to his farm, then there really is no hope for you.

7 minutes ago, russycarps said:

If you cant see the difference between criminalising flares (with a prison sentence) and eavis asking people not to bring them to his farm, then there really is no hope for you.

I like to think anyone being a w*nker with a lit firework would be dealt with long before the police could get to them. I agree with you about the punishment aspect at least, any troublemakers should be dealt with `in house` but then I guess if its been made the law of the land the festival cant ignore it or it could affect future license applications etc

1 hour ago, giantkatestacks said:

I got massive bruising at the front of the NME stage during Bjork's set in the early 90s. 

That was 94 mate, my first Glast. It was f@cking rammed alright. And some drug dealer got shot by the entrance to the Other from the market just before. Great times!

Edited by Homer

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Flares were abundant during Kasabian.

That's enough to make me hate them.

In fairness, apparently they did completely obscure someone's view of The Courteeners at Leeds...

Maybe they're actually providing a well considered public service?

Edited by Homer

33 minutes ago, thatcrazypenguin said:

I like to think anyone being a w*nker with a lit firework would be dealt with long before the police could get to them. I agree with you about the punishment aspect at least, any troublemakers should be dealt with `in house` but then I guess if its been made the law of the land the festival cant ignore it or it could affect future license applications etc

Precisely. Pointless laws created by dickheads in the real world have no place at glastonbury, and certainly shouldnt be applauded. Glastonbury is our world, not theirs. If someone started chucking flares around then does anyone really think the police would be required to deal with the situation? I guarantee that the crowd would deal with the individual (not in a violent manner) and the situation wouldnt be repeated. The mass disapproval of thousands of people would see to that. The simple fact it never happens at glastonbury says it all.

I have no particular views on flares, and I suspect they are largely used by look-at-me-dickheads. But I will support those look-at me-dickheads right to behave like dickheads at glastonbury without fear of arrest until my dying day.

We dont need the old bill thank you. The introduction of new laws, rules and regulations at glastonubury are NEVER EVER a good thing.

I'd be saying exactly the same thing if mosh pits were criminalised.

Edited by russycarps