The Unsuccessful

FloorFiller

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just a lurker to this forum but as with everyone else properly gutted I didn't get tickets. 6 of my lot got coach tickets on the Thursday and even though I had 8 people trying to get me a ticket all at different locations on both Thursday and Sunday I didn't succeed! 

I've added my details to the spreadsheet but I too am wondering how this will work with trusting other people with a big chunk of money in one go. Pre paid card sounds a good shout and if I am somehow lucky enough to get through, I would try for 3 others from here as I am the only one from my group without a ticket!

It's a tricky dilemma this. Me and my other half need tickets and are willing to help 2 others. The most efficient way is for the same others to try for us and the 3rd person (assuming it isn't a couple that helps) and we all use our own cards to pay for all 4 tickets. Massive risk but one worth taking.  I would trust most of the regulars on here and if someone fails to pay them I would imagine see would refund. I don't understand why anyone would do this though as there is no benefit at all as the ticket would ship to the lead Booker address in the resale.

Would be worth pinning this topic if possible.

Edited by Dave_c

5 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

It's a tricky dilemma this. Me and my other half need tickets and are willing to help 2 others. The most efficient way is for the same others to try for us and the 3rd person (assuming it isn't a couple that helps) and we all use our own cards to pay for all 4 tickets. Massive risk but one worth taking.  I would trust most of the regulars on here and if someone fails to pay them I would imagine see would refund. I don't understand why anyone would do this though as there is no benefit at all as the ticket would ship to the lead Booker address in the resale.

There may be some kind efesters on here who are already sorted for tickets and just helping out those ticketless here too, I'm not sure they would pay for 4 tix upfront on their own cards (I may be wrong though) so that would be back to phoning and giving card details over the phone to the kind helpers....

Just now, moheetoes said:

There may be some kind efesters on here who are already sorted for tickets and just helping out those ticketless here too, I'm not sure they would pay for 4 tix upfront on their own cards (I may be wrong though) so that would be back to phoning and giving card details over the phone to the kind helpers....

This is true, in that case then card details would need to be provided either in advance or at the time. Time is of the essence though so phoning someone to get details could be the difference between getting one and not. 

What a pickle!

I've already got my tickets sorted and considering helping others if I can. Did up the list as I thought it would help make it clearer who needed help and who's willing to help etc.

What Dave mentioned is a good idea. Pairing people on the list up as much as possible. Could do that once the list is sorted maybe. Also group them by post code or proximity to each other, as moheetoes said. 

11 hours ago, chrismcb said:

I've already got my tickets sorted and considering helping others if I can. Did up the list as I thought it would help make it clearer who needed help and who's willing to help etc.

What Dave mentioned is a good idea. Pairing people on the list up as much as possible. Could do that once the list is sorted maybe. Also group them by post code or proximity to each other, as moheetoes said. 

Sterling effort, I'm very impressed.  Thanks for stepping up to the task.

I've one question, I've added my details and my son's ... so it would be 2 tickets or none we'd need.  Is this an issue? 

...and I've gone and made a spelling mistake...!!...jeez, I'm going back to bed...zzzz

Edited by DrWackadoodle

Thanks to the poster who created the google docs thing.

I need 4 tickets, I have managed to get the GF's dad on side with still going and her brother wants to go therefore she will go. I won't put our details on the document as I would never expect someone to basically lend me a grand in April albeit temporarily to get the tickets. Thats not that fair.

Maybe the prepaid credit cards would work. Each person that wants tickets loads enough money onto the prepaid card and then gives the number to the efester helping them before the sale. Then that person and the efester can both try and get tickets and if you get the message 'this person already has a ticket' then you know that your efests buddy has got through for you.

That may be the fairest and easiest way to sort tickets out for those that need them.

I will also say thank you to all the efesters that have offered their help to us unsuccessful lot since last weekend. Means a lot to me and I am sure the others that this place has become somewhat of a community and that we are all willing to help each other to get the tickets we need.

You are all legends.

16 minutes ago, DrWackadoodle said:

I've one question, I've added my details and my son's ... so it would be 2 tickets or none we'd need.  Is this an issue?

At the moment there are 4 efest members that have 2 registrations on the list. As 4 tickets can be bought in the resale then 2 of these groups could try for each other, i.e. you try and buy tickets for you, your son and the other 2 while they do the same. Of course this depends on an agreement between users :)

8 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

Maybe the prepaid credit cards would work. Each person that wants tickets loads enough money onto the prepaid card and then gives the number to the efester helping them before the sale. Then that person and the efester can both try and get tickets and if you get the message 'this person already has a ticket' then you know that your efests buddy has got through for you.

