The Unsuccessful

FloorFiller

10 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

We arranged groups of 4 this time last year, added to each group at least one other efest person who was just helping out. This gave the groups the chance to link up well in advance, and hopefully building trust and they worked out between themselves what financial arrangements they were comfortable with. 

No one, as far as I know, got into any difficulties with sharing financial risk within their group because they had got to know each other a little. 

seems a fair way of doing things, well worked.

I'll probably sit the helper groups out as I don't feel its fair asking an efester to fuck around trying to get 4 tickets for me. If that turns out to be fine, I will likely get a prepaid credit card and give my efest buddy the number and details to work from and that way I know I am safe as do they, they won't be spending their own money and risking not getting it back and I won't be handing a 'stranger' my card details.

Not that I don't trust you lovely people on here :)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Dave_c said:

This is the way I think it would work best. Any idea on the success rate of this last year??

I was saved last year by this initiative.

Teamed up with the same people this year and we are all sorted for tickets. So I am available to help. Must wade through this thread to find out how.

I luckily got tickets on Sunday but am more than happy to help. With regards to payment... can you actually use a credit card in the resales or is it debit card only like in the main sales? One way to possibly get around it is setting up a second bank account if people are worried about having their account emptied. It's generally easy enough to get a basic account with a debit card attached and the only risk is losing the ticket cost which you'd specifically transfer in to the account rather than having your main account emptied.

1 minute ago, Digi said:

I luckily got tickets on Sunday but am more than happy to help. With regards to payment... can you actually use a credit card in the resales or is it debit card only like in the main sales? One way to possibly get around it is setting up a second bank account if people are worried about having their account emptied. It's generally easy enough to get a basic account with a debit card attached and the only risk is losing the ticket cost which you'd specifically transfer in to the account rather than having your main account emptied.

Credit cards fine now. Main sale and resale.

2 hours ago, Watergirl said:

I looked at the spreadsheet but that seems to be only for ticket needers.

It would be good if there was somewhere for helpers to sign up (@chrismcb).

I have the Volunteers column unlocked so anyone can update, but thats more for later when people a grouped together.

I'll see if I can add something to the same sheet or else just a new sheet.

2 hours ago, Digi said:

That would only work if you had other people trying for just you. If there are 4 people in a group buying tickets, the payment is a single transaction of about £1000!

1 hour ago, Dave_c said:

That would only work if you had other people trying for just you. If there are 4 people in a group buying tickets, the payment is a single transaction of about £1000!

True and none of our group got a sniff of the ticket page so we have 6 to buy for our immediate group, 16 in total required in April from us (me) as I seem to be the only one who ever gets through, Sunday excepted... Gonna need all the help I can get....... Oh and £4k of available funds ouch, credit card (not prepaid) it will be then.

4 minutes ago, chrismcb said:

Ok updated the form slightly. You can select 'No Ticket' or 'Volunteer'. But remember to enter reg details when selecting 'No Ticket' but not required for 'Volunteer'.

Form : https://goo.gl/forms/JX4FZE2xidzT0Ku93

Just added as a volunteer, but just realised I didn't add my post code, which I guess is needed if we're going to be grouped by region?

Edit: Ignore me, realised it's only those needing tickets who should be near each other!

Edited by alibear

Have just signed up but will need 4 tickets, how will you know how many tickets people need? 

Sorry if I've missed a post explaining things! I've been trying to keep up since Sunday!

Love this community, it's exactly why I'm so heartbroken that I didn't get the tickets this year :( Can't bear the thought of not being there...

Are we going to have a prospective cut off for new sign ups for this? This isn't aimed personally at anyone who's newly registered, and nor is it to say those already signed up shouldn't be included.

But we likely will have a bunch of people signing up just to take advantage of this, and I wondered what everyone's opinions were on this...

Just a stab in the dark but surely all the regulars on here were newbies once! Everyone on here is here for the love of Glastonbury and wanting to be there, not for any other reason! I may not have put many posts on here (I have tried to get into discussions) but it seems quite tight knit... Help get me and 3 friends a ticket and hopefully I can meet up with some of you like minded people and share weird and wonderful Glastonbury tales over a few ciders! :) 

5 minutes ago, Reany said:

Just a stab in the dark but surely all the regulars on here were newbies once! Everyone on here is here for the love of Glastonbury and wanting to be there, not for any other reason! I may not have put many posts on here (I have tried to get into discussions) but it seems quite tight knit... Help get me and 3 friends a ticket and hopefully I can meet up with some of you like minded people and share weird and wonderful Glastonbury tales over a few ciders! :) 

I know - not aimed at you personally however if 100 more people join up as new members just for this and each put three more people on, it sort of takes away from the point of a community pitching together. We all know a bunch of deserving people will eventually get those 15,000 tickets (or however many) either way. 

Nothing wrong with a few newbies - it's just where to draw the line that I think is worth having a discussion about.

Edited by arcade fireman

9 minutes ago, Reany said:

I think it's generally a friendly and welcoming place, I don't however think you can blame people who already have tickets wanting to prioritise helping people that they may have got to know on here over several years, and may have even met at one or several of the meets at Glastonbury before. That's not me by the way, I've been on here for a while, I missed out on tickets, but I know for a fact that there are many more people on here who have been on here for a while, who deserve the help more than me.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

1 minute ago, arcade fireman said:

I think the worst case scenario would be saying people over say 1,000 posts can only be part of this. Despite being in that category I wouldn't agree with that.

However I also think having a cut off is needed. Whether it's from now, or from the date of the initial sale I don't know. 

I agree with you, and that's as somebody without tickets and less than 1000 posts, as I know there are people on here who deserve the help more than me. You could possibly sort the spread sheet by post count or up votes and work down? Not sure how workable that would be.

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I agree with you, and that's as somebody without tickets and less than 1000 posts, as I know there are people on here who deserve the help more than me. You could possibly sort the spread sheet by post count or up votes and work down? Not sure how workable that would be.

Speaking as someone with five times as many posts as you, I don't know if doing it as much on post counts is that fair either. I think people who've clearly been on here a while and been here contributing purely for the enjoyment of the place etc should be treated pretty equally.