Sawdusty surfer

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Joshuwarr said:

The advice is always welcome, especially if it's something we've not heard before! We hid our stash in ham sandwiches last year. Worked a treat :P

OH MY, now there's and idea...

Weed is too bulky and smelly for me to try and bring in and I'm not a big smoker anyway. Other stuff in small amounts for my own use only. Taped to the gooch, never fails! Won't be bringing anything to Glastonbury though because I have to fly to get there so I'd rather go without for the weekend than risk getting caught in an airport with a few grams of mdma.

3 hours ago, maelzoid said:

I'm sure it was on this boards I heard a great story about someone trying to take some weed into IOW. 

They'd heard about the sniffer dogs and so came up with the great idea of hiding the weed in a ziplock bag inside a large jar of marmite - thus disguising any smell. They had a bag full of other random food; bread, jam etc so it all looked legit. Queuing up they started to sweat as the cops and the sniffer dogs got to work, but sure enough, the dogs ignored them.  Just about to enter, the security guys gave the routine search, and pulled out the jar of marmite, regarded it for a moment and then tossed it into the bin. "No glass, mate!"

When I went to the IoW I hadn't realised that they checked you through a turnstile with sniffer dogs.  I'd actually had a strong one at the tent before walking on down to the entrance.  Luckily on the way I needed a wee, so stopped at a toilet and afterwards used strong hand cleanser.

When I arrived at the turnstile I showed my ticket and was then confronted by a policeman and his sniffer dog. Unfortunately the effects of the smoke must have really kicked in because, without thinking, I stopped, looked down at this lovely dog, stroked it on the head and said: "You're beautiful" before walking on.

I'd gone about six feet when the policeman called to me: "Excuse me sir." . And I stopped and froze as it dawned on me what I'd just done.

"Yes, she is beautiful isn't she.  Have a good festival."

The wonders of antiseptic hand cleansers!

My husband has his small personal daily supply of weed take off him one morning when we were in CV last year. Not being a smoker I found it hillarious. They took it off him and took his photo for some sort of database and said if they found him with some on him again he'd get kicked out.:o

54 minutes ago, Honeybane said:

Is there dogs on the gate? 

Don't take anything that you would logically call large quantities & you will be fine

& to answer the question no I haven't seen a dog on site in a good few years, the stories always tend to be at services on the way to the site, long before arriving, but that doesn't mean that won't change this year. 

I personally believe the reason they don't have dogs on site is because pretty much everyone has something they shouldn't have, even if it's half a gram of weed & the poor dogs wouldn't know what to do with themselves.  

The folk that work security get a lot of shit around here but 99% of them are just there for a good festival like you. 

Just hide anything that needs hiding well, smile politely &  you'll be sent on your way 

1 hour ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

I've been searched 3 years on the bounce...must be my sweating from carrying my bags :sorry:

I've been pulled the last twice.  I also get followed by store security a lot irl.  I apparently look dodgy for a woman of a certain age. :D

The first time the poor lad gave up after coming across various various intimate toiletry items that I left at the top deliberately.  You can search but I will make you cringe.  I actually moaned that he could have at least searched long enough to let me finish my fag.  :)  The second time the guy changed his mind as I walked over and waved me on.  Probably cos I looked so cheerful about it.  Again, I needed a fag break and while they're fannying around with my luggage they're not pestering anyone else.  Plus I had my shewee and other nonsense at the top that time.  Watch me get pulled by an unflappable chick this year and get no lols out of it. 

6 hours ago, maelzoid said:

I'm sure it was on this boards I heard a great story about someone trying to take some weed into IOW. 

They'd heard about the sniffer dogs and so came up with the great idea of hiding the weed in a ziplock bag inside a large jar of marmite - thus disguising any smell. They had a bag full of other random food; bread, jam etc so it all looked legit. Queuing up they started to sweat as the cops and the sniffer dogs got to work, but sure enough, the dogs ignored them.  Just about to enter, the security guys gave the routine search, and pulled out the jar of marmite, regarded it for a moment and then tossed it into the bin. "No glass, mate!"

Ha; A good alternative is in a bottle of sun cream.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01CCSYE9U/ref=pd_aw_sim_sbs_60_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=41WETtphchL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL115_SR115%2C115_&refRID=GMFZFTFPY57QNJNHV8N4 

my friend has one of these with a different brand label. Walks though with his supplies in his hand every time , I've never bothered but it's still a good idea 

6 hours ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

The police have search tents just before the main gates on weds & pick random people out for full on through your bags searches. But going between the campervan field and the site throughout the weekend, security do random bag & pocket searches which is what most people mean I think 

Ah yes, that's the only ones I've seen.  Also a couple of times I've seen folk who were skinning up during the day having it taken off them.

I'd heard of car searches in the past but never seen or experienced them first hand.

I've been thoroughly searched at the gates of countless festivals (including Glastonbury). Believe me the only safe places are your pants or your socks. Nobody has the right (including the police) to make you remove either - except in a police station.

6 minutes ago, Glastoboy said:

I've been thoroughly searched at the gates of countless festivals (including Glastonbury). Believe me the only safe places are your pants or your socks. Nobody has the right (including the police) to make you remove either - except in a police station.

