Green Day

504329lt

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Ed Sheeran vs Elbow?! Fuck me thats a boring night right there*

Unless you mean Ed Sheeran vs Zlatan Inbrahimovic's elbow, that would get me to watch.

*120 other stages are available, I know that.

Ill be at Mings' Head Stamp.

6 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Could also be flaming lips at a push. Still think they'd headline JPT but their stock hasn't fallen really since they last headlined other stage. 

Yeah I'd say they are more well known now than they ever have been before, thanks to their antics with Miley Cyrus.

I am hoping for JPT like you though

Outside of Flaming Lips fans I don't think many people know or give a shit about what they've done with Miley Cyrus - it's not like they featured on some her more popular work, just the weird stuff that threw long time fans off. Probably weren't big enough to headline Other in '10 and definitely not big enough now.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Where there is Sheeren on Sunday there is hope for Green Day on Sunday.

The rumour still lives.

Yep, particularly as there doesn't appear to be another name in the frame.

If there was something else that seemed believable, I'd probably forget the green day thing pretty quickly.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Yep, particularly as there doesn't appear to be another name in the frame.

If there was something else that seemed believable, I'd probably forget the green day thing pretty quickly.

Where is the ability to up vote the boss when you want it :)

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, zahidf said:

They are def big enough for other stage (esp if justice is bug enough)...

oh, I wasn't doubting they're big enough.

They just don't feel right - to me - as a headliner for that stage, tho at the same time I'm not saying they won't be doing it, nor can I think of any slot that might be a better for them ... unless they do do the park (which I accept might have crowding issues).

Edited by eFestivals

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

oh, I wasn't doubting they're big enough.

They just don't feel right - to me - as a headliner for that stage, tho at the same time I'm not saying they won't be doing it, nor can I think of any slot that might be a better for them ... unless they do do the park (which I accept might have crowding issues).

When you say they don't feel right do you think they're too big? They headlined it in 2013 and aren't really in much different of a position now other than probably being a little bigger. It must be either Other headline or Pyramid sub. They certainly feel like more of an Other headliner than Green Day, surely?

My prediction for Other headliners atm is alt-J, Justice and The xx/The Weeknd. If Justice are Friday and alt-J Saturday then it'd have to be The xx out of those 2 as they wouldn't stick The Weeknd on opposite Sheeran.

9 minutes ago, Bisque said:

If it's Green Day I reckon that ties in nicely with Emily saying they are cramming in two years' worth of music.

Hmmm. I take those sorts of comments from Emily as I would any promoter - and you never hear a promoter say "this year's line-up isn't as good as last year's".

Not bullshit as such, but just talking it up. The first time it gets talked up could be entirely genuine too ... but after you've done it once you have to keep on doing it, because otherwise it suggests something lesser for this year, which isn't great salesmanship, but which is also an insult towards this year's acts.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

Hmmm. I take those sorts of comments from Emily as I would any promoter - and you never hear a promoter say "this year's line-up isn't as good as last year's".

Not bullshit as such, but just talking it up. The first time it gets talked up could be entirely genuine too ... but after you've done it once you have to keep on doing it, because otherwise it suggests something lesser for this year, which isn't great salesmanship, but which is also an insult towards this year's acts.

Do you think want he fact they aren't down as a festival exclusive when all the other BST headlines are points to this? Or is there something else we aren't considering?

1 minute ago, Will-2609 said:

When you say they don't feel right do you think they're too big? They headlined it in 2013 and aren't really in much different of a position now other than probably being a little bigger. It must be either Other headline or Pyramid sub.

Ah, had forgotten they'd done it before. That changes my view on it.

1 minute ago, Will-2609 said:

They certainly feel like more of an Other headliner than Green Day, surely?

I definitely think they're more likely to be booked than Green Day, tho there's something about Green Day opposite Ed that somehow feels a better fit.

Just now, eFestivals said:

Ah, had forgotten they'd done it before. That changes my view on it.

I definitely think they're more likely to be booked than Green Day, tho there's something about Green Day opposite Ed that somehow feels a better fit.

Fair enough on that last point and it's obviously a matter of opinion. They were opposite Mumford and Sons last time who musically are probably the most similar headliner musically/crowd-wise we've had to Sheeran in recent years.

3 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

Do you think want he fact they aren't down as a festival exclusive when all the other BST headlines are points to this? Or is there something else we aren't considering?

it's certainly possible.

Or it might be that they wanted an option at the time of signing that contract to book in other UK shows, but then the scheduling of other Euro shows meant they couldn't do it.

Without more info, we can only guess at it.

2 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Fair enough on that last point and it's obviously a matter of opinion. They were opposite Mumford and Sons last time who musically are probably the most similar headliner musically/crowd-wise we've had to Sheeran in recent years.

yep, can't disagree with that take on it.

OK, let's go at it another way. Why are they suddenly being suggested for Sunday? Is it because they're thought to be playing but no one knows which slot so it's being guessed at?

Cos if so, plenty of other acts could be guessed into that slot, so there's no particular reason to think of just them, is there?