The Unsuccessful

FloorFiller

7 minutes ago, chrismcb said:

As I put in a previous post, people can add their details to the sheet on :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ot5dMRf0SiEb90DY87Ip_XCJHgOEUHfNM0FcHiqSYbg/edit?usp=sharing

Once details are gathered they'd need to be locked (so people can go editing others details) and confirmed by eFesters again after lock. Or the other option is that only certain people can edit and they take care of adding the details people post in this thread.

Can use the sheet above or someone else on here can start one. Would give a better idea who needs tickets.

That's a very good idea!
I think I just managed to add my details onto there..? 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, danegg said:

That's a very good idea!
I think I just managed to add my details onto there..? 

Yeah just saw them added. Just looking here, I can create a form which means that people would submit from the form which would automatically add to the sheet. That would mean we could lock the sheet so no one could go in and remove other peoples data. Will see how it works out.

Ok so I think this may work better :

Goto : https://goo.gl/forms/JX4FZE2xidzT0Ku93

Fill out that form. It adds the details to the sheet here :
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B63zrzUjsT9j9Czfjhpk4ANrA4iwXh1UX-_hf_FuChg/edit?usp=sharing

Note that the link to the sheet is now different. Once details are added only I (currently) can edit them, can add others here that are always on here. This just prevents some random person going in and editing everyones details.

Edited by chrismcb

10 minutes ago, chrismcb said:

Ok so I think this may work better :

Goto : https://goo.gl/forms/JX4FZE2xidzT0Ku93

Fill out that form. It adds the details to the sheet here :
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B63zrzUjsT9j9Czfjhpk4ANrA4iwXh1UX-_hf_FuChg/edit?usp=sharing

Note that the link to the sheet is now different. Once details are added only I (currently) can edit them, can add others here that are always on here. This just prevents some random person going in and editing everyones details.

That is top top work. Have added my details. Very easy to use system. 

2 hours ago, mjsell said:

What programmes/site do people use to track webpage changes? Thought I might as well set them up now.

one place might http://www.checkpage.co.uk which proved to be very successful for the unofficial resale this year.

It'll send you both of an email and a text - so it has a cost associated because of the costs of texts, so won't be for everyone.

It's a creation of mine, and any profits from it helps to finance efestivals.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

one place might http://www.checkpage.co.uk which proved to be very successful for the unofficial resale this year.

It'll send you both of an email and a text - so it has a cost associated because of the costs of texts, so won't be for everyone.

Can second this :) although it didn't quite work for me last year due to work it's definitely the best way of seeing page changes! 

5 hours ago, chrismcb said:

What way does paying for tickets work, I'm already sorted, but say I get tickets for someone on here in there resale. Are they sent out to me or the person the tickets are for?

Yes all 4 tix bought in resale go to lead bookers address, so there is the added stress of ticket delivery if you have to forward onto others in that group. I was in this position last year

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

forgot about your page for the resales Neil. Will definitely be all over that come May.

4 minutes ago, moheetoes said:

Yes all 4 tix bought in resale go to lead bookers address, so there is the added stress of ticket delivery if you have to forward onto others in that group. I was in this position last year

Ok so if you were buying for 4 efesters, not part of a group / dont know each other, the first reg details gets all the tickets sent out to them? And its full ticket amount in the resale isn't it?

4 minutes ago, chrismcb said:

Ok so if you were buying for 4 efesters, not part of a group / dont know each other, the first reg details gets all the tickets sent out to them? And its full ticket amount in the resale isn't it?

Correct, I have at least 6 to get, maybe you could sort your doc by postcode? So if there are single people wanting tix, they could be local to each other... Not sure if it would work fully, for my group of 6 is not a problem as can all be sent to one address even hose that aren't close by, we all travel down together anyway. Maybe an extra column if could be grouped together when people add their details, I've had a quick look and will try to populate my group details in a few days. Sterling work by the way

or grouped by efesters name then by postcode, doh didn't think of that in my initial reply

Edited by moheetoes

Yeah its a bit different with general sale as people just put deposit down. But with full amount I'm sure plenty are worried about getting caught out and not getting cash. The same the other way too, I can't imagine some people wanting to give out their card details. But I guess the well known eFesters on here will be less risky to try for as many know they can be trusted. I put the sheet together as there were alot of people saying they would help others in the resale.

In saying that most likley it will be the well know eFesters getting the most people trying for them! Maybe not as many for the new guys.

