King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard

Mash011

51 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

The Kings. Saw a LOT of music this year including giants like Metallica, PJ, RHCP and Gizz outdid nearly all of them. 

Put them on literally every festival they will play.

Literally. Saw them four times at Primavera and they were absolutely outstanding. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, scatteredscreens said:

Same here, a musical experience for the history books seeing a band so many times in 4 different venues with 4 different setlists. So good.

Which one was your favourite? Mine was the Sala Apolo gig, simply because Hell was my most wanted song and Plastic Boogie was my partners. We lost our shit when we got both! The gig at Razzmatazz on the Tuesday was hard work though, King Giz finished and had a flight to catch 5 hours later! 

1 minute ago, BenG92 said:

Could have cried when they closed the first set on The Dripping Tap. Been mentally begging for it in the entire run-up. I danced like a loon for the entire thing. 

Omnium Gatherum is top tier Giz. Took a while to grow on me but it's brilliant. Dripping Tap of course being the standout. 

12 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Which one was your favourite? Mine was the Sala Apolo gig, simply because Hell was my most wanted song and Plastic Boogie was my partners. We lost our shit when we got both! The gig at Razzmatazz on the Tuesday was hard work though, King Giz finished and had a flight to catch 5 hours later! 

The Razzmatazz gig was maybe mine. I'd have said the W2 set but that was when I was getting quite ill, I didn't even make the last day of Weekend 2 as I was so ill!

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

Might be getting ahead of myself but with London only I could see another date being added if those two shift quickly. 

More likely they'll come back and do a festival or two, I think. These will sell out easily and then somewhere like All Points East and/or Green Man or whatever can announce them. The fact they're fairly early in the year suggests to me they'll do another visit in the summer.