The Unsuccessful

FloorFiller

I just really want tickets.... As much as any regular on here. I guess not knowing how many people are on the list means that I am hoping to be at least in with a chance with so many people kindly wanting to help out. I wouldn't expect anyone to prioritise me above any regular on here I would just hope that if there were some helpers left after all regulars have a helper that they could possibly help me??  I have no doubt that this is a friendly and welcoming community, I was just giving my experience of trying to be a part of it, albeit to get tickets, I wouldn't try to make out otherwise.. Sorry if I've got anyone's back up.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Reany said:

I just really want tickets.... As much as any regular on here. I guess not knowing how many people are on the list means that I am hoping to be at least in with a chance with so many people kindly wanting to help out. I wouldn't expect anyone to prioritise me above any regular on here I would just hope that if there were some helpers left after all regulars have a helper that they could possibly help me??  I have no doubt that this is a friendly and welcoming community, I was just giving my experience of trying to be a part of it, albeit to get tickets, I wouldn't try to make out otherwise.. Sorry if I've got anyone's back up.

You haven't got anyone's back up! Just hope you can see why we're having this discussion. :)

Right. Finally just about stopped sulking.

Been to all but a couple since 1980something. 14 of us trying on sunday and not a sniff.

I thought it was luck when we were getting them and guess its luck now that we haven't.

Still, maybe just time for someone else to get some that haven't been before or missed out in the past.

Will be nervous for the resale but still hope to be there. If not will be festivaling elsewhere.

I think we can all help each other in some way. I'm sure there will be enough newbies to help each other out if the more regular members group up. I've been on here for about a year and only really post actively around Tday and run up the the festival so I don't for one minute expect to be helped above the people who keep the spirit going on a daily basis. But I do know there are plenty who frequent the forum as little as I do who can group up together.

Doing it on post count will just drive people to post for the sake of it and open up pointless threads, which would be detrimental to the forum.

7 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

You haven't got anyone's back up! Just hope you can see why we're having this discussion. :)

Ok well I'm glad about that. 

Yes I do understand the relevance of this discussion, I didn't know when signing up that this was a group that had meets and all knew each other quite well!? I lucked out on tickets and will try any way to get me and my group there...I'm sure everyone on here will understand that. 

I doubt I will get to over 1000 posts in the next few days, I guess I will just keep positive for the re-sales. At least I got involved in a discussion :) 

Good luck all!

Oh dear, I want to help but it all seems very complicated.   As a suggestion, why not decide on a cut off date for registering for help?

After that others could start a new thread and organise themselves.

There is plenty of time for newbies to contribute between now and the resale.  Or, as we did in our group last year, chat and get to know each other.  I personally didn't get tickets for anyone in the group but we stayed in touch.  I hope to meet them at the festival next year and I got a new Fitbit friend in the process.

Maybe the best thing to do is simply group everyone together and let them get to know each other, adding on Facebook/chatting on Whatsapp or whatever? If anyone thinks something isn't right surely they can simply pull out of the group and try to form another one? It's pretty much what happened last year and, as others have said, I certainly didn't hear of any trust issues. One of the people I got grouped with now has 179 posts - it would've been quite a few less this time last year.

1 minute ago, alibear said:

Maybe the best thing to do is simply group everyone together and let them get to know each other, adding on Facebook/chatting on Whatsapp or whatever? If anyone thinks something isn't right surely they can simply pull out of the group and try to form another one? It's pretty much what happened last year and, as others have said, I certainly didn't hear of any trust issues. One of the people I got grouped with now has 179 posts - it would've been quite a few less this time last year.

i think it's basically gonna come down to either party deciding who they trust to do this for/do this for them. anybody joining now has got six months to try and make friends on the forum and build up some kind of trust, whereas if people think they can just pop up, ask for help and contribute nothing until ticket day comes along again then i think most would agree they can fuck off. i'm sure many regulars will have no problem finding help - newbies are gonna have to work a little harder

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

i think it's basically gonna come down to either party deciding who they trust to do this for/do this for them. anybody joining now has got six months to try and make friends on the forum and build up some kind of trust, whereas if people think they can just pop up, ask for help and contribute nothing until ticket day comes along again then i think most would agree they can fuck off. i'm sure many regulars will have no problem finding help - newbies are gonna have to work a little harder

I haven't read the whole thread - I suspect that I now don't have to as that would sum up the way I thought it was going to pan out. Don't get me wrong, I agree entirely eg. what maniac would, for instance, hand out their card details to a newcomer? I like a game of Russian Roulette like the next person, but that kind of action is certifiable.

Has anybody got a hacksaw blade I could borrow to cut through these bars?

