King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard

Mash011

• 3 weeks later...

I assume no chance of Glastonbury. I keep hope they show up on EU festivals between their 18 June to 31 July gap in their schedule. I was also assuming that gap will have a string of UK shows so was hopeful but feel very unlikely now. Especially since they were never on the 2020 poster (which was a huge miss IMO). 

15 minutes ago, mpdow2 said:

I assume no chance of Glastonbury. I keep hope they show up on EU festivals between their 18 June to 31 July gap in their schedule. I was also assuming that gap will have a string of UK shows so was hopeful but feel very unlikely now. Especially since they were never on the 2020 poster (which was a huge miss IMO). 

Still a decent chance. Like you say, there's still a large gap in their schedule and they posted the 2022 tour poster on Facebook earlier this week and noted that more dates are to be announced. They were due to play Latitude in 2020 (and aren't this year) so their plans haven't just rolled over to 2022. 

5 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Still a decent chance. Like you say, there's still a large gap in their schedule and they posted the 2022 tour poster on Facebook earlier this week and noted that more dates are to be announced. They were due to play Latitude in 2020 (and aren't this year) so their plans haven't just rolled over to 2022. 

Finger's crossed. I wonder where they would place?

21 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

They were due to play Latitude in 2020 (and aren't this year) so their plans haven't just rolled over to 2022. 

Latitude haven't announced their lineup yet so there's nothing ruling them out right? There's a decent chance of me going to Latitude this year and it'd be great to have them as an option.

Just now, Miyn said:

Latitude haven't announced their lineup yet so there's nothing ruling them out right? There's a decent chance of me going to Latitude this year and it'd be great to have them as an option.

They haven't? My bad. I did a quick Google but must have been last year's poster. I reckon they'll show up there!

11 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

They haven't? My bad. I did a quick Google but must have been last year's poster. I reckon they'll show up there!

I think they're probably headlining the tent, like they were meant to in 2020. Although judging on previous years, it looks like they're only given an hour which is absurd. Will be interesting to see what the setlist looks like if they can only play for 1h, never seen them before so don't really know what to expect. I guess you just have to go in with an open mind and not be too precious about what songs they decide to play?

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/8/2022 at 6:04 PM, JSmurphy said:

Gizz’s 20th album: Omnium Gatherum

It's a double album. 2️⃣

Originally planned as a collection of unreleased songs, Omnium Gatherum became a project where the full band recorded new music. 🎙️

Stu Mackenzie: "I think we’re entering into our ‘jammy period.’ It feels good.” 👀