Preparing for the worst...

EFC1996

With just 12 days to go until the big day im starting to question whether I'm prepared for the worst or not. 

This is my second glasto, last year being my first and we were quite lucky with the weather. So how would you recommend preparing for bad weather? (Even though it's going to be absolutely lovely and sunny all week :rolleyes:)

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waterproof wear, thin clothes that dry quickly, extra booze (something that works in a nice hot cup of coffee is always good when it's damp) and a mountain of good quality binbags.

Edit:  Oh and waterproof the hell out of your tent.  I think most of the sprays work as UV protection too so you win no matter the weather.

Edited by scaryclaireyfairy

36 minutes ago, EFC1996 said:

With just 12 days to go until the big day im starting to question whether I'm prepared for the worst or not. 

This is my second glasto, last year being my first and we were quite lucky with the weather. So how would you recommend preparing for bad weather? (Even though it's going to be absolutely lovely and sunny all week :rolleyes:)

Isn't it depressing that average summer weather, with heavy rain for a few hours on the Friday, is considered 'quite lucky'? 'Quite lucky' should be 5 days of sun interspersed with cloudy spells and an average temperature of 22 degrees. Damn our weather!

keep a dry warm set of comfy clothes either in your car or at the lock up if you are getting the coach. you can change in to them on your way back. If it is a mud fest and raining constantly you will have gone through all your dry clothes and it is nice to have some joggers and a jumper to change in to and dry trainers for the journey home

25 minutes ago, rubenz said:

If it rains I just get the poncho on and get more drunk then normal and you don't really notice. Even u2 in the rain the other year was not too bad after 3 litres of boxed wine. 

Speak for yourself :-)  my ex wife got completely w*nkered and I had to prop her up through U2 and then carry her home to Worthy View!!! 

25 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

keep a dry warm set of comfy clothes either in your car or at the lock up if you are getting the coach. you can change in to them on your way back. If it is a mud fest and raining constantly you will have gone through all your dry clothes and it is nice to have some joggers and a jumper to change in to and dry trainers for the journey home

This.

And leave the jeans at home - they take too long to dry out.