2016 Line Up Poster

wozwebs

39 minutes ago, st dan said:

With the number of festivals, and the frequency that acts seem to tour these days - if you're a keen music fan (which we all are on here), then it's very difficult for a festival to book a fresh and exciting lineup. 

This year, it's clear that Glastonbury have managed this (Pyramid headliners aside).  

Exactly. I don't think I could put together a lineup of 70ish great acts that I've never seen before, or even haven't seen in the past few years.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Purple aki squat said:

Ronnie Spector could be absolutely brilliant. Loads more to come so it should be a great weekend 

She's this year's Mavis Staples.

Don't miss the chance to see a soul legend in the twilight of her career. If you don't know the Ronettes, you need some schooling.

9 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's a breadth thing.

If you're dismissing the entire bill out of hand - which features everything from cutting edge grime to veteran reggae guitarists, from Arab classical music to ambient electronica and teen metal and everything inbetween - then it comes across as less a considered value judgment than it does reactionary posturing.

Hi 

Please excuse my ignorance, keen to learn.

Can you tell me who the veteran reggae guitarists are? Thanks.

Lots of names I'm not familiar with on the poster.  

Just now, LeeGalvin said:

Oh Christ, the inevitable clashes are already making me feel ill.

yep, the quality of the numerous acts looking very likely to be taking high/headline positions on all stages is looking to be a right pisser as always - maybe moreso than previous years. some hard decisions are gonna have to be made when the times are released

2 hours ago, Purple aki squat said:

As always when you get a chance to sit and read through it, it is a real mix of what you were expecting and a few that surprise. Ronnie Spector could be absolutely brilliant. Loads more to come so it should be a great weekend 

Ronnie Spector ...Brilliant !!! ????.......52 years ago in the Ronettes yes, now afraid not. 

1 hour ago, maelzoid said:

Don't miss the chance to see a soul legend in the twilight of her career. If you don't know the Ronettes, you need some schooling.

She's no Mavis Staples, 52 years ago in Ronettes she was brilliant, remembered buying there stuff then, she's well past her sell by date now.

1 hour ago, maelzoid said:

Yep, hearing nothing but bad things.....

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/dec/02/ronnie-spector-review-sage-gateshead

:rolleyes:

Edited by Alcatraz

The more I look at the poster, the better it gets.

Last year I saw a headliner that wasn't on the initial poster (Leftfield). There will be a few surprises to be found amongst what is to follow and I already have 2 unmissable acts and 15 that I want to see.

It only lacks Pyramid headliners. If even just one of Muse or Coldplay were replaced with a stellar name i.e. Stone Roses / Prince / ACDC or (yes a repeat booking but still....) McCartney, I am convinced people would be calling that the best line up in years. As it is, the Pyramid headliners sway opinions massively.

5 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

The more I look at the poster, the better it gets.

Last year I saw a headliner that wasn't on the initial poster (Leftfield). There will be a few surprises to be found amongst what is to follow and I already have 2 unmissable acts and 15 that I want to see.

It only lacks Pyramid headliners. If even just one of Muse or Coldplay were replaced with a stellar name i.e. Stone Roses / Prince / ACDC or (yes a repeat booking but still....) McCartney, I am convinced people would be calling that the best line up in years. As it is, the Pyramid headliners sway opinions massively.

All it is missing is Hurts and 2 Bears.

Really happy with this lineup. It doesn't seem to be a very popular way of thinking on here but I think I'm going to be seeing all 3 Pyramid headliners. Never seen Muse live and I've recently gotten into them (after hating them for years, weird). Adele will smash it without a doubt and Coldplay I really enjoyed when I saw them before.

Loads on the undercard I'm excited for, too. Just dreading the potential clashes when the set times are announced now!

1 minute ago, DareToDibble said:

Really happy with this lineup. It doesn't seem to be a very popular way of thinking on here but I think I'm going to be seeing all 3 Pyramid headliners. Never seen Muse live and I've recently gotten into them (after hating them for years, weird). Adele will smash it without a doubt and Coldplay I really enjoyed when I saw them before.

Nowt wrong with that as far as I'm concerned, all 3 have a good track record of being crowd pleasers and there are worse ways to end a night than any of them.  My Sunday night is currently far from certain, I wouldn't be unhappy if Coldplay were the best option on offer (I'd be surprised, but only because there are so many good acts that could headline other stages this year).