My massive thanks to the creator of this spreadsheet and to anyone wishing to help those of us without tickets. 

I've added my details and my other half but as there are two tickets to get I wouldn't want to put pressure on anyone to help but any help is appreciated and I am also willing to help another pair or 2 single tickets as there will be space on our form if we are to get through. 

Im not sure what's the best way to do it though as there is always a lot of trust involved at this stage. 

I understand the issues of trust and being a newbie or an oldie on here etc hence looking into prepaid cards earlier in this thread,  everyone on here is welcome and has genuinely got one end goal, to get in them there fields next summer and help anyone out who needs to get there, either by ticket buying help, sharing lifts, where to camp advice and where the best food can be found etc.

I've yet to fill out my details in the form, I intend to do it with at least 6 to buy and actually 16 in total it seems a bit greedy to fill up the spreadsheet, but honestly I'm struggling to split my original 6 and maybe form two groups of 4, but who do I leave out......... Or go for my original 6 plus 2 from here....

Can totally see the points regarding new comers. It's to be expected. I'm sure even some of the newcomers would feel the same helping other newcomers!

The sheet was really just to get and idea of who is ticketless. People might see mates of theirs or people they have met before on the list and want to help. The trust is already there in those cases. Even with the list so far people could contact each other and do as others have mentioned, get to know each other between now and resale day. If some people group up then it can be added to the sheet then so we can see who might be sorted for help (can change if people decide they don't trust someone in the group! :) )

My post count is pretty low too! Haven't been to Glastonbury since 2009 and was more a lurker before that but I'll try and get more involved this time around! :D

Edited by chrismcb

As someone who ran the "Those in need of campervan tickets thread" back in 2014, I wish you all luck in the resales and with the spreadsheet.

The campervan thread attracted a lot of newbies who once they had signed up were never to be heard from again. This caused a lot of unnecessary work when passes became available and emails/DM's went unanswered. It became the equivalent of a full time job and I am not exaggerating! 

Before you add your name, consider the work behind this and commit yourself to the cause and help too. And don't add your name if you are trying via other avenues as that will cost the others in your group their chance of a golden ticket.

May you all become The Successful!! :D 

Edited by StoneCircle

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

how would i go about adding my friends to this list who i'm hoping will be included when/if people help me out? just write my username and then their reg number/post code and repeat until they're all down on the list?

Yeah pretty much. Whoever is in your group just add their details with your username so people know it's your group. 

On 12/10/2016 at 9:58 PM, Avalon_Fields said:

We arranged groups of 4 this time last year, added to each group at least one other efest person who was just helping out. This gave the groups the chance to link up well in advance, and hopefully building trust and they worked out between themselves what financial arrangements they were comfortable with. 

No one, as far as I know, got into any difficulties with sharing financial risk within their group because they had got to know each other a little. 

Sounds like a good idea to me.

I mentioned this thread to my group who are all grateful for the help that the volunteers are offering come April.

I have added all 4 of us onto this and will be more than willing to arrange a prepaid credit card come the day so that whoever is our 'helper' doesn't have to spend their own funds x4 and I don't need to sort them out with money afterwards which takes time. After all, to get my group to Glasto will cost a grand.

Eternal thanks to Chris for starting this off.

Edited by mungo57
I swore your name was Craig, sorry mate!

18 hours ago, chrismcb said:

One final change, if you select Volunteer it doesnt ask for your details. Only if you select 'No Ticket'. Hope I didnt mess up anyone adding their details while I changed the form!

It was me trying to add my details while you were changing the form.  It was putting error messages on my screen saying I couldn't add my details.  But I am not one to be put off by Glastonbury ticket error messages :rofl:  and so after a few attempts it let me add us.

Not really comfortable with the talk of excluding people based on post count (or anything really) - don't want this thread to go the way of the infamous camp T**** with its cliques etc.

New people will probably actually enjoy the  festival more than I would because it will be all new to them! 

Edited by Mr.Tease

11 hours ago, arcade fireman said:

Agree with this. 

I agree too.  I've been on various incarnations of Glastonbury boards on and off for years, but have usually lurked, rarely posted.  I'm after 3 tickets and am happy to team up with another 'lowish post count newbie' (for want of a better phrase) who's only after 1 ticket.  Geographically close would be good. I need to look into the prepaid credit card thing.

3 minutes ago, trevethin said:

I agree too.  I've been on various incarnations of Glastonbury boards on and off for years, but have usually lurked, rarely posted.  I'm after 3 tickets and am happy to team up with another 'lowish post count newbie' (for want of a better phrase) who's only after 1 ticket.  Geographically close would be good. I need to look into the prepaid credit card thing.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/prepaid-cards