The Unsuccessful

FloorFiller

1 hour ago, mungo57 said:

cheers Russy, thanks again to all for offering to help.

After some soul searching yesterday and a long chat with the other half (some of you will remember my Jeremy Kyle-esque story :p) I have decided to basically beg, steal, borrow or suck dick to get in next year. I have signed up for volunteering info with Shelter, Oxfam and Festaff and will try and get a place with others as well. We also have the resales.

At the mo my other half and her dad don't want to go without the campervan, but we can still buy tickets for them and see where that takes us in April for the resales. If I get a volunteering ticket I will be on my Jack Jones but I don't care. If Radiohead and the Roses are playing I will swim through vomit to get to the farm!

So pleased to read this update.  I'm glad you've sorted things with your OH.

That's the attitude, you will get there if you are determined enough.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was successful in getting tickets but willing to help others come resale if possible and I'm free.

Idea 1 :

Could be worth gathering a list of registrations and postcodes and putting them in a shared google doc spreadsheet. Get people to confirm details, lock the details cells (to prevent others editing). Have a cell for each reg group, red = not bought, green = bought. So if you get tickets for someone, message them and then they can update the cell to green so others looking at the list can skip them and go for other people that are still red.

Idea 2 :

Do up a simple system that has the details in a database and randomly picks someone who hasn't got tickets and shows their details. Therefore equal chance for everyone and no 'priority list'.

Just a few ideas! ;)

Edited by chrismcb

In denial for the last 24 hours .... didn't even get close yesterday after a Thursday failure too. 

It's the first October fail since 2013 but the resale worked then, so we must dust ourselves off and go again in April.

I know I have been very lucky with over 20 years and all good things must come to an end at some point. Just not this one and not yet.

Well after failing for second year in a row I think my Glastonbury days are numbered. Decided if got tickets for next year it would be my last time. Not sure I can wait until April. I get to apply for tickets through other means but have about the same opportunity as ticket day and have to wait until May.  

Thinking about festival abroad for the first time.

I'd recommend Boomtown Fair to anyone that loves Glastonbury but not necessary the "main stages". That's if you don't want to put yourself through the resales. Filled a great big Glastonbury hole for me this year. 

Another lurker here! Come on here regularly to check out the gossip/rumours. Group of 3 all tried on Thursday and Sunday with no success. I managed to get to the holding page 3 times on Sunday for a short time before being booted off. Its going to be a depressing couple weeks to say the least but fingers crossed for april 2017 resale.

Been to 3 glastos, im going to keep positive an hopefully make it 4.

1 hour ago, Miesh said:

So pleased to read this update.  I'm glad you've sorted things with your OH.

That's the attitude, you will get there if you are determined enough.

:D

we have this sort of fight every year about tickets. You should have seen me the year when she fucked her reg number up and wrote it down for me wrong. I spent 10 minutes inputting the wrong number before she realised she had fucked up and by the time she had it was sold out. Literally didn't talk to her for days. The only year I haven't been since 09 was 14 (year after fallow year) and that was mental in the ticket sale and resale and as we were looking for a place around the time of the secret sales I continually missed them. In the end we just gave up. I am very determined so I will be there in some form even if I have to Twix it.

She loves G as much as me but would rather have it handed to her on a plate rather than have to do any work to get herself there if you get me.

Me and my group missed out.

I got my ticket in the resale this year, first time I'd ever gone and loved it so much that I was desperate to go next year whoever played but since the Daft Punk rumours i was desperate for tickets.

My group who I went with have got tickets past 10 years so I was shocked we didn't get them yesterday.

When did secret sales batches start happening last time around?

17 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

Me and my group missed out.

I got my ticket in the resale this year, first time I'd ever gone and loved it so much that I was desperate to go next year whoever played but since the Daft Punk rumours i was desperate for tickets.

My group who I went with have got tickets past 10 years so I was shocked we didn't get them yesterday.

next sale will be April resale with the secret ones unannounced in May after the final cut off date for refunds.

42 minutes ago, craigb said:

42 minutes ago, craigb said:

I'd recommend Boomtown Fair to anyone that loves Glastonbury but not necessary the "main stages". That's if you don't want to put yourself through the resales. Filled a great big Glastonbury hole for me this year. 

I agree Boomtown is the nearest thing to Glastonbury out there and in all honesty is a bit more alternative with a lot less middle class, middle aged punters (like me) there. I will of course try in the resale, but if unsuccessful i'll do Bearded Theory at the end of May and Boomtown in August, with maybe a little something else in between.

17 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

From memory, this year was 12th May following refund deadline, sale lasted 2-3 mins, I managed to get 4, year before was 18th May delayed by extra week following refund deadline due to seetickets refunding issues I think, I managed to get in but people who I were trying for managed to get there first.

you basically have to spend days camped on your pc (no loo breaks or house viewings @mungo57 I remember your pain from that year) and be on here for updates waiting for the window to open and be lightningly quick.

it is doable for the seriously committed. We will all get there next year.

1 minute ago, moheetoes said:

From memory, this year was 12th May following refund deadline, sale lasted 2-3 mins, I managed to get 4, year before was 18th May delayed by extra week following refund deadline due to seetickets refunding issues I think, I managed to get in but people who I were trying for managed to get there first.

you basically have to spend days camped on your pc (no loo breaks or house viewings @mungo57 I remember your pain from that year) and be on here for updates waiting for the window to open and be lightningly quick.

This gives me hope!

I'm still coming to terms with my lack of ticket- people on FB certainly not helping as they all seem to have them!

For me it is like how I view split long haul flights...

once the first flight is complete it is done and over, get on second leg as if you've just arrived and not flown for 10 hrs already.

Let's take the fight to the resales in April fresh as if this Oct sale didn't happen - we will be in the fields again.

Luckily got tickets for 4 of us on Thursday, no luck whatsoever for our other group on Sunday. Not a single one of us even saw the holding page! 

Nevertheless, we're all hopeful for the re-sale! I couldn't imagine a Glastonbury without the rest of our group...

How many tickets can you buy in one go for the resale? Read somewhere earlier that it's 4... if this is the case we'll have space for another Glasto-hopeful if they'd like to team up :)

April, I'm ready for you!

18 minutes ago, Quark said:

Good work that man!

:D

23 minutes ago, moheetoes said:

try telling that to my other half mate :P