Vape or Smoke

rebus

As a vaper since about august last year I'm wondering whether to just vape at festival or have a 5 day holiday and smoke.  I guess in a reminiscing way I see myself smoking but is that just stupid? Vaping is another logistical battery charging thing to plan for and of course there are special smokes to consider as well.  Thoughts? Experiences?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my mates puts  dope in to a vaping machine and smokes that. At least I think it's a vaping instrument. I gave up alcohol for two years and fags for about sixteen months before I landed at Glastonbury a fair few years ago now. I lasted a day there before I was back on the fags and drink again. And I haven't looked back since.

Not a massive smoker except when wasted - and thus 20 a day at Glastonbury until last year when I bought a e-cig to avoid the bad sinus pain I was getting every morning.  I've had only 2 lapses since - one (normal) rollie which felt ok, and a proper ciggie which tasted foul and left the most god-awful smell on me (obv never noticed it before).

So my advice - you've done great so far.  Don't go back.

I don't have the 'special' cigarette issue, but could you not get a proper vaporizer for that and thus avoid tobacco anyway?

Edited by Janaka

I guess only you know what would be the outcome if you did smoke, and how commited you are to not returning to regular smoking.

Do you think you could do it for just five days and then, truly, stop without any great issue?

I can. I do. But then I don't smoke or vape the rest of the year, so it's not analogous, really.

If you don't think you can 'trust' yourself to leave the cigs (normal and jazz) inside the fence, then it might be best not to risk it.

:)

Ben

11 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

Take the vape. Smoke pure weed spliffs, or a pipe or something. I had my last cigs at Glastonbury 2011 and haven't looked back. Fuck tobacco. 

This. I gave up the stinkies a couple of years ago, have taken my vape mod, just bought a couple of spare batteries. 

For those wanting to cut out the tobacco element of their green consumption, I can highly recommend the Arizer solo vaporiser. Quite expensive but worth its weight in gold for its ease of use, relative discreetness and battery power. Had mine over a year now and haven't had a regular J with tobacco since. Battery lasted the whole of last year's festival with ease. 

13 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Do you pipe then at festivals? Since I stopped smoking the only weed I've had is a brownie in Amsterdam lst year. 

I take a bit of green in a single skinner spliff . It doesn't need much. A small pipe would have a similar effect I assume, but I don't own one (not that they're hard to find at the festival) 

Edited by fatyeti24

2 hours ago, Harmonic Prospector said:

For those wanting to cut out the tobacco element of their green consumption, I can highly recommend the Arizer solo vaporiser. Quite expensive but worth its weight in gold for its ease of use, relative discreetness and battery power. Had mine over a year now and haven't had a regular J with tobacco since. Battery lasted the whole of last year's festival with ease. 

I like them but they are pretty steep, any ideas of the cheapest place to look? :thumbsu:

These aren't cheap, but there are places that sell this in the UK, rather than you having to pay for shipping.

It has a plate above the compartment, so that the contents are vaporised rather than burnt.

The top bit with the plate comes off and screws onto bongs and other things if that's what you prefer.

http://vaporgenie.com/

Edited by clarkete

4 hours ago, tommywillo said:

I like them but they are pretty steep, any ideas of the cheapest place to look? :thumbsu:

Sadly it seems that £140 is the cheapest you can get them. However, the saving I have made in tobacco costs cancels that out ten fold. It's just whether you can afford to pay out that initial large cost.