Yeah the pre-paid cards might work. Has anyone used them to buy tickets before? Would need to know beforehand if they worked ok as it would be a bit late to find out on the day that they dont.

4 minutes ago, chrismcb said:

At the moment there are 4 efest members that have 2 registrations on the list. As 4 tickets can be bought in the resale then 2 of these groups could try for each other, i.e. you try and buy tickets for you, your son and the other 2 while they do the same. Of course this depends on an agreement between users :)

Yeah the pre-paid cards might work. Has anyone used them to buy tickets before? Would need to know beforehand if they worked ok as it would be a bit late to find out on the day that they dont.

I think they work as normal mastercards/visas - have used them abroad before and they seem to work fine.

They are basically debit cards branded as credit cards so I don't see why they won't work. Explicitly says on the site you can use either a credit or debit card to pay so shouldn't be a problem.

Got 6 months to come up with a cunning plan so I am not too worried just yet :D

53 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

I'll add my deets nearer the time :) I'm back onto the optimism again. It's been a rollercoaster week already ha! 

*waves* Just a quick hi to check you're all still here ;-)

I was trying to get 3 tickets on Sunday; for me, husband & our daughter. 

Thanks to the creator of the form.  I'll add our details to it nearer the time.

Must dash.  Am supposed to be up a ladder glossing some fascia boards ...

I haven't read through the whole thread, but one way would be for those wanting tickets to transfer the money into the volunteer's account a couple of days before the festival, and the volunteer sharing their card details on the morning of the ticket sale (or evening before).

That way, all parties are taking a slight risk. If none of the group is successful (which I'm sure won't happen!), the volunteer can just transfer the money back as soon as the tickets sale is over. If they don't, they can use the fact that they still have the card details and can just buy £240 worth of stuff! (or something). Those grouped together (by post code or whatever) can form their own Whatsapp/email group to arrange how they're going to do things, so as few people as possible have card details.

This website has helped me out so much, and luckily I've managed to return the favour too. I've given out my card details, taken the details of others (then promptly deleted, of course) and transferred money to those kind enough to be out of pocket for a few hours or so by paying for my ticket until I hand the money back. I have every faith in everyone here, so will happily be a volunteer on resale day.

We can make it work, just need to make sure that if we group up that we don't have others trying for us at the same time. I would be royally pissed off if I was trying for 2 others only to get through and be told that those registrations already had tickets, then miss out for myself due to the time delay due to having to update the form etc.

I've had a quick look at some prepaid credit cards, the one which looks ok currently for me is pockit, using MasterCard. Some awards etc, but I'm going to read terms and reviews fully before committing, if I decide to go down this route. No fees for transferring funds onto it, unless adding via pay points across the UK.

transferring funds via debit cards is free and instant, bacs takes 3-5 days for funds available.

from what I can gather, you'd want to preload funds in good time before the resale, not too long though, as isn't covered by financial services compensation scheme if it goes bust. I'm going to check out the company's latest accounts and any associated businesses also, for my own peace of mind.

im not sure if there would be any risk in this format not being accepted to purchase tickets as is issued under licence from MasterCard, maybe a quick check with see tickets would suffice.

We arranged groups of 4 this time last year, added to each group at least one other efest person who was just helping out. This gave the groups the chance to link up well in advance, and hopefully building trust and they worked out between themselves what financial arrangements they were comfortable with. 

No one, as far as I know, got into any difficulties with sharing financial risk within their group because they had got to know each other a little. 

24 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

We arranged groups of 4 this time last year, added to each group at least one other efest person who was just helping out. This gave the groups the chance to link up well in advance, and hopefully building trust and they worked out between themselves what financial arrangements they were comfortable with. 

No one, as far as I know, got into any difficulties with sharing financial risk within their group because they had got to know each other a little. 

This is the way I think it would work best. Any idea on the success rate of this last year??

9 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

This is the way I think it would work best. Any idea on the success rate of this last year??

It worked for me and another efester who was after a ticket. I got her ticket in the resale and I secured a ticket on the Sunday. We had another volunteer (who already had a ticket) helping too. They also roped in some friends to help, all of whom were completely trustworthy. I'd definitely recommend this system again :-)