Edited by chrismcb

1 minute ago, chrismcb said:

Yeah its a bit different with general sale as people just put deposit down. But with full amount I'm sure plenty are worried about getting caught out and not getting cash. The same the other way too, I can't imagine some people wanting to give out their card details. But I guess the well known eFesters on here will be less risky to try for as many know they can be trusted. I put the sheet together as there were alot of people saying they would help others in the resale.

if you want help with tix unfortunately I can't see another way than giving your card details to a 'helper' by this method over the phone, it isn't great but I can't see another workable solution, as the card being used will get hit for £1k for 4 tix.

2 minutes ago, chrismcb said:

Didn't even think about how much trust is involved there.
Although, actually, there wouldn't be much to gain from getting someone to purchase you a ticket and not paying, would there? As all the tickets would be send to the first person in the group anyway? I understand from above that's how it works?
Does anyone know if it's possible to cancel tickets with see once the whole amount has been paid- just thinking in the unlikely event that someone then doesn't pay?

Just now, danegg said:

Although, actually, there wouldn't be much to gain from getting someone to purchase you a ticket and not paying, would there? As all the tickets would be send to the first person in the group anyway? I understand from above that's how it works?
Does anyone know if it's possible to cancel tickets with see once the whole amount has been paid- just thinking in the unlikely event that someone then doesn't pay?

Yes you could subject to the £20 admin fee if funds weren't transferred from the ticketless, right up to the refund deadline early May.

as a faith gesture the ticketless could transfer the admin fee upfront if the 'helper' was to use their own cards, the risk is if someone else's card (your helper) doesn't have enough available funds but you would save vital seconds doing this way.

i don't know the right answer

3 minutes ago, danegg said:

One scenario could be you buying someone a ticket, they delay paying you and turns out they cant go so then disappear. Might be unlikely but its possible or they simply just dont pay you as the ticket will be sent out to them anyways.

Mmmmh, not sure with someone using their card to buy someone else's.

i guess the person paying has the reg details, postcode, booking confirmation and the card they paid with so in 'theory' could cancel that ticket as funds would be returned to the card which originally paid?????

i dunno, my head hurts now

we need to know what info see tickets would need to cancel a ticket in this scenario - maybe address and email associated with the reg - the 'helper' would need this too ....

still don't know the right answer

Edited by moheetoes

2 minutes ago, moheetoes said:

Mmmmh, not sure with someone using their card to buy someone else's.

i guess the person paying has the reg details, postcode, booking confirmation and the card they paid with so in 'theory' could cancel that ticket as funds would be returned to the card which originally paid?????

i dunno, my head hurts now

Yeah, on the site it says :

If you are unable to come to the Festival, and require a refund for your ticket, please contact See Tickets on 01158 960073 before midnight Friday May 5th 2017.

A £20 administration charge will be retained from all refunded tickets.

Might be worth people checking out the pre paid credit cards (so people volunteering dont have their proper credit card details) if people want to go that route. Otherwise it will be eFesters who know each other happily paying for their mate as they know they are good for the money. If I do get a chance to help out on resale day I'd likely just do 1 ticket.

Quite a bit people would need to get worked out between everyone before the resale!

Its definitely a case of buying for trustworthy and regular users and the reverse of that - trusting a regular user with your card details if they get through.

I'd be more than happy to pass over card details once someone is on the ticket page as long as they are a regular poster on here.

5 minutes ago, chrismcb said:

Yeah, on the site it says :

Might be worth people checking out the pre paid credit cards (so people volunteering dont have their proper credit card details) if people want to go that route. Otherwise it will be eFesters who know each other happily paying for their mate as they know they are good for the money. If I do get a chance to help out on resale day I'd likely just do 1 ticket.

Quite a bit people would need to get worked out between everyone before the resale!

Prepaid credit cards seem a viable option to investigate, 

cancelling tix is possible, just not sure if a helper had paid for someone else, whether the helper could then cancel that ticket in the event of non-payment without knowing their address email etc in addition to reg and postcode?

8 minutes ago, moheetoes said:

Prepaid credit cards seem a viable option to investigate, 

cancelling tix is possible, just not sure if a helper had paid for someone else, whether the helper could then cancel that ticket in the event of non-payment without knowing their address email etc in addition to reg and postcode?

My head hurts now. I'm out, too complicated! :lol: