Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I forgot about Talk Show Host, but they don't seem to know how to end it.  Spectre is alright, but not as good as everyone says.  The Harry Patch song is quite powerful actually.  So that's two - SuperCollider and Harry Patch (In Memory Of) that's up there with the album tracks.

I've obviously forgotten some - it's harsh to say none of them are as good as the album tracks - but in general, I really don't rate most of the singles/b-sides, even those listed above.  To me they would all be relatively weak album tracks, although admittedly not the weakest.

Or maybe I've just not listened to them enough.

You're absolutely right about Talk Show Host. It feels like the song could just go on forever on a loop. It's a bit of a fart in church ending when they do it live :P

5 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

I saw Easy Star All Stars do 'Let Down' at the Park one year. At that point it seemed like the closest I was going to get to hearing it live.  I really enjoyed their set.

I don't imagine we can convert you, Neil, but at least if you force yourself to watch Radiohead you can berate us for a few years after with the benefit of experience. :D

We've seen Easy Stars a few times, he copes with that.  I quite fancy seeing Radiohead, I used to like them a lot, does depend on what's elsewhere though.  I can't imagine for a minute Neil will like it and if it's drizzling, not a chance.  I reckon the three song rule won't last for one and a half. :lol:

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Kizzie said:

We've seen Easy Stars a few times, he copes with that.  I quite fancy seeing Radiohead, I used to like them a lot, does depend on what's elsewhere though.  I can't imagine for a minute Neil will like it and if it's drizzling, not a chance.  I reckon the three song rule won't last for one and a half. :lol:

If he can stick out Bruce Springsteen he can damn well stick out radiohead!

10 minutes ago, Kizzie said:

3 song rule??

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I reckon you should give a band three songs to try and grab your attention before you bail.

Then again, when you know its Bruce Springsteen, do you need three songs to know you hate it? :P

3 minutes ago, Kizzie said:

If the first 3 ain't bangers.....he's out!

Perfectly rational behaviour on both counts.

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I reckon you should give a band three songs to try and grab your attention before you bail.

Then again, when you know its Bruce Springsteen, do you need three songs to know you hate it? :P

christ if Radiohead continue on their new album opening run then there isn't much hope for you sticking around :lol: a great song done badly, a slow slow ballad and either a mid tempo plodder or a bunch of electronic noodling*

* i love all the songs but wanted to sell my point

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Daydreaming is a fantastic bit of work, but as the second song of a gig - to convince the sceptical - it's not gonna be happening.

yeah it should definitely be included in the set but like you say, as a second song it really doesn't get the blood pumping, especially coming after a limp Burn the Witch

Just now, zahidf said:

Saying that, unlikely to be a greatest hits. Unless they start off with creep like reading!

judging by their recent setlists, it'll almost certainly be as 'greatest hits' as you can expect from Radiohead without them resorting to just playing all the singles. they've been pulling some real treats out of the bag on this tour - the polar opposite of TKOL tour

A lot of people keep suggesting they won't play a festival friendly set. Where is this view point coming from? Every festival they've played this year has been as casual friendly as it gets. I know they have a history of awkward set lists but the very clear trend for this tour is plenty of casual fan faves. 

Their Glastonbury set list will be too festival friendly if anything!

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

OUTLAW PETE...

i'm a bit biased, but still one of the greatest all-time sets on the farm for me. but for him and for a crowd curious about what the fuss was all about, just so poorly timed with the release that year of an album that opened with one of his longest/worst tracks of his career and which he stubbornly insisted on playing early on in his sets until someone (Little Steven, Jon Landau, surely someone...haven't got to that chapter yet in his book) must have pulled him aside and told him to stop playing it...