Headliner predictions 2017

swede

8 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Full list just come out. They are not doing Glasto. Doing BBK and Nos alive though.

I dunno. The Fri and Sat are free, and given that Glastonbury has already sold out they're not likely to announce it now and potentially impact sales of their tour are they?

Not saying they will, but I wouldn't necessarily rule it out completely.  And yes, I'm being optimistic!

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Jcatley said:

What do we reckon the prices will be for the London Stadium date? 

Being a West Ham fan I'm looking forward to going to the stadium and actually enjoying it.

No idea mate. Just paid 75 for the Roses at Wembley so will be comparable with that I reckon.For what it costs to go to London, I could go to Germany. I don't know what to do. The no Manchester date has three a right spanner in the works.

3 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

FWN is their worst album and 505 is pretty naff.

Imo.

Humbug is their best IMO.

On Eminem, would never happen - Shite reputation live, hasn't released anything good for about 15 years, controversial lyrics and subject matter (you can see the petitions now), would ask for shitloads...

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Humbug is their best IMO.

On Eminem, would never happen - Shite reputation live, hasn't released anything good for about 15 years, controversial lyrics and subject matter (you can see the petitions now), would ask for shitloads...

Yeah Humbug definitely the best for me, although I've had Suck it and See on in the car all Summer and been enjoying it a lot more than I remembered.

8 minutes ago, TheNewUnion said:

Saw her this year at Pukkelpop. Came on 50 minutes late and did a half-arsed job. Sang a bit, danced a bit. Let the vocal track she was singing over do the heavy lifting when she was called upon to sing and dance at the same time. Couldn't pronounce "Belgium" properly and made little or no effort to interact with the crowd (might have been great later on in the set, I only lasted about 20 minutes)

Holy hell how do you mispronounce Belgium. :lol: But yeah I heard similar about V. Doesn't really make much sense for Glastonbury at this point when there's been all these intervening years when she would have turned up late but was still a huge phenomenon.

8 minutes ago, chaswozza said:

Don't see why they couldn't announce Friday or Saturday at Glasto in the future given there's a gap in the tour dates?!

If you look at the tour dates, there aren't any back to back in different cities so I think they'd have factored a the central Europe trip to/from Somerset into the list. They will add more but you can be fairly sure Glastonbury won't be one of them.

4 minutes ago, eastynh said:

No idea mate. Just paid 75 for the Roses at Wembley so will be comparable with that I reckon.For what it costs to go to London, I could go to Germany. I don't know what to do. The no Manchester date has three a right spanner in the works.

It was announced as the "first leg" so I assume arenas including Manchester will be announced for winter next year. Assume you won't wait that long though. :P

Just now, jparx said:

Everyone is saying Eminem hasn't released anything good in 15 years. I thought The Marshall Mathers LP 2 was excellent. I don't want him to headline, at all, but that album was really great.

But I guess that isn't the trendy opinion :P

It was ok. Rap God and the one that sampled Time of the Season was good, but it was nowhere near any of the first three albums.

And trust me, I am not trendy and never have been.

12 minutes ago, Quark said:

I dunno. The Fri and Sat are free, and given that Glastonbury has already sold out they're not likely to announce it now and potentially impact sales of their tour are they?

Not saying they will, but I wouldn't necessarily rule it out completely.  And yes, I'm being optimistic!

He's correct to be fair, I don't see it selling well enough quick enough and any Glasto announcement would heavily damage sales for it I'd imagine.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

It was ok. Rap God and the one that sampled Time of the Season was good, but it was nowhere near any of the first three albums.

And trust me, I am not trendy and never have been.

I honestly really enjoyed it. I'm not sure where I'd rank it compared to his early work, but at the time I rated it up there with Good Kid Mad City (as if I can be arsed to stylise that properly).

I was just taking the piss with that trendy comment. It's become fashionable to hate on his recent work in some quarters, but I believe most people on here form their own opinions :P 

I saw Eminem at Oxegen Festival in 2011 I think it was. I've got to say, I thought he was fantastic live. 

And in relation to Arctics - anyone who doesnt think WPSIA is their best has something wrong with them imo - And this is coming from someone who loves every one of their albums. There's a difference between best and favourite.

Back on DM and the announcement of BBK and NOS, those are still selling tickets I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) so probably not a concern to announce them now?  Just thinking that having announced those two doesn't necessarily exclude a third festival being added at a later stage...

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Back on DM and the announcement of BBK and NOS, those are still selling tickets I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) so probably not a concern to announce them now?  Just thinking that having announced those two doesn't necessarily exclude a third festival being added at a later stage...

It doesn't. The thing with the no back-to-back dates in different cities is enough to exclude them though. 

24 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Gigs are just getting more and more these days. Will be worth the hit to the bank account this month though!