2017 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

1 hour ago, Alcatraz said:

I really dig all of the Gorillaz tunes I have to say

Andromeda is going to be a monster hit

would be a massive coup if glasto manage to get them to play somewhere on the bill, that sold out DemonDayz can't be their only show, such a waste. 

We got the power, I give you power, Where's the revolution.. lol

Edited by Ovechkin

37 minutes ago, Ovechkin said:

would be a massive coup if glasto manage to get them to play somewhere on the bill, that sold out DemonDayz can't be their only show, such a waste. 

We got the power, I give you power, Where's the revolution.. lol

Yup, could there be a chance? It would have to be a Pyramid sub though wouldn't it

On 3/14/2017 at 9:16 AM, CaledonianGonzo said:

That French Press by The Rolling Blackouts is very Go-betweensy, innit.

Bit late to the party, work has been nuts so just haven't been keeping up to date. Heard one of their tracks on the 6Music playlist, giving the EP a go this morning.  I like.

14 hours ago, eFestivals said:

can you lovely people recommend me some youtube vids of a hot new act, where the tune is something everyone should get to hear, and where they're already announced* for a UK festival this year

(* strong rumoured+ for Glasto, too).

Your choices will be featured in the video of the day section of the site.

Thanks. :)

(I'm stumped for ideas, and with too little time to think and research).

A video in the sense of footage to watch, or is the track the main focus? Cos this is just the track and a still of the album cover

• Upvote 1

The Moondlandingz record is getting some pretty good reviews, has anyone here heard it yet? I'm totally new to them at the Fat Whites, so I don't really know what to expect. Is it physc?

New one from The Bug out today as well, which almost passed me by. He usually pops up somewhere at Glastonbury, so hopefully this record is good and he does again.

11 hours ago, SteveTLizard said:

Pulled Apart By Horses new album promising, I'd definitely like to seem on the farm in June.  Last time they were there they played a tent down in Silver Hayes somewhere, lead singer threw up half way through the set then carried on, rock n roll fella.

That was an absolute belter of a gig, I really hope they're back too.

3 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

It's awful! 

We've got the Power and Andromeda are good though, the latter especially so.

I thought Andromeda was quite noticeably the worst. Didn't think much of the Vince Staples one, but I like the other two. 

Soulwax, Formation, Johnny Flynn & JAMC out today. Already heard the later & thought it was a solid effort without anything too exciting on it. Gonna stick Soulwax on first 

1 minute ago, MattDavies__ said:

I thought Andromeda was quite noticeably the worst. Didn't think much of the Vince Staples one, but I like the other two. 

Soulwax, Formation, Johnny Flynn & JAMC out today. Already heard the later & thought it was a solid effort without anything too exciting on it. Gonna stick Soulwax on first 

Urgh the vocals on Saturnz Barz though.

I find the bassline to Andromeda rather joyful.

Forgot Soulwax was out today. Not listened to their stuff other than the remixes to be honest. I do have e-talking on picture disc vinyl though.