Is that actually true? I've never known anyone personally but I know friends of friends who've been sniffed at the entrance to festivals and then been given the option of "give up what youve got and you can go in so we don't waste the sniffer dogs time" or "we're going to strip search you until we find it and then refuse you entry if so", they went for the latter and found 2 spliffs inside the girls bra and refused her entry or so I've been told (This was by actual police btw)

While working Bestival last year I also may of came across the portaloo they use to strip search people in as well... I needed the toilet but all the public portaloos were out of paper so the security showed me to a portaloo that was fenced off from the public and only accessible by security/police, inside there was quite a lot of used rubber gloves. I can't confirm exactly where they'd be prodding around with them on but I have an idea...

Back to Glastonbury, I don't think I've ever seen any police when entering Glastonbury and I don't know anyone who's ever gotten searched, I've only ever gotten the coach though so whether it's different for drivers I don't know. I'd really hate to get searched, I'm terrible at packing and I'd never be able to get it all back in :( 

26 minutes ago, mjfromthelane said:

so as long you only have a 'personal amount' on you the worst case scenario is confiscation?

That tends to be the way at festivals in my experience if it's security who are searching you. If it's the police it's a different matter, they could still arrest you if they find a small amount but id imagine if you just give up what you've got straight away and it's a small amount they'll confiscate it and let you off. They can't strip search you on the spot though so if it's in your undergarments you're grand. For example if I had a gram of mdma in my underpants and cops asked me if I had anything on me id say "no sir, search away all you want" because there's no way they'd be able to find it. They can make you take off your shoes and a jacket or jumper but that's it. I've been searched by both police and security at festivals (not Glastonbury)  and they've never found anything on me.

9 hours ago, jonodillieono said:

Is that actually true? I've never known anyone personally but I know friends of friends who've been sniffed at the entrance to festivals and then been given the option of "give up what youve got and you can go in so we don't waste the sniffer dogs time" or "we're going to strip search you until we find it and then refuse you entry if so", they went for the latter and found 2 spliffs inside the girls bra and refused her entry or so I've been told (This was by actual police btw)

While working Bestival last year I also may of came across the portaloo they use to strip search people in as well... I needed the toilet but all the public portaloos were out of paper so the security showed me to a portaloo that was fenced off from the public and only accessible by security/police, inside there was quite a lot of used rubber gloves. I can't confirm exactly where they'd be prodding around with them on but I have an idea...

Back to Glastonbury, I don't think I've ever seen any police when entering Glastonbury and I don't know anyone who's ever gotten searched, I've only ever gotten the coach though so whether it's different for drivers I don't know. I'd really hate to get searched, I'm terrible at packing and I'd never be able to get it all back in :( 

yep.

As far as I can tell, from looking at Police search guidelines, unless they want to segregate you and search you privately then they can't ask you to take off shoes, socks, underwear. I don't even think they are technically allowed to have you take your hat off.

Use your loaves guys, and you will get whatever you like in. 

20 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

yep.

As far as I can tell, from looking at Police search guidelines, unless they want to segregate you and search you privately then they can't ask you to take off shoes, socks, underwear. I don't even think they are technically allowed to have you take your hat off.

Use your loaves guys, and you will get whatever you like in. 

Main-WeedBread.jpg

A friend of mine went last year, and her and her pals fashioned what can only be described as DIY tampons. All was fine until it came to the retrieval. One of them (who had had a baby) could not locate said tampon. One of the other girls decided to don a head torch to see if it could be found. Sadly it could not. Cue lots of panic. Then later that night she went to the loo, and said tampon was delivered into the toilet bowl. She was relieved it was not into the longdrop! 

Meanwhile, when I went in 2011, our car was pulled over in the car parks they had a quick 30 second poke around in the boot (maybe to check we didn't have any glass or massive piles of contraband), then we were on our way, but my heart was going ten to the dozen! At the gates, one of our party (who looks dodgy AF) was pulled over for a search. We left him behind because the security guard was taking FOREVER. They found his stash of weed, confiscated it, and let him go on his way.

I've had talk somewhere (on here??) that dogs are often used at Castle Cary station though. Can anyone confirm/deny?

3 minutes ago, stixmcvix said:

A friend of mine went last year, and her and her pals fashioned what can only be described as DIY tampons. All was fine until it came to the retrieval. One of them (who had had a baby) could not locate said tampon. One of the other girls decided to don a head torch to see if it could be found. Sadly it could not. Cue lots of panic. Then later that night she went to the loo, and said tampon was delivered into the toilet bowl. She was relieved it was not into the longdrop! 

Meanwhile, when I went in 2011, our car was pulled over in the car parks they had a quick 30 second poke around in the boot (maybe to check we didn't have any glass or massive piles of contraband), then we were on our way, but my heart was going ten to the dozen! At the gates, one of our party (who looks dodgy AF) was pulled over for a search. We left him behind because the security guard was taking FOREVER. They found his stash of weed, confiscated it, and let him go on his way.

I've had talk somewhere (on here??) that dogs are often used at Castle Cary station though. Can anyone confirm/deny?

You left your mate behind??

Just now, stixmcvix said:

Oh my god! The tampon!  Cut the lining of your handbag/bag/rucksack stash the goods and lightly stitch it back up and use those nice smelling tumble dryer sheets inside the lining too! It's worked a treat for me. If I'm extra paranoid about not know what security is like I'll leave it somewhere safe and hidden and go back for it.