Preparing for the worst...

EFC1996

Umbrella very handy for visits to the open top longdrop toilets though. The umbrella sits on the partitions, so you have your hands free to do the business whilst also making sure your bag doesn't touch the ground, which can be muddy.

Edited by Watergirl

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Watergirl said:

Umbrella very handy for visits to the open top longdrop toilets though. The umbrella sits on the partitions, so you have your hands free to do the business whilst also making sure your bag doesn't touch the ground, which can be muddy.

The best way to avoid placing your bag on the floor of the long drops is to feed your handle through the latch then close the door. It's something I'd never even thought about until someone here mentioned it. Works a treat

4 minutes ago, Twisted Melon said:

The best way to avoid placing your bag on the floor of the long drops is to feed your handle through the latch then close the door. It's something I'd never even thought about until someone here mentioned it. Works a treat

Yes, I do that too. Very handy as long as the lock isn't broken. With my umbrella for a "roof".

On 10 June 2016 at 0:44 PM, EFC1996 said:

With just 12 days to go until the big day im starting to question whether I'm prepared for the worst or not. 

This is my second glasto, last year being my first and we were quite lucky with the weather. So how would you recommend preparing for bad weather? (Even though it's going to be absolutely lovely and sunny all week :rolleyes:)

Good idea. The saddest poo of my entire life was at 2013 Leeds fest in an open top drop toilet in the pissing rain. 

2 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Pooing in the rain is ace.

Ain't gonna lie, one of the most freeing feelings there is, one day I'd like to get the full thunder and lightning experience as detailed on these forums once by a poster.  

As for hovering, no.  Just no.

21 hours ago, lucyginger said:

In defence of the brolly, I take one to use as a sunshade as I will burst into flames otherwise! I nev use it in a crowd though, it's mainly for when I'm sitting down. I have used. When it was wet once, but again, not in a crowd! So yes, if you don't need one, don't take one! 

Brollies against the sun are definitely preferable to hats - they make me even hotter - red hair and lobster face are not a good look! But agreed, for sitting down only, so I have to wear a shady hat sometimes - not that that doesn't get in the way of other viewers probably, but at least it won't poke out an eye. I have got a lovely Japanese parasol, but it's on the bulky side, so not sure if sense will win over style when packing... and the years I've made the effort have been the rainiest! Better not bring it.

2 hours ago, Spindles said:

Ain't gonna lie, one of the most freeing feelings there is, one day I'd like to get the full thunder and lightning experience as detailed on these forums once by a poster.  

As for hovering, no.  Just no.

Honestly that would probably make festival 

The second I see a flash of lightening I'd be sprinting to the longdrops like I'd eaten a dodgy growler 

Although on typing this I'm seeing some complications with sitting in a metal box during a lightning storm 

In contrast to a poo while it's raining, one year I did a poo while a big bee insisted on flying around the cubicle I was in. I kept telling him to fly up so he could get out, but no, he insisted on buzzing around me, which did not make for a pleasant experience. 

By the way, I love how Glastonbury makes you discuss your bowel movements with strangers! 

3 hours ago, Nuthugger said:

you won't be saying that when you catch an std from the toilet seat :-D

Worse than that, it's like the start of a superhero movie;

A storm rages while a young festival goer is taking a dump. As he's sitting there in the long drops, it gets struck by lightning, electrifying the pool of shite under the khazis, and fusing the DNA of the poor fucker sitting there with the contents of the long drop.

From the outside we see the metal door getingt pounded, dents appear all over it. A roar comes from inside, the door swings open with a clang to reveal the latest Marvel supervillian.

6 minutes ago, Mardy said:

A storm rages while a young festival goer is taking a dump. As he's sitting there in the long drops, it gets struck by lightning, electrifying the pool of shite under the khazis, and fusing the DNA of the poor fucker sitting there with the contents of the long drop.

From the outside we see the metal door getingt pounded, dents appear all over it. A roar comes from inside, the door swings open with a clang to reveal the latest Marvel supervillian.

Shitpool

17 minutes ago, Mardy said:

The Golgothan enters the Marvel universe and clocks Iron man in the grid with a free bog roll from the lockups