Bon Iver 2017

Amy Lawn

25 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

it's just been suggested to me by the font of all festival knowledge - scottie - that Bon Iver have cancelled in the same way that First Aid Kit and The National have cancelled early-in-the-year tours in recent years.

If there's a theme here, that theme is those bands all headlining a UK fest - Latitude - on an exclusive basis.

It's a punt, but that certainly seems a reasonable possibility.

I dont think first aid kit have ever headlined latitude

Also, latitude announces in March after the tour ended. I would have thought good reviews of a sold out tour would be better publicity than him cancelling a tour for vague reasons ? if he gets a flaky morrissey style rep, he hasnt got the same fanbase to overcome that

Edited by zahidf

Just now, zahidf said:

I dont think first aid kit have ever headlined latitude

Also, latitude announces in March after the tour ended. I would have thought good reviews of a sold out tour would be better publicity than him cancelling a tour for vague reasons ?

OK, I messed up with 'headline', tho the rest stands up. 

as I say, it's a punt, but there seems to be a theme here.

27 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

it's just been suggested to me by the font of all festival knowledge - scottie - that Bon Iver have cancelled in the same way that First Aid Kit and The National have cancelled early-in-the-year tours in recent years.

If there's a theme here, that theme is those bands all headlining a UK fest - Latitude - on an exclusive basis.

It's a punt, but that certainly seems a reasonable possibility.

What tour did The National cancel? I can't see anything about them cancelling anything last year although admittedly may have missed it.

5 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

What tour did The National cancel? I can't see anything about them cancelling anything last year although admittedly may have missed it.

the only time national headline latitude exclusively, was last year, and there was no UK tour booked. All other times, they were at glasto as well

I think bon iver for latitude is likely, i just dont think he would cancel a european tour and american show over it.

Edited by zahidf

My god this place does like to overstate how important UK festivals are to American bands. I doubt the phrase 'Latitude Festival' has so much as crossed dear old Bon Bon's mind outside of the two hours he was on site in 2012, he ain't cancelling trips around multiple continents out of excitement at Melvin Benn asking him to spend another July evening in Suffolk. He's probably just got tonsillitis.

Edited by Zac Quinn
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Scottie's gone rogue since he left here. 

:lol:

Nah, he was just trying to be helpful.

I've not paid much attention to festival goings-on in recent years, so I'm grateful for his continuing input while I get myself back up to speed.

(Thankfully, I've only had to ask him how to do simple things on my own website twice this week :lol: )

Anyway, now we've settled that Bon Iver probably didn't cancel 5 sold out London shows and  a dozen sold out European shows for a Latitude headline set, does anybody have any idea as to what the personal circumstances are? Or, if we don't want to dig into something private, whether it is likely to affect a summer festival schedule?

Edited by Vanderlyle

32 minutes ago, Vanderlyle said:

Anyway, now we've settled that Bon Iver probably didn't cancel 5 sold out London shows and  a dozen sold out European shows for a Latitude headline set, does anybody have any idea as to what the personal circumstances are? Or, if we don't want to dig into something private, whether it is likely to affect a summer festival schedule?

Could be he feels under prepared or not ready to tour again?

2 minutes ago, Diva Sam said:

Could be he feels under prepared or not ready to tour again?

he's been touring the States for a while now so that'd be a bit odd - i'm sure it's something far more personal that he just needs some time to deal with, and i can't imagine he'll be cancelling any further dates

22 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

The card I used to purchase the tickets with has since been cancelled as I lost it...does anyone know if the refund will still go back into the account?

I'm in the same situation. I gave them a call and they said the money should go back into account despite the old card being cancelled. 

There is a slight possibility it won't though and they said to give them a call back if it hasn't been refunded after 15 days and they'll sort it.

12 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

he's been touring the States for a while now so that'd be a bit odd - i'm sure it's something far more personal that he just needs some time to deal with, and i can't imagine he'll be cancelling any further dates

The thing I don't get is why the dates have been cancelled and not postponed. This has happened to me a couple of times recently and gigs have been postponed, with sometimes up to a year or more before new dates are confirmed. To outright cancel seems strange.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

6 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

The thing I don't get is why the dates have been cancelled and not postponed. This has happened to me a couple of times recently and gigs have been postponed, with sometimes up to a year or more before new dates are confirmed. To outright cancel seems strange.

yeah not too sure what the thinking behind that is - maybe he has a firm idea of when this tour is ending in his head and doesn't want to commit beyond that by adding rescheduled dates further on, or even has plans/commitments for another of his projects/something else immediately after this tour finishes. a shitty situation for those with tickets but i'd like to think there's a good reason behind it and not that he just couldn't be arsed rescheduling. to be fair, rescheduling was probably the last thing on his mind if it was serious enough to cancel these shows in the first place

It seems a bit strange (to me) to be announced for Coachella and then the next dy to cancel a whole Euro tour...I know there is a 1.5/2 month gap but just felt a bit put out. 

But yeah, to not reschedule anything is a total bummer. This last happened to me when Foo's cancelled Wembley in 2015.