Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

12 hours ago, nikkic said:

Same here. First 3 tracks on Pablo Honey are OK, but the rest is poor. Only Creep to be played at Glasto please, purely for the sing-a-long. 3/10.

Have you reached the end of the album ha? Blow Out is probably the best song they'd done to date imo

Edited by Chawk

15 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Do they ever play the song The Bends? I fucking love it so much. Reminds me of being a very young teenager and being on the brink of my life about to start. That at Glastonbury... fuck.

They've definitely played it at a couple of the recent gigs. Mentioned above I've got a feeling they'll stick that in after Burn the Witch at Glastonbury

Edited by SwedgeAntilles

43 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Do they ever play the song The Bends? I fucking love it so much. Reminds me of being a very young teenager and being on the brink of my life about to start. That at Glastonbury... fuck.

A light and possibly inaccurate checking tells me they've played it once since '09.  Mexico, where they went batshit with thew woaaah-ohhhs.

They know Glasto would also go mental with the woaaah-ohhhs.

Have faith in Ed.  He always used to be the one to do the setlist.

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

They've definitely played it at a couple of the recent gigs. Mentioned above I've got a feeling they'll stick that in after Burn the Witch at Glastonbury

I think I'd explode if the burst in to The Bends second. It'd be a genuine health risk!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, tevaburger said:

OUTLAW PETE...

i'm a bit biased, but still one of the greatest all-time sets on the farm for me. but for him and for a crowd curious about what the fuss was all about, just so poorly timed with the release that year of an album that opened with one of his longest/worst tracks of his career and which he stubbornly insisted on playing early on in his sets until someone (Little Steven, Jon Landau, surely someone...haven't got to that chapter yet in his book) must have pulled him aside and told him to stop playing it...

It's the stretch of songs between 7 and 11 in that Setlist that are the true killer. reactions I've always heard to be marmite - either legendary or dullest day ever - but I think he did himself no favours there, and that comes from me, who is named here for a Bruce song.

I'd love him to come back in 17 to wrap up The River tour, with a setlist inspired by the US stadium dates. but as I've said before, kind of want a Pyramid headliner I'll be happy to miss.

Just fell asleep to kid A - is there any better way to crash out with a beer on Friday ? 

On a separate note - that I know has probably been covered here - what's the consensus on Radiohead doing other UK arena gigs next year? I've just 'done the math' and just Glastonbury doesn't make a lot of financial sense. Please, please for the unlucky ones who didn't get a ticket please give us hope ! 

1 minute ago, glastobuds said:

Just fell asleep to kid A - is there any better way to crash out with a beer on Friday ? 

On a separate note - that I know has probably been covered here - what's the consensus on Radiohead doing other UK arena gigs next year? I've just 'done the math' and just Glastonbury doesn't make a lot of financial sense. Please, please for the unlucky ones who didn't get a ticket please give us hope ! 

somebody on here has heard that they're doing at least one date at Manchester Arena and it can be assumed they'll do London and possibly more as well. rumours of tour dates being announced very soon

1 minute ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I wonder if come next year it being 20 years of OK Computer/1997 GF will have a baring effect on their setlist. It wasn't something i had thought about, but a friend just suggested it and it makes sense 

They have been playing pretty much everything from OK Computer on this tour anyway so they can't really bang out a big surprise from that album. I guess they could play 5-6 from the album rather than the usual 3-4, but that's not massively different from current lists anyways.

The only really different thing I can see is the album played in full, but I don't think there's a great chance of that.

1 minute ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I wonder if come next year it being 20 years of OK Computer/1997 GF will have a baring effect on their setlist. It wasn't something i had thought about, but a friend just suggested it and it makes sense 

i wouldn't have thought so, but you never know with Radiohead. they've been varying the amount of songs they play from each album quite a bit so even if they did play a fair few from it, it could be purely coincidence. we'll have a better idea of that in the shows leading up to it i suppose (arcade fireman mentioned that they have a show booked on the 20th anniversary of the album's release so that'll surely be the best indicator)

honestly as much as i love that album i wouldn't want too much from it anyway, although it's hard to say which songs i'd prefer - Airbag, Paranoid Android, Let Down, Karma Police, Lucky... and that's leaving out Climbing Up the Walls and No Surprises

Yeah I agree we'll definitely get those three. I'd love to see Airbag, Climbing Up the Walls, Lucky, Let Down and Exit Music as well. At the same time though 8 songs from that album is too much and would deprive us of other great songs. Tough balance!

Just now, Chawk said:

No love for The Tourist? Wish it would make a return

Once thought of modding a microwave so it plays it when the timer's set at 5:26 and has the 'ping' at the end of the track

i love The Tourist. was one of my absolute favourites for a time - just didn't include it as there ain't a chance they're gonna play it unfortunately!

I think Hail to the Thief is massively underrated, but it suffers from too much filler, I think Thom himself has acknowledged that, that's probably what keeps it from being talked about as highly as OKC/In Rainbows/Kid A.

It's got so many great tracks though, 2+2=5, Sit Down Stand Up, Myxomatosis, Where I End... There There, Go To Sleep. It's a great record by anyone else's standards.

49 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I'm sitting watching From the Basement again. I'm just torturing myself given it's still 8 months away. Still tho, this version...

What do you reckon the chances are that they will play this? I haven't seen this live yet and I kind of really need to, badly.

there aren't necessarily any bad songs on the album but it had far more filler than the classic albums that had come before it. Backdrifts, We Suck Young Blood, I Will and Scatterbrain could all be left off and not really missed. There There is one of their all time greats in my eyes though. i fucking love that song. they better play it at Glastonbury!