The Unsuccessful

FloorFiller

Just now, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Yes, the thing is he swore blind all day that he couldn't possibly have a ticket as nobody else was trying for him, I was even emailing Glastonbury suggesting it was a mistake and something went wrong with my booking but they confirmed he definitely had a ticket, he just kept saying it's not possible. It turns out out a group he has gone with before, but not every year as he isn't in their initial 6 got in again, had his details and got him one. It's nobodies fault but it's soul destroying that in trying to help him out, we all lost out on a ticket and he got one. Not to mention that over the course of a possible 50 minutes it happened at pretty much the same time. It's almost such bad luck that I'm trying to look at is fate and that for some reason it wasn't meant to be.

I'm sure they'll all be trying extra hard for you in April :) I'm trying to stay positive but it's hard for yet another year of missing out in the main sale. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

I'm sure they'll all be trying extra hard for you in April :) I'm trying to stay positive but it's hard for yet another year of missing out in the main sale. 

It is tough, but all the more rewarding doing it the hard way! 

As much I'm depressed and can't stop thinking about it, I have to keep reminding myself that it's utterly meaningless and unimportant in the grand scheme of things, we could all be in a much worse position than not getting tickets for a festival.

Still gutted though :)

Just now, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

It is tough, but all the more rewarding doing it the hard way! 

As much I'm depressed and can't stop thinking about it, I have to keep reminding myself that it's utterly meaningless and unimportant in the grand scheme of things, we could all be in a much worse position than not getting tickets for a festival.

Still gutted though :)

Oh I totally agree. Last year the high I got when I finally got those tickets after all of the heartache was totally worth it all. Just could have done without it all again this yeah! 

I got through to the booking page, entered details, got to card payments, entered those, clicked confirm.... nothing.

It kept hanging me for ages and then just throwing up a kind of error/not found page.  I was clicking back rather than refresh and entering card details again to try again, did this quite a few times and in the end it took me to a page that said I'd taken too long and tickets had been released, then it took me to the Sold Out page!  Gutted!  

I'm not sure whether I could have done anything different - maybe instead of trying with card details again I should have opened up another browser and started F5ing like mad in that, I dunno!  Really frustrating.

To be honest this would be my 6th time & I've been on about working it for years, so maybe this is the kick up the bum I need to do so.  Going to start researching options tonight but my fella is a self employed teacher so any more time off than Thursday - Monday is tricky for him as we start losing too much money from it, so the voluntary option might be tricky for him.  

We'll see.  

7 minutes ago, lydiacafc said:

I got through to the booking page, entered details, got to card payments, entered those, clicked confirm.... nothing.

It kept hanging me for ages and then just throwing up a kind of error/not found page.  I was clicking back rather than refresh and entering card details again to try again, did this quite a few times and in the end it took me to a page that said I'd taken too long and tickets had been released, then it took me to the Sold Out page!  Gutted!  

I'm not sure whether I could have done anything different - maybe instead of trying with card details again I should have opened up another browser and started F5ing like mad in that, I dunno!  Really frustrating.

To be honest this would be my 6th time & I've been on about working it for years, so maybe this is the kick up the bum I need to do so.  Going to start researching options tonight but my fella is a self employed teacher so any more time off than Thursday - Monday is tricky for him as we start losing too much money from it, so the voluntary option might be tricky for him.  

We'll see.  

That's pretty much what happened to me, but the payment wouldn't submit because it came up with "lucky bastard already had a ticket purchased for him" I had to go back to delete him and then I couldn't resubmit because it had locked the rest of our reg numbers out for 10 minutes.

I think it's the worst felling because you were so close and as you say, it gets you thinking what else could I have done? Which can start to drive you a bit mad.

Would much rather not have had a sniff than an open goal.

41 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

That's pretty much what happened to me, but the payment wouldn't submit because it came up with "lucky bastard already had a ticket purchased for him" I had to go back to delete him and then I couldn't resubmit because it had locked the rest of our reg numbers out for 10 minutes.

I think it's the worst felling because you were so close and as you say, it gets you thinking what else could I have done? Which can start to drive you a bit mad.

Would much rather not have had a sniff than an open goal.

Hopefully you'll be able to move past the "what if" thoughts soon.

I really do feel for you, and you will have loads of help in April.

21 hours ago, BlackZeppelin said:

Should be a a targetted resale offer to people who have over a 1000 hits on a Glastonbury festival forum. 

Shouldn't be that hard - my phone sends me stories about Glastonbury town parking issues and lost cats based on my most frequently  searched terms (and I read them)

That would be great but I bet you'd just get people posting just for that reason and not really interested. I'm one to talk, although a member since 2010 I think I hardly post and when I do it's near ticket time or somewhat. Might start getting more involved though.

