Coldplay, what to expect?

ten2doc

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Madyaker said:

I'm sure they'll put on a good show but like a lot of others here I only liked the first 2 albums and all were likely to hear from them is yellow which I never really liked that much. I'll just stick with this:

They played Politik, God Put A Smile on Your Face, The Scientist, Shiver, In My Place, Yellow, Life is For Living, Clocks and Everything's Not Lost last time. Which is probably why people enjoyed it so much. 

Personally I'd like a few more songs from the Viva album, however they don't seem to be in the setlist this time around, apart from the title song. 

I saw them in 04 or 05 , they were great , then again a few years afterwards. they were good but not as great

now, I am not going to bother unless I pass out in the pyramid field and wake up and they are playing (stranger things have happened)

they will be good, and  loads of people will go and they will have guests so that will make more people go even if just to say they were shit

I hope they include there previous songs, because I only like a few of their songs in their new albums, a mixture wouldn't be bad, just it's not too focussed on them using to promote their new albums, because they are not great. Compared to Mylo Xyloto which was a banging album released just before their 2011 set

5 minutes ago, Wow-wys-buzzing said:

I hope they include there previous songs, because I only like a few of their songs in their new albums, a mixture wouldn't be bad, just it's not too focussed on them using to promote their new albums, because they are not great. Compared to Mylo Xyloto which was a banging album released just before their 2011 set

Mylo Xyloto was released a fair few months after the festival, so even though you may not be a huge fan, at least you'll be familiar with the material this time round - remember thinking it was odd that they played so heavily from a yet to be released album last time round, and that it went down so well

Like a few have said I liked the first two albums at the time but don't think I have listened to either since then, I wouldn't mind hearing a couple of their dittys live but I imagine there will be something much more appealing on elsewhere.

edit: I have watched their last go on the pyramid and loved what they did with the video mapping on the side of it, looked really cool.

Edited by JayBalls

13 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Mylo Xyloto was released a fair few months after the festival, so even though you may not be a huge fan, at least you'll be familiar with the material this time round - remember thinking it was odd that they played so heavily from a yet to be released album last time round, and that it went down so well

In fairness Charlie Brown was painting by numbers Coldplay, Hurts Like Heaven was quite an enjoyable opener and Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall was already out at that stage. I wasn't so impressed with Major Minus or Us Against The World which killed the set a bit. Still better than X&Y material i suppose. 

• 1 month later...

Yep I'm going to Wembley on the Saturday - really looking forward to it, as you say, they always give a great show.  Doubt whether I'll see them at Glasto as it's only a week later and it looks like Earth Wind and Fire might be on at the same time.

I had a couple of tickets for the Saturday, however sold them (face value - the outrageous prices second hand tickets go for really pisses me off) as money is a little tight (actually that's not quite accurate, more forward planning as the company I work for may be getting bought out).

Annnnyyywwwaaayys, I can't bloody wait for their Glasto show. I've never seen them at Glasto before (only been going since 2013) and never actually seen them do a big show. I was lucky enough to see them for the first time last year when they played the little gig in a church for Radio 1. Loved it.

I know they get a lot of hate on here, and I agree that it is a bit of a lazy booking, especially for the vets! But does that concern me? Does it heck! It's now my only chance to see them do a big show at my favourite place in the world. Absolutely buzzing. 

Edited by djdavejohnson

Lots of people hate them or are dismissive of them and that's their prerogative but you are in for a treat!  I've seen them a couple of times and the sheer energy that Chris Martin puts into a show is amazing!  We were standing in the second row the last time and it was phenomenal.

Going to see them at Manchester next weekend... Definitely keeping the xylobands and wearing on the Sunday at Glastonbury because I doubt they'll hand them out at Glastonbury but they might still "activate" them as part of their setup? Who knows.

1 minute ago, Sidasta said:

Going to see them at Manchester next weekend... Definitely keeping the xylobands and wearing on the Sunday at Glastonbury because I doubt they'll hand them out at Glastonbury but they might still "activate" them as part of their setup? Who knows.

Good point actually, I remember on their mylo xyloto tour I still had the wristband at home and it flashed every now and then. Weird!

1 minute ago, Finding leto14 said:

Good point actually, I remember on their mylo xyloto tour I still had the wristband at home and it flashed every now and then. Weird!

I remember reading a story about someone who went to a shoot for one of their music videos off the Mylo album. They were all given xylobands to wear for the shoot, and she kept hers, and when Coldplay were playing nearby a few weeks/months later, her xyloband sprang into action.