Who's playing which day 2017

the wonderwhy

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Biffy Clyro headlining the Other Stage on Sunday night is still possible as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah I agree. I'm currently going with: 

Radiohead // The XX
Major Lazer

Foo Fighters // The National 
Alt-J

Ed Sheeran // Katy Perry
Biffy Clyro

Not saying that's the most likely, but I can definitely see it coming off & it does all, as far as I can tell, fit in terms of position on poster/when acts are available etc. 

Its also my preference :P 

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Could it not just be Justice > The xx Sunday Other stage? With The National before Radiohead.

I think it would be a complete waste to have Justice in a sub slot, especially when they've actively been booking acts of their type to headline that stage over the last couple of years. 

Edited by MattDavies__

Just now, sisco said:

Someone saw them at a gig and they said 2pm other stage.  Not sure he got the day.

Ah cool cheers, hard to keep track at the moment.

Only asking because they're on the clashfinder which someone has edited to only include 'official/self-confirmed slots' so was wondering where that had come from :) 

34 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Ah cool cheers, hard to keep track at the moment.

Only asking because they're on the clashfinder which someone has edited to only include 'official/self-confirmed slots' so was wondering where that had come from :) 

yep was at instore record store gig and they said a 2pm slot on the other stage.   before i posted it on here i saw someone had it already on the clashfinder aswell as friday 2pm , so seems that is reliable date/time

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

If The National aren't Pyramid Subs or Other Headliners could they even be in the JPT?

I honestly can't see a scenario where that could be likely. Other headliner, or Pyramid Sub.. Maybe at a stretch 3rd from top on the Pyramid at the absolute lowest.

I think something that is being overlooked is that they're not properly "on tour", hence why most assumed they were ruled out before the poster drop. At this point they've only got Glastonbury, then a festival in Denmark about 6 weeks later in their calendar. Unless more shows get added (and most Festivals have announced the core of their lineups at this stage), it appears they're gearing up to play and flying over to Europe for a couple of one off shows. On that basis I have to assume that the slot is worth their time & effort - which means something with a good amount of exposure, prestige, and (by Glastonbury standards at least) cash. All together pretty much ruling out JPT, Park, etc.

1 hour ago, MattDavies__ said:

Yeah I agree. I'm currently going with: 

Radiohead // The XX
Major Lazer

Foo Fighters // The National 
Alt-J

Ed Sheeran // Katy Perry
Biffy Clyro

Not saying that's the most likely, but I can definitely see it coming off & it does all, as far as I can tell, fit in terms of position on poster/when acts are available etc. 

Its also my preference :P 

There is no way that The XX and The National are both subbing and given The National's rarity, they aren't starting a show at 7pm in daylight with a crowd that doesn't give shit waiting for FF, and that adds to why Biffy will sub....added also to the fact they are subbing FF at two fests around the same kind of time....it's likely to be a clause/deal with any fests over here that both are playing.

1 hour ago, jparx said:

Could it not just be Justice > The xx Sunday Other stage? With The National before Radiohead.

Yes it could, although I agree Justice should really have the dark but I don't see them topping Other unless they are being used as a closing dance act to a headliner in which case their position on the poster is fine.

11 hours ago, thewayiam said:

We have no info on Sasha & Digweed being Saturday do we

One of the Guys at my work is good friends with John Digweed and said that he'd confirmed they were playing the Saturday

Just now, fightoffyour said:

Why not Katy Perry subbing Foos and Biffy subbing Ed? They're all essentially pop acts, and shouldn't there be at least some change in style for crowd churn..?

People keep saying this about crowd churn but I don't think it's a thing they aim for anymore (potentially a change that's been Emily's choice since having more control). For the last 3 years the 3 subs have been below the most suitable headliner (even with slightly odd ones like Beck into Coldplay, they were probably still the best fit for him to play below). Biffy into Foos and Perry into Sheeran would be the same as duos like Foals into Muse, Pharrell into Kanye, Weller into The Who, Elbow into Arcade Fire, The Black Keys into Kasabian.