Gorillaz

gmb1992

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Will say that security was nowhere as tight as I was expecting last night. Got to the venue at about 7.40 and waltzed straight in. No ID check, just a mild pat down and a fleeting glimpse in my bag, no worse than going into a gig any time.

I had the tightest security experience I've ever had. Went through every item in my bag, including personal items. Got me to open up my glasses case, put my umbrella up (?), questioned me on totally innocuous items, eg paracetamol. Felt very invasive. 

I went in probably an hour earlier than you though, so maybe they were just trying to get people in quickly before they came on.

1 minute ago, somecoolusername said:

I had the tightest security experience I've ever had. Went through every item in my bag, including personal items. Got me to open up my glasses case, put my umbrella up (?), questioned me on totally innocuous items, eg paracetamol. Felt very invasive. 

I went in probably an hour earlier than you though, so maybe they were just trying to get people in quickly before they came on.

Really? We had nothing of the sort, just the standard pat down and cursory check. My wife even forgot that she had some Chinese herbal medication on her that looked suspiciously like brown powder. If they saw it they didn't ask any questions.

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Really? We had nothing of the sort, just the standard pat down and cursory check. My wife even forgot that she had some Chinese herbal medication on her that looked suspiciously like brown powder. If they saw it they didn't ask any questions.

Yeah, but my friend that I went with got straight in and had to wait ages for me! 

Maybe I just got an absolute jobsworth. (To be clear I appreciate the need for increased security, but the way it was carried out felt quite intimidating). 

16 minutes ago, somecoolusername said:

Yeah, but my friend that I went with got straight in and had to wait ages for me! 

Maybe I just got an absolute jobsworth. (To be clear I appreciate the need for increased security, but the way it was carried out felt quite intimidating). 

Sounds like you got a bad'un.

I was surprised that it wasn't even that busy last night, we were sat up in the circle and there were loads of empty seats. Nobody standing on the back balcony either. I wonder if a mixture of ridiculously cheap tickets and recent events made a few people decide not to bother going.

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Sounds like you got a bad'un.

I was surprised that it wasn't even that busy last night, we were sat up in the circle and there were loads of empty seats. Nobody standing on the back balcony either. I wonder if a mixture of ridiculously cheap tickets and recent events made a few people decide not to bother going.

There were some empty seats on the balcony in St Albans even though it was sold out. Guest list is usually allocated to the balcony so I assumed it was people on the guest list who hadn't showed. 

The ticket price was probably a factor, and I wonder if some people were caught out by the stage times? Didn't realise they would be on so early perhaps. 

4 minutes ago, somecoolusername said:

The ticket price was probably a factor, and I wonder if some people were caught out by the stage times? Didn't realise they would be on so early perhaps. 

This was definitely the case in Portsmouth on Sunday. Huge queue outside when the band too stage, I'd say there was an extra 50% in the standing bit after 5/6 songs than there were at the very start.

1 minute ago, RossTC said:

Was there much chat between songs by Damon?

Quite a bit, though with such a long set you could tell the band cut him off at a couple of points when they sensed he was going to go into a big speech :lol:'We love London. This gig is for London', etc. 

Started talking about the election within about 4 seconds of coming onstage. 

On 2017-6-9 at 0:15 PM, somecoolusername said:

Quite a bit, though with such a long set you could tell the band cut him off at a couple of points when they sensed he was going to go into a big speech :lol:'We love London. This gig is for London', etc. 

Started talking about the election within about 4 seconds of coming onstage. 

it went very fucking quiet when he started talking about a coalition, couple folks around me booed

It was by no means full. Loads of space around the bar areas at the back of standing. We had a good spot not far back from the stage and it was easy to pop out and get a beer and get back in with no trouble at all. 

Didn't realise it was Kano on Clint Eastwood. Thought Graham looked a bit lost up there on the 2 songs he played on

4 minutes ago, mario man said:

It was by no means full. Loads of space around the bar areas at the back of standing. We had a good spot not far back from the stage and it was easy to pop out and get a beer and get back in with no trouble at all. 

Didn't realise it was Kano on Clint Eastwood. Thought Graham looked a bit lost up there on the 2 songs he played on

Graham always looks like that

• Upvote 1

Just now, DownboundTrain52 said:

Not seeing them til the winter but fairly disappointed at the representation levels of Plastic Beach. Appreciate that Demon Days remains the hit-heavy album - but would happily forgo a couple from there to have On Meloncholy Hill and White Flag, especially the former.

Yeah On Melancholy Hill's omission is quite baffling. One of the highlights from Plastic Beach and a big crowd pleaser, and just an all round great song.

• Upvote 1

On 2017-6-9 at 2:56 PM, FloorFiller said:

Yeah On Melancholy Hill's omission is quite baffling. One of the highlights from Plastic Beach and a big crowd pleaser, and just an all round great song.

bollocks that they have de la soul doing momentz but not superfast jellyfish, I get it's a Humanz tour but the whole album plus bonus tracks live is stupid, especially as some far poorer than previous albums

Went to St Albans and Brixton. Both brilliant gigs, and if the current show was played on the Pyramid a few years back, it would be remembered much better than it is now.
They better be playing at the farm... And from what I've seen, guests aren't even necessary. They have even managed to nail it using tapes for guest vocalists (The visuals are stunning when the guests aren't there!)

Unfortunately, I'm not at Demon Dayz today due to lack of funds, but some friends are there. Gonna watch the live stream tonight though. Cha-char-charger!

Just now, Horror85 said:

This is pretty good. Reckon they could turn up at glasto???? Also i thought they did the whole cartoon portrayal?  

Bit tricky to pull off live, naturally. There was an early stage when they first started playing live where the whole band would hide behind a projector screen but it's been a while since they did anything of that sort.