Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

3 minutes ago, modern_age said:

Also saw them at Primavera, They were shocking!
They barley played anything from 'We are the 21st century...' and I was completely uninterested in Star Power.   

They played 4 songs from both We Are... and Star Power, although I can understand why you wouldn't think so as the songs were barely distinguishable from each other and the set was a mess.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

They played 4 songs from both We Are... and Star Power, although I can understand why you wouldn't think so as the songs were barely distinguishable from each other and the set was a mess.

Ahhh you're right!
Must have slipped my mind. I just remember being bored with the on stage banter and the shocking rendition of No Destruction. 

I saw them in London and was expecting a Star Power-heavy set, but what confused me more was the omission of "How Can You Really?". The best song on the album and also the lead fucking single! Who doesn't play the lead single off their new album? That and leaving the stage for 10 minutes in the middle, leaving a record skipping a snippet of "San Fransisco" over and over, that just felt like was mocking us. It had the potential to be fun, with the dancing backing singers and all, but yeah it was a mess.

End of the Road looks like a good line up this year - hoping for quite a few of those names on the line up.

Also notice Mac Demarco has an odd 2 month gap between some UK dates which Glastonbury falls into, kind of hoping he's sticking around and doing festivals in that time... Though he doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would do the same festival two years in a row.

On 07/02/2017 at 10:55 AM, big__phil said:

Regarding Soulwax, has anyone heard the soundtrack they did last year? Would they be touring that, or should we expect new material? Can't seem to find much online regarding a new record.

On 07/02/2017 at 11:05 AM, MattDavies__ said:

They put out a new track late last year, so I imagine there will be new material in the tour setlist. 

As well as that, they've confirmed the recreation of their DEEWEE studio, along with three drummers, will be back on the road, as well as new material. That should work sooooo well!

Cp_G3HOXYAAq4jN.jpg

Drummers include Sepultura's Iggor Cavalera (his wife will also be doing things) and Vic Smith from Real Lies and Jamie T's band.

35 minutes ago, FrancisH said:

End of the Road looks like a good line up this year - hoping for quite a few of those names on the line up.

Also notice Mac Demarco has an odd 2 month gap between some UK dates which Glastonbury falls into, kind of hoping he's sticking around and doing festivals in that time... Though he doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would do the same festival two years in a row.

demarco is billed as a festival exclusive for EOTR

10 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Bestival are announcing at 7.30 tomorrow morning.

Is it me or are a lot of festivals going "full poster" very early this year?

I guess in the current competitive climate every festival is fighting for the punters money.

Lots of people will want to know the line up prior to parting with their cash of course.

Glastonbury is different in that regard as it sells out year on year. The other festivals simply can't rely on that.

3 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I guess in the current competitive climate every festival is fighting for the punters money.

Lots of people will want to know the line up prior to parting with their cash of course.

Glastonbury is different in that regard as it sells out year on year. The other festivals simply can't rely on that.

True, time was when festivals would only give you a headliner around this time of year confident that they would sell out anyway.

None of the various medium-sized festivals we have seen over the last few days have had headliners that are especially inspiring (who's going to book just to see The Vaccines or Stereophonics?) So it makes sense to release the whole thing.

10 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

I'm not sure where your point is coming from.

Really, I don't understand what you're saying. Try again.

I think he's implying that the money the festival is taking in is not reflected by the lineup. Obviously missing the point entirely, but when doesn't Gazza?

Just now, Tuna said:

I think he's implying that the money the festival is taking in is not reflected by the lineup. Obviously missing the point entirely, but when doesn't Gazza?

Ah, thanks for clarifying Tuna.

@thewayiam I guess it's subjective, isn't it? My £200 pays for at least 25 acts that I definitely want to see (with more to be added), subject to clashes, plus there'll be more that I'll stumble across over the weekend. Then there's the unique setting, theme and creativity arguably only rivalled by the south-east corner at Glastonbury, which is one of my favourite areas of the festival. Personally I think £200 remains great value, given the prices of one-off arena and stadium gigs and I'm confident it'll be money well spent. I'm certain that 60,000 other people will agree with me in the coming weeks

27 minutes ago, Tuna said:

That's pretty obvious, if a fest is costing an amount and someone is asking where the money vs lineup is coming from, what else will it be.

13 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

@thewayiam I guess it's subjective, isn't it? My £200 pays for at least 25 acts that I definitely want to see (with more to be added), subject to clashes, plus there'll be more that I'll stumble across over the weekend. Then there's the unique setting, theme and creativity arguably only rivalled by the south-east corner at Glastonbury, which is one of my favourite areas of the festival. Personally I think £200 remains great value, given the prices of one-off arena and stadium gigs and I'm confident it'll be money well spent. I'm certain that 60,000 other people will agree with me in the coming weeks

I get all that but I think all I said is that I'm not sure where the £200 is. If you have enough in the experience and what you can see then that's fine. I don't believe I have questioned anyone else's choice to pay that, I used your money in general terms of that price. 

As you say though subjective in clashes. I just expect more for that money, headliners are for example WHs at the highest.

48 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

horses for courses and all that, and there's plenty on that boomtown line-up ... yet it feels weaker than it's been previously, with the biggest new idea seemingly to book lots more DJs.

Maybe the next announcement or two will fatten it up.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

horses for courses and all that, and there's plenty on that boomtown line-up ... yet it feels weaker than it's been previously, with the biggest new idea seemingly to book lots more DJs.

Maybe the next announcement or two will fatten it up.

I assume you'd like to see more reggae?