I do have a fantasy that someone on here notices me from the odd post and says hi! We end up being chums and I meet up at a Glasto meet up. Where I meet others from here one who happens to be a goddess, we fall in love at Glasto and we live happily ever after....

Edited by Indian.Summer

Just adding a post to the unsuccessful thread.  Saw holding page without countdown for both coach sale and main sale and never got any further.  I've been to every festival there's been since 1994, so my luck was bound to run out at some stage, and unfortunately, the "golden-fingered" one of my current group wasn't able to try on Sunday.  Hasn't really sunk in yet...

tumblr_nha8n9ZpN31u6jit4o1_400.jpg

2 hours ago, Indian.Summer said:

I do have a fantasy that someone on here notices me from the odd post and says hi! We end up being chums and I meet up at a Glasto meet up. Where I meet others from here one who happens to be a goddess, we fall in love at Glasto and we live happily ever after....

12 hours ago, Miesh said:

At least you have this.  Mine "only needs to go every 4-5 years" he loves festivals "that are smaller and closer to home" and "don't involve a massive trek though the mud from the car park"

This year we've reached a compromise, he is staying at home.  I'm sad he is not coming but I'd rather go without him than not at all.  Also hopefully someone else will have a fab time with the ticket we could have got for him.

thats a good way of looking at things.

After last years 'festivities' trying to single handedly drag our campsite down to the disabled field on a trolley as Ms. Mungo (not married) carried one rucksack I am happy to do the same this year. I know a few people who have tickets who I can meet with when down there if I get a volunteer place and as such I am happy to camp alone. Can be a bit much for me to be thrust into a massive throng of people I don't know on my tod but thats all part of the fun :D

Plus theres always the efests meet (shifts permitting) for a chat and a social.

i've only just stopped feeling sick enough to even read about anything glastonbury related. every facebook status update from ticket holders was like a knife in my heart  

absolutely devastated. have got tickets in general sale for the last 5 years with no problem. 

i was so confident i would get through. this is the universe reminding me nothing is owed or promised and life is cruel and unfair. and maybe punishing me for gloating in years past. 

either way, we must all succeed in the resales. i didn't get through myself but in years past have managed to get through immediately on resale day. i now have no confidence in my ability to get tickets. 

to all offering help with ticket buying; i imagine you have been inundated with requests but i would chew my own leg off for a ticket and would be more than happy to buy you at least eleven ciders at the festival when we meet and you receive a heroes welcome in return for your help. 

Edited by I feel like Pablo
wasn't finished.

13 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I feel far more comfortableamd happy in this thread than I do reading about people in the other threads who got in 87 times and bought 500 tickets :)

I couldn't sleep last night and feel utterly depressed and hopeless today. I missed out on tickets because an 11th hour submission to our group of 6 had a ticket bought for him about 1 millisecond before I submitted my payment. He couldn't even work out who bought it for him until 9pm yesterday and had to email see to find out. I keep running it over, 1 minute earlier and I would've paid first, 1 minute later and I would've been told on the first screen he already had a ticket and I could've just removed him then. What rubs salt in the wound is that the person he replaced changed their mind on Friday and asked for us to try for them. I contemplated switching them round and putting them as the 6th person but thought I couldn't do that to the new person. Little did I know if I had he would have got a ticket anyway and so would all of my group. I think this is going to take while for me to get over judging by how shit I feel today. 

Gutted.

Oh my. Dreadful. No wonder you are gutted.  If I am looking for the silver lining I'd say you are a good sort :wub: so good karma will come your way. & hopefully also tickets !!

2 minutes ago, chrismcb said:

What way does paying for tickets work, I'm already sorted, but say I get tickets for someone on here in there resale. Are they sent out to me or the person the tickets are for?

sent to the address on the first ticket bought if I remember correctly

19 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

nope, the secret resales are the last few tickets that have been bought in the resale but then cancelled for whatever reason, so it wouldn't work the other way round

Thanks - I'll practice my refresh skills for the next 6 months then :sorry:

As I put in a previous post, people can add their details to the sheet on :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ot5dMRf0SiEb90DY87Ip_XCJHgOEUHfNM0FcHiqSYbg/edit?usp=sharing

Once details are gathered they'd need to be locked (so people can go editing others details) and confirmed by eFesters again after lock. Or the other option is that only certain people can edit and they take care of adding the details people post in this thread.

Can use the sheet above or someone else on here can start one. Would give a better idea who needs tickets.