Bon Iver 2017

Amy Lawn

16 minutes ago, reflekting said:

Did he turn up with James Blake then?

yep for I Need A Forest Fire. along with appearing with Kanye last year, you'd have to think he has been talked to about performing with Bon Iver when they're properly up and running, and seems like that could well happen next year

15 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

yep when i saw that he'd made an appearance again i immediately thought he must be lining up to do a full set next year. hope it happens. Other headliner, or even something like subbing Radiohead on the Pyramid

Bon Iver into Radiohead. The stuff of dreams. 

Just now, nikkic said:

Bon Iver into Radiohead. The stuff of dreams. 

indeed it is. not sure if they'd put something so downbeat that high up on the Pyramid, but then Other headliner seems a bit off to me as well, especially considering the more electronic direction they've taken over the last few years. i'm guessing a crowd waiting for Radiohead would be far more appreciative of Bon Iver though so it wouldn't be a repeat of Beck in to Coldplay at least

50 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

indeed it is. not sure if they'd put something so downbeat that high up on the Pyramid, but then Other headliner seems a bit off to me as well, especially considering the more electronic direction they've taken over the last few years. i'm guessing a crowd waiting for Radiohead would be far more appreciative of Bon Iver though so it wouldn't be a repeat of Beck in to Coldplay at least

After Sigur Ros were given a JP slot (when The Park prob suited them better) they could be placed there. I agree Other headliner doesn't seem quite right.

On 28/06/2016 at 4:36 PM, nikkic said:

After Sigur Ros were given a JP slot (when The Park prob suited them better) they could be placed there. I agree Other headliner doesn't seem quite right.

Ah I've just been thinking this one and came to the thread to lay it down. Could definitely see it happening after Sigur Ros - I don't personally believe Bon Iver to be much bigger than them.

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Ah I've just been thinking this one and came to the thread to lay it down. Could definitely see it happening after Sigur Ros - I don't personally believe Bon Iver to be much bigger than them.

Yeah you're right, they are of similar size/popularity. Thinking about it, JP tent would be a great place to see them. 

• 3 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

don't think they're big enough to headline Other at all. WH or JP headliner seems far more likely, barring the new album having some crossover mainstream success.

I don't know them too well but they aren't remotely a WH act, are they?

I have them down as Pyramid subs but I'm not sure if they're big enough. If not then the next slot I'd put them in would be JP headline. Wasn't their last tour a few arena dates?

1 hour ago, ghostdancer1 said:

what is a "WH act"? James Blake? Underworld? Roisin Murphy? White Denim? Hot Chip? Caribou? basically anything and everything gets put in there these days.

Usually has some sort of rhythmic or groove-based quality, whether digital or organic, modern or roots-based.

• Upvote 2