The Glade announces

gherring8

2 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

He isn't my kind of thing. I don't like his tunes, cant comment on what they'll do on stage.

This is why I need a full line up, Im speculating

I have seen him a few times at V and Parklife. He has always been ok and got the crowd bouncing. Not exactly my type of tunes either but good fun all the same.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone - first post on here! 

Just wondering what time people think Carl Cox's set would start on the friday? and approx how long before he starts would you need to get to the glade to be in an alright position for him? LCD and Cox are two of my 'must-see's' - currently trying to figure out if seeing both would be possible (presuming of course that LCD do headline the other stage on friday) :)

51 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Scrap that. Example is on Friday as per his official instragram. Im gunna presume at "headliner time" before Coxy is on at 00:30. 

So... that has put the cat amongst my Friday night pigeons. 

If CC is playing that slot after the headliners, it's going to be a contender for the most rammed/over crowded set ever I think, that's going to be mayhem 

Example and wire have been doing tunes together for nearly 10'years now I reckon.

He started off as a decent rapper with some funny tunes then he moved into electro stuff, mc'ing over electro stuff. He's done a shed load of tunes with wire. I think he'll do some of his new stuff but loads of old tracks. 

Have a YouTube of dirty face and you might get a flavour of the stuff he does during this type of set

8 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

If CC is playing that slot after the headliners, it's going to be a contender for the most rammed/over crowded set ever I think, that's going to be mayhem 

Yeah. Which has gutted me a bit. No chance of getting in if I watch someone earlier.

If Beck is on WH, Im going to miss Coxy and go watch him in the Unfairground on Saturday night. Ill miss new order for him.

1 hour ago, rubenz said:

Was a lovely bonfire outside there on the Sunday night last year which was a good place to regroup before powering through the night. Was the fire there every night does anyone know?

It was there on the Friday night. Or maybe it was the Thurday, I really can't remember. Don't think it was there in previous years though. It was a great addition anyway. :)

1 hour ago, Where'sTheTurkeyJeremy? said:

Hello everyone - first post on here! 

Just wondering what time people think Carl Cox's set would start on the friday? and approx how long before he starts would you need to get to the glade to be in an alright position for him? LCD and Cox are two of my 'must-see's' - currently trying to figure out if seeing both would be possible (presuming of course that LCD do headline the other stage on friday) :)

It's purely guesswork until the set times are released but Carl Cox will probably be on about 12:30 so you will have to move pretty sharpish from LCD to get to Glade in time. Is possible though. That's of course if LCD do headline the Other

Edited by Twisted Melon

3 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Tristan and Hypnocoustics are psy trance.

Yes and Spacetribe are pay Trance. Nanoplex and Uone etc are progressive. In fact the majority of Glade Lounge is progressive or trance. Should be a lovely atmosphere there, looking forward to it.

Edited by danbailey80

On 20 May 2016 at 5:50 PM, eastynh said:

Mint. Uses Ableton I think to mash everything up live.  No idea what electro funk is, but how can you go wrong with a title like that? He will be ace in the spike. Have to say that was my fave place at the festival last year.

Pretty good primer on electro funk [url="http://www.electrofunkroots.co.uk/articles/what.html"]here[/url] written by Greg Wilson, who was part of the original scene, well worth checking out his  electrofunkroots playlist on soundcloud  to get an idea of what I imagine this set will be like.