The Park 2017

Tuna

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

It's not often I ditch out of a set half way through but I did for these lads at 6music fest. They're not bad or anything, just not very interesting. They've no business headlining a stage 

Came in to say exactly this. Dull in the extreme. Take themselves far too seriously as well. We had a much better time downstairs drinking diesel. 

On 15/06/2017 at 4:31 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

The latter.  In fact, I'd hazard a guess at it being pretty empty.

Whats it like at Glastonbury seeing a headliner which maybe will have a small crowd? My plan is to see some Foos, but then go to see Warpaint who I rather like. It may be a bit rubbish tho if its me and a handful of others there!

Been amping myself up for that four act run on the Friday (Margo Price, Hamilton Leithauser, Mark Lanegan, Angel Olsen) by listening to all their albums in the scorching sun. Now incredibly excited for Leithauser and Lanegan whereas before I was seeing them more out of convenience (Lanegan especially). Excited to spend some quality time up at the Park. Sun blazing for all of these tar!

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Let's talk about Hamilton Leithauser. I went with very high hopes and he blew them out of the water. I prefer this record to anything he's done with The Walkmen, bar The Rat. Sorry Russy.

My man... his solo work has been more or less where the Walkmen left off but with fewer guitars. And then The Rat sounds as if it could be a completely different guy to that era and the following solo material. You are making NO SENSE right now.

But yeah this shit was fucking incredible - peak Park Stage.

My run of Margo Price - Hamilton Leithauser - Mark Lanegan - Angel Olsen ended up being one of my most joyous of the whole festival. Right at the front for all of em, all put on great performances, and the lovely weather sure did help. Glad I got to spend the best part of a day up there - always a pleasure.