Silver Hayes Lineup

pastorofmuppets

9 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Skepta played Wow at like 8pm-ish last year and I'd say he was much bigger than Stormzy is now.

he'd probably only do about a 30min set, so definitely can't see him being Sonic headliner.

That's what I was thinking. Annie Mac seems more likely but still not a certainty. So who the hell is a Sonic headliner from that list? 

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

That's what I was thinking. Annie Mac seems more likely but still not a certainty. So who the hell is a Sonic headliner from that list? 

Im pretty sure the essential mix will be one. Last years essential mix dj's were Andy C and some other Drum n Bass on the hell stage. They were unnanounced til very late on.

I think someone not on the line up yet. 

For a kick off the essential mix is 2 hours. Thats a headliner length set.

8 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

So who the hell is a Sonic headliner from that list? 

Thats another thing, theres no clear headliners is there???

Out of every DJ and and act inelectronic music i just cant see how anyone can class Annie bloody Mac as a headliner at the worlds BIGGEST music festival. 

7 minutes ago, TaylorT said:

Thats another thing, theres no clear headliners is there???

Out of every DJ and and act inelectronic music i just cant see how anyone can class Annie bloody Mac as a headliner at the worlds BIGGEST music festival. 

Shes the biggest ticket seller out of everyone on the Silver Hayes line up, has hundreds of thousands of people listen to her every night, holds her own festival and sells tens of thousands of mix CDs. If she's not a bona fide headliner, nobody is.

I suspect Craig David may headline, wherever he plays will be rammed.

2 minutes ago, thesecretingredientiscrime said:

Shes the biggest ticket seller out of everyone on the Silver Hayes line up, has hundreds of thousands of people listen to her every night, holds her own festival and sells tens of thousands of mix CDs. If she's not a bona fide headliner, nobody is.

Yeah Annie Mac is 100% for sure a BIG commercial DJ Radio 1 shoved down the necks of the masses with absolutely no work of her own really involved.... but in terms REAL headliners in dance music. Richie Hawtin, Leftfield, Groove Armada, Sven Vath people of real worth. That is missing from this years line up i'm sorry. Annie Mac is not a headliner.

16 minutes ago, thesecretingredientiscrime said:

I'm going to take Kes along.

44 minutes ago, TaylorT said:

Yeah Annie Mac is 100% for sure a BIG commercial DJ Radio 1 shoved down the necks of the masses with absolutely no work of her own really involved.... but in terms REAL headliners in dance music. Richie Hawtin, Leftfield, Groove Armada, Sven Vath people of real worth. That is missing from this years line up i'm sorry. Annie Mac is not a headliner.

U ok hun? 

For me I'd see...

Addison Groove

Ellijah & Skilliam plus co.

Craig David

Culture Shock

Dimension

Dismantle

DJ Luck & MC Neat

DJ Die

DJ Yoda

Eats Everything

Isiah Dreads

Jenna & the G's (if it's who I think it is)

Japeno Sound System

Kano

Monki

Ms Dynamite

My Nu Leng

Netsky

Oneman

Redlight

Tensnake (was a bit dull last time I saw him)

So that's a pretty good announcement for SH.

I've seen 1 or 2 people mention him but there needs to be more love for Palms Trax here. One of the most in-demand 'small' DJs in the underground dance scene at the moment. His latest EP is with Dekmatel which is excellent and his previous EP's are nothing short of great too. Seen him before the paint fight and Bicep last year at the temple! One of the DJs im looking forward too most this year.

Big up Moxie aswel, doing great things at the moment with NTS radio & her On Loop nights around the UK. She's hosting one of the 'boat parties' this year which will probably be where her boyfriend Leon Vynehall will be playing. Their back 2 back set on NTS not so long ago was great: https://www.mixcloud.com/.../moxie-w-leon-vynehall-30th-march-2016/

Edited by Brad2434

9 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Im pretty sure the essential mix will be one. Last years essential mix dj's were Andy C and some other Drum n Bass on the hell stage. They were unnanounced til very late on.

I think someone not on the line up yet. 

For a kick off the essential mix is 2 hours. Thats a headliner length set.

I'm not so sure - depending on who plays it I reckon this might be in the BBC introducing tent which I assume is still in SH this year?

8 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Netsky and Oliver Heldens stood out to me as big - possible headline - names there. Them and Annie Mac sound right?

I think Netsky could definitely be one of the headliners. Played in 2013 on Sonic late afternoon / early evening and nailed it. Has subsequently followed up with a decent album, and has toured pretty much ever since.

Out of that list Annie Mac is the most likely headliner I'd say. Not my cuppa tea, but she's huge in some quarters. If she's not then they must be keeping back the headliners.

Essential mix is a strange one as it's normally broadcast in the middle of the night. Last time year on the hell stage it was 1-4, but Sonic stage shuts at half 12 right? Either something will be open really late for a change, or they're gonna do a silent disco essential mix (surely not?!).

Ooooo, perhaps it will be Sasha and Digweed! I don't care how unlikely it is, I'm clinging on to that.