F**k You 2016

Quark

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think we are going to have to get used to this as a more regular occurance over the next few years. 

The rise of celebrity/idol culture of the 1960s and beyond means that naturally a lot of these legends are all now reaching that age where it is sadly their time.

It's the deaths of people taken young that get to me more than the guys and girls that have had a successful and influencial innings.

The political developments on the other hand can absolutely do one!

Edited by mjsell

6 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Think we are going to have to get used to this as a more regular occurance over the next few years. 

The rise of celebrity/idol culture of the 1960s and beyond means that naturally a lot of these legends are all now reaching that age where it is sadly their time.

It's the deaths of people taken young that get to me more than the guys and girls that have had a successful and influencial innings.

The political developments on the other hand can absolutely do one!

They both sting in different ways really.

The young ones had so much left to do, but the old ones have been a part of our lives for many years, in some cases our whole lives.

11 minutes ago, russycarps said:

I didnt actually know mohammed ali was dead until I opened this thread! It seems I was on holiday in lisbon when it happened and so it completely passed me by. Amazing

I went to Lisbon this year too, but fortunately no one died- unless that's when Blake from blakes 7 died- when the heck did that happen?! 

Three things seem to keep happening this year:

1. People going to Portugal on holiday 

2.Horrific political events

3. Greats dying

Edited by Mr.Tease

Just now, Trout Mask Replica said:

Cheers, by far the biggest upset of the year for us. Put a right downer on our festival too. 

Our gang were all wearing tabby cat Bowie shirts as a tribute which was cool tho.

I did see those!  And I did wonder :)

A fitting tribute in that case.

2 hours ago, Quark said:

Seems like this could sit in a lot of threads, so I started one. Title says it all really.

Credit to Dr Dunno for the picture.

2016s.jpg

Can't say I disagree with the sentiment.

I do wish you'd change your sig for this thread though. "Diana Ross for 2017!" gets a very different meaning now.

2016 has been dreadful - losing Bowie and then Prince was dreadful and Brexit and Trump. On a personal note my dad passed away in October after we had nursed him at home, that Leonard Cohen album was always on as we came to terms with his terminal illness and passing and now we have lost him as well. Its hard to take.

Maybe as we get older this is what its like though.