Who's playing which day 2017

the wonderwhy

Just now, thewayiam said:

He's correct but we've worked this out, I'm going for an Other sub/3rd down still to come with the current two next to Gibb and that right side run of Katy, Chic and Lorde below each other making up those 6 slots.

I'd be surprised if we got Other subs/third downs added considering how many big names are already on the poster - it's hard enough already trying to reasonably fit in all those acts.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I'd be surprised if we got Other subs/third downs added considering how many big names are already on the poster - it's hard enough already trying to reasonably fit in all those acts.

Nah it's not as soon as you realise that Katy most likely isn't subbing it's fur easy.

10 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

they don't get any special info. :rolleyes:

Plus it was tweeted 10 minutes after the poster was released, so likely he just assumed they would be Pyramid as everyone else has, so it's not like it has come from any information 'drip fed' to NME over the past week as people are alleging.

On Mark Gardener's tour dates it has Ride playing 23rd. I don't know if it's a default first day of the festival because most of the dates are confirmed and the only other one, Benicassim, is one they're obviously playing the first day. Feel confident that it's right and it confirms the thought that they're Friday's Park headliners, ergo clashing with Radiohead.

7 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

they have BBK headlining the Other straight from Emily's mouth apparently, which I'm pretty sure no-one else had?

yep, because they made the effort to speak to her, and she decided to tell them some stuff (which they've used in the piece).

They're acting like and being treated like the publication that they are, but with nothing special beyond that.

Why aren't we putting The xx on the Pyramid sub yet?

http://www.nme.com/news/music/xx-share-short-film-night-day-brixton-shows-2033725

Meanwhile, The xx will be returning to the UK to perform at Glastonbury Festival performing before Radiohead on the Pyramid Stage on Friday June 23.

Article was written by the same guy who published the Emily interview that confirmed Biffy as the Sunday sub slot today.

4 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

According to their website, London Grammar are playing on Sunday. Unsure which stage they'll be on, had them certain for Other but as it is Ed Sheeran day on the Pyramid, who knows?

http://www.londongrammar.com/

Aye they'll be on Other surely, third down or something like that.

I keep flittering between Laura Marling being just right for the Park or too big for it. If she's not there then something like third down Other seems right, although I think I've said that about twenty of our so far confirmed acts thus far so something's gotta give and somebody's gotta be elsewhere.

8 hours ago, dentalplan said:

That seems too high up. I'd say two or three slots lower down Other than that, or alternatively evening John Peel which I'd punt for. Reckon Park has to be Can Project or Cinematic Orchestra.

Well she played fifth down the Pyramid in 2011 and I don't think she's gotten particularly smaller than that- fifth/sixth down Other seems pretty low, and she's certainly a bigger deal than any acts I can think of who've been 2nd/3rd top John Peel. I'll compromise at 4th down Other, but I'd be surprised to see her get lower than that, or at least I think she deserves no lower than that.

12 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Think he'll be earlier than national on pyramid or other. 

Good news that someone I really want to see is definitely not Friday. Hope he doesn't clash with angel. Missed him last time. 

If he's Pyramid he'll be at least 6th out of 7 down, 4th down Other maybe.