Headliner predictions 2017

swede

3 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

And after the initial excitement, most people realised they only thought it was really good because of how bad the dogtanian song had been. 

If beautiful thing had've been released first it would've got a resounding "that's not too bad for a nunch of middle aged men."

As bad as All For One is, it got an. absolutely fantastic reception and went down a treat at The Etihad. Everyone will be holding hands and building walls at Glastonbury.

42 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

There's only three of them now isn't there? Only way I could see it being a possibility is if they managed to get back up to 4 or 5

Robbie is back with them next year.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Keithy said:

I do wonder if Eminem is a possible headliner in a few years in the 'act that was massive a generation ago' slot. I'm not sure how much relevance he has to kids these days but there's always been a 'legend' headliner who doesn't tour too much and when he does it's just a few UK dates.

Is Eminem seen as legend of the late 90's/early 00's music scene? I did wonder with the Straight Outta Compton film, if NWA might do something too though not sure they had a big enough impact in the UK to be a legend act.

They should book him for the legends slot, that might upset a few. 

I don't think he'd ever do Glastonbury, the amount of money he probably charges and just the fact that he's not released anything that great since he stopped abusing drugs. I saw him at V in 2011(?) and it wasn't that impressive. 

Eminem's extensive use of a backing track should hopefully rule him out. tbh i can't remember if Kanye had something similar (maybe somebody else could fill me in?) but the thought of a guy barely rapping along to himself just doesn't seem like good headliner material to me. plus he hasn't released anything worthwhile in almost fifteen years

33 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Eminem's extensive use of a backing track should hopefully rule him out. tbh i can't remember if Kanye had something similar (maybe somebody else could fill me in?) but the thought of a guy barely rapping along to himself just doesn't seem like good headliner material to me. plus he hasn't released anything worthwhile in almost fifteen years

Not quite true tbh but that depends on opinion. Obviously he hasn't released anything ground breaking but it's a bit like Arctics and The Killers.....two stand out 1st albums then, the odd song and then a load of rubbish covering. 

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

Not quite true tbh but that depends on opinion. Obviously he hasn't released anything ground breaking but it's a bit like Arctics and The Killers.....two stand out 1st albums then, the odd song and then a load of rubbish covering. 

The Killers you could put in that bracket as they're very much still headlining festivals off the back of those first two albums, but Arctics? don't be silly - AM was one of, if not the, best albums they've released, and they don't show any signs of slowing

17 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah I was pretty surprised when they rolled that one out. Not surprised it's the only date though as that's big.

Bloke asked about festivals and they manage to dodge it by asking if he meant the year after. Think the bloke asking the question got confused and just said yeah.

Know the venues now, will be interesting to see the dates.

These press conferences are a waste of time really. Bland questions and the band not too committal with their answers.

Someone just asked about Alan Wilder returning. That just got a straight no.

Just now, eastynh said:

Bloke asked about festivals and they manage to dodge it by asking if he meant the year after. Think the bloke asking the question got confused and just said yeah.

Know the venues now, will be interesting to see the dates.

These press conferences are a waste of time really. Bland questions and the band not too committal with their answers.

Someone just asked about Alan Wilder returning. That just got a straight no.

I've been trying to locate the full date list for an eye on the 'Glastonbury shaped hole' but there's only bits here and there thus far. Definitely got Berlin on the Thursday of Glastonbury - and it doesn't seem like they're doing back to back shows but that could be false when it all comes out -  and the London Stadium show is 3rd June.

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

The Killers you could put in that bracket as they're very much still headlining festivals off the back of those first two albums, but Arctics? don't be silly - AM was one of, if not the, best albums they've released, and they don't show any signs of slowing

Nope, it had a few decent tracks on it......better than the other two before mind you comfortably. But the fact you only dug out AM there is telling. Their debut is easily their best. 

Just now, dentalplan said:

I've been trying to locate the full date list for an eye on the 'Glastonbury shaped hole' but there's only bits here and there thus far. Definitely got Berlin on the Thursday of Glastonbury - and it doesn't seem like they're doing back to back shows but that could be false when it all comes out -  and the London Stadium show is 3rd June.

Noooooo I wanted to go to Berlin :-(

I might go Leipzig then instead.

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

Nope, it had a few decent tracks on it......better than the other two before mind you comfortably. But the fact you only dug out AM there is telling. Their debut is easily their best. 

I liked AM but thought it trailed off big time in the second half. A great band definitely but I think they're yet to release a truly great album, the first might just about be there though 

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Full list just come out. They are not doing Glasto. Doing BBK and Nos alive though.

1 minute ago, eastynh said:

Noooooo I wanted to go to Berlin :-(

I might go Leipzig then instead.

Yeah plenty of nice cities in Germany. Prague is cool as well.

Ah they've got Rome on Sunday and no back to back dates. No Glasto then. :( I'm not a big enough fan to go to London or owt but I was hoping for Glasto to come off.

11 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

FWN has some belters. A lot of bands would kill to have something in their arsenal as  exhilarating as the drop in 505. It's a bit like The Second Coming, suffering more for comparisons against an all-time classic predecessor than for its own merits as a record.

Edited by Zac Quinn

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Don't see Rihanna ever doing it now. Her star has faded and the reports of her live shows are still poor.

Saw her this year at Pukkelpop. Came on 50 minutes late and did a half-arsed job. Sang a bit, danced a bit. Let the vocal track she was singing over do the heavy lifting when she was called upon to sing and dance at the same time. Couldn't pronounce "Belgium" properly and made little or no effort to interact with the crowd (might have been great later on in the set, I only lasted about 20 minutes)