2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

7 minutes ago, JoBalls said:

I seem to recall that there isn’t much possibility of them ever headlining due to badger related beef between Michael and Brian May. But I may be wrong!

The consequences of that Bodger and Badger set really are far-reaching 

• Like 1

This badger beef needs to get wound up and stat.

Queen are one of the few acts with a banger index that rivals Macca.  People will piss and moan about the Fred-deficit but even with Adam Lambert they're still in a far better position to headline a major gig than a band fronted by Julian Casablancas.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Queen are one of the few acts with a banger index that rivals Macca.  People will piss and moan about the Fred-deficit but even with Adam Lambert they're still in a far better position to headline a major gig than a band fronted by Julian Casablancas.

Agreed.

Same applies to Fleetwood Mac regarding Lindsey Buckingham. Still better than The Strokes.

1 hour ago, Fingerbobs said:

The 'couple of blokes' quote was surely how it stood at that time is Stormzy & Paul. However there is a young Neil and angry Bob out there touring fit and ready for a call up just to fit that quote for the sat night.

I know it's obviously definitely not Oasis, but....Oasis? Would make a fuck load more sense than them both subbing on different notes while the Strokes headline above one of them

Edited by Sasperella

42 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Bang on. They are one of the few acts out there right now that guarantee a Saturday night party.

This headliner thread has been keeping me entertained at work for a while now!

Just thought I'd pop in and add some more smoke to the Gaga fire - she's just been announced for some kind of conference (?) in Florida on May 9th, so it looks like the Vegas contract doesn't prevent her from doing other shows, elsewhere... (fingers crossed)

2067812355_ScreenShot2019-01-16at10_03_54.thumb.png.5f9d4ef1a0f28c5ea93321c67a7cbc50.png

5 minutes ago, RyanS said:

So hard to keep up.   I know that Emily ruled out Fleetwood Mac and Madonna.

I think that leaves us with the following options, have any of these been ruled out?

The Strokes
Lady GaGa
Rihanna
Foals
Tame Impala
Ariana Grande
Bon Jovi
The 1975
The Killers
Liam Gallagher

Ariana Grande is playing America In June so I think she is ruled out. 

4 minutes ago, RyanS said:

So hard to keep up.   I know that Emily ruled out Fleetwood Mac and Madonna.

I think that leaves us with the following options, have any of these been ruled out?

The Strokes
Lady GaGa
Rihanna
Foals
Tame Impala
Ariana Grande
Bon Jovi
The 1975
The Killers
Liam Gallagher

No way are they giving it to Tame Impala, I know they’re headlining Coachella but even that was a bump up and they’re bigger in the US. Going down well in a sub slot is a whole different kettle of fish to headlining successfully. They barely have anything that can be described as a hit over here.

Ariana has a gig in the US on the 29th so won’t be her.

1975 are headlining Reading, Melvin wouldn’t allow it.

Liam isn’t going to headline off the back of one album and his old band’s songs.

I actually think The Killers is a decent shout at this point, though.

People come up with some strange stuff on here. The Strokes apparently don't feel like a Glasto headliner in 2019 so instead we've come up with:

- Chemical Brothers, who can't headline any major festivals these days and played the Other Stage 4 years ago.

- Oasis, who haven't existed for a decade.

The Strokes are a major festival headliner. They might be a shit choice and it might be disappointing, but at least they exist and headline major festivals.

9 minutes ago, mufcok said:

And the fact they genuinely dislike, probably go as far as hate, each other. Think we established it wasn't just for show some time back, won't be happening anytime soon.. if at all

Give it a couple more years and I honestly think it will happen. The money on the table will get bigger and bigger and eventually the pull will be too strong.

Edited by Hugh Jass

4 minutes ago, andyhh said:

Ariana Grande is playing America In June so I think she is ruled out. 

Cheers!

I think Glastonbury would be keen to have a female headliner although I know that it's not always possible because of logistics.   At this stage, Stormzy/Lady GaGa/The Cure seems